Foreign Physical Therapist

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Juliane in Ponta Grossa, Brazil

109 months ago

Hello,

I am a Physical Therapist in Brazil. I have also held a temporary license in Florida in 1994.In 1994 I didn´t have any books in English to study for the PT exam, now I have gotten books in English and I have been studying very hard.
I would like someone to sponsor me. I would like to go back to the United States and work as a PT. Is it possible to obtain a temporary license again, before taking the NPTE?
I have experience working with elderly, orthopedics and children with cerebral palsy.
I speak fluent English.

Juliane Wengerkiewicz

vernon eby in Harwood Heights, Illinois

109 months ago

Juliane in Ponta Grossa, Brazil said: Hello,

I am a Physical Therapist in Brazil. I have also held a temporary license in Florida in 1994.In 1994 I didn´t have any books in English to study for the PT exam, now I have gotten books in English and I have been studying very hard.
I would like someone to sponsor me. I would like to go back to the United States and work as a PT. Is it possible to obtain a temporary license again, before taking the NPTE?
I have experience working with elderly, orthopedics and children with cerebral palsy.
I speak fluent English.

Juliane Wengerkiewicz

juliane, email me back. I know of a company in the chicagoland area needing a PT. They are very busy and are looking to bring on a PT in their homehealth program. You would be working with patients in their home is my understanding. Are you currently licensed as a PT and could you practice in the US? Let me know. Vernon

Juliane in Ponta Grossa, Brazil

109 months ago

Vernon

I don´t have the license to work in the United states yet, but I have been studying for the board exam. I still need to get started on the documantation process.
In case you know any reliable PT recruting agency to indicate to me, it will be a good start.

Thanks

Juliane

betabra1 in Marble Falls, Texas

108 months ago

Hello Juliane,

I am a PT in Texas and am looking for a PT job in Brazil working with people that speak english or with english speaking physicians. My wife is from Punta Grossa and has been living in the US for over ten years. Her father owns a few stores called CEFEQ, and I would think it would be great to work there and allow my wife and daughter to back home again.

I work in an outpatient orthopedic clinic working with a large geriatric population. We have six locations in the Texas "The Hill Country" and are always looking to bring on a new therapist.

To find out if you can get another temporary you could check out NPTE.org. My wife thinks that you can get a work visa (if your not a citizen already) again without a problem.

Thanks,

Brad

I speak fluent English.

Juliane Wengerkiewicz

abq.staffing in Missouri City, Texas

62 months ago

I speak fluent English.

Juliane Wengerkiewicz

We are a staffing agency located here in Texas. We staff home health agencies with therapist, PT, OT, SLP. We offer sponsorship to qualified applicants. Please email your resume to us at ab.staffing@gmail.com

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.