Delta Conditional Job Offer....How long for training??

Comments (2)

Colin in Flower Mound, Texas

81 months ago

Hi there.

I recently went through two phone interviews, and flew to Atlanta for a f2f interview. They offered me the position (Cargo/Baggage Handler - Summer/Ready Reserve) on the spot. I of course accepted and did all of the testing...hearing test, physical test, drug test, finger prints, etc. I thought I had gotten the job.

It's been about a week and a half and I haven't received information on training dates...or anything for that matter. The position is supposed to start May 1st, and training is 2 weeks and 3 days, meaning it would almost have to start Monday (in about 4 days). I live in Dallas and need at least 2 days notice to get out there. I'm moving out to Atlanta so I need a job, and thought this was it.

Today I called the recruiters and asked for any kind of update/information. All they could tell me is that everything on my file is in order and that I should hear something within 6 MONTHS.

I don't understand. Is getting that far mean that I wasn't hired? Is there another number I can call for more information? I'm kind of freaking out because I'm moving out to Atlanta regardless, and I need to have a job. Thanks for any help!

Pmong in Elmont, New York

63 months ago

Colin in Flower Mound, Texas said: Hi there.

I recently went through two phone interviews, and flew to Atlanta for a f2f interview. They offered me the position (Cargo/Baggage Handler - Summer/Ready Reserve) on the spot. I of course accepted and did all of the testing...hearing test, physical test, drug test, finger prints, etc. I thought I had gotten the job.

It's been about a week and a half and I haven't received information on training dates...or anything for that matter. The position is supposed to start May 1st, and training is 2 weeks and 3 days, meaning it would almost have to start Monday (in about 4 days). I live in Dallas and need at least 2 days notice to get out there. I'm moving out to Atlanta so I need a job, and thought this was it.

Today I called the recruiters and asked for any kind of update/information. All they could tell me is that everything on my file is in order and that I should hear something within 6 MONTHS.

I don't understand. Is getting that far mean that I wasn't hired? Is there another number I can call for more information? I'm kind of freaking out because I'm moving out to Atlanta regardless, and I need to have a job. Thanks for any help!

Did you hear anything back from them?

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.