taking the licence exam

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

deanna in Cleveland, Ohio

96 months ago

I was wondering if there is anybody in the Cleveland, Ohio area that is studying to take the license exam anytime soon? I have been out of school for a LONG time and need to take the exam again. Looking for some study partners...

margaret in Muskegon, Michigan

95 months ago

Deanna, my situation is similiar in that I haven't been in the social work field for almost 30 years and I do have a BSW but I'm not licensed in the state of michigan. I'm currently looking for a social work position and hopefully then pursue my license (new in MI since '05) but wouldn't even know how or what to study. I did order a study guide from the MI Dept. of Community Health which will only cover 50 questions. So, if you have any advice to pass it would be apprecicated.

Margaret in Muskegon, Michigan

95 months ago

Deanna in Cleveland, Ohio said: I found out that the rules have changed (in Ohio) and since I took and passed the Licence test when I graduated I do not need to take it again! Needless to say I am ecstatic! When I thought I had to take the test, I used the The complete guide to social work, it comes in BSW and LSW www.socialworkGuide.com . The guide was 135.00 I think but I felt like it was worth it, as I didn't really have any other resources. I would highly suggest whatever guide you get to do it sooner then later because there is so much information it takes a lot to go through. I never really ended up using these web sites but I did find them. Also, your local colleges could be helpful, although when I called ours, they were helpful but I couldn't take out any study guides, I could only use them in the Library ...2 kids and 2 (non-social work jobs) later, who has that kind of time? Best of Luck to you!
www.socialworkexam.com socialworkexam.ning.com/

Thanks so much Deanna for your feedback as well as the links. Hopefully, this week I'll complete filling out my limited license application; get fingerprinted and background check and make sure the college I attended in 1982 was accredited school. Wish you the best.
margaret

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.