Boom or bust?

Comments (4)

Host

Are jobs in this industry on the rise? Are there any sub-sectors that are growing?

Where are the jobs? Which places have the most real estate appraiser opportunities?

Sawsan in Linden, NJ

154 months ago

I am interested in this profession ona part time basis and like to ask the same question, is it worth it?

Brian Muench in Charlottesville, Virginia

147 months ago

We are right around the corner and cover areas throughout New Jersey. I can certainly help you with salary information, but it mostly depends on how active you are with listings and how good you are with people. Check out our Website for real estate information in Jersey City, Hoboken, Red Bank NJ, Maplewood, Summit NJ and more:

www.BrianDavidRealtors.com

Appraiser Newbies in San Francisco, California

6 months ago

Sawsan in Linden, NJ said: I am interested in this profession ona part time basis and like to ask the same question, is it worth it?

There is definitely a shortage of appraisers in many states in these days. However, I wouldn’t recommend doing so part-time. Because the real estate appraiser industry is moving toward a higher level of professionalism

In other words, I would not surprise to see there will be an increasing regulatory requirement and cost in operating an appraisal practice. As a result, there will be fewer part-time appraisers.

Besides, fixed costs such as renewal fees and continuing education requirements are all same regardless of whether you are part-time or full-time.

I would expect to see the ones remaining would be those who truly dedicate their time and effort in developing their career in the appraisal industry.

Here's a post with more insights about the appraisal career outlook. Hope you'll find it useful.
appraisernewbies.com/how-to-become-a-real-estate-appraiser/

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.