Show me the money...

Comments (5)

Host

What are typical software sales representative salaries? Do some companies pay a lot more for this position than others? What does a top earner make in this field?

What skills should you learn to increase your salary?

WJ in Los Angeles, California

152 months ago

about 45k

Amy in Chicago Heights, Illinois

150 months ago

An average OTE of 150 with some much higher. Learn solution selling there are many courses. The bases can range from 50k to 100k but and the total can be from 100 to 300, but something in the middle is more common

JSo in Los Angeles, California

98 months ago

I would say that Amy's response from Chicago is pretty accurate. I software sales rep, and have a base salary of $50K plus commission, and am expected to make $85k this year. I have been in the industry for 11 months now. Sales reps that have been around for a couple of years make about $150K on average. he top sales rep made about $300K this year. The amount I could make is up to $200K.

J in San Diego, California

89 months ago

JSo in Los Angeles, California said: I would say that Amy's response from Chicago is pretty accurate. I software sales rep, and have a base salary of $50K plus commission, and am expected to make $85k this year. I have been in the industry for 11 months now. Sales reps that have been around for a couple of years make about $150K on average. he top sales rep made about $300K this year. The amount I could make is up to $200K.

JSo, Do you mind sharing your experience on how you landed your software sales job? I have 3 years of solution selling experience for a consumer goods company and would like to transition over to software sales preferably in the health care sector.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.