Interpreting States Certification Test's TIPS

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Maria A Moreno in Los Angeles, California

103 months ago

Hi everyone. I would like to start a new discussion on TIPS for the State Certification test. Since it costs $250 dollars to take it, I found myself in a crossroad with so much information to study from (vocabulary, techniques, etc, etc.). It would be SUCH A GREAT HELP if those who have taken de test would share their comments: I understand that the ORAL part for example has it's variations time to time; for example, one time they make a difficult and comvoluted CONSECUTIVE and an easy and short SIMULTANEOUS and viceversa. You can also share the themes or fields on where the test are about. I think it would save all of us time and NOT effort since we have tons to study. Thank you in advance for your cooperation...

GLORIA BERNAL in Colton, California

103 months ago

IM ACTUALLY INTERESTED IN PURSUING A CAREER AS AN INTERPRETER I CURRENTLY GOT MY ASSOCIATES DEGREE IN BUSSINESS ADMINISTRATION! IM FLUENT IN SPANISH THEREFORE I WANT TO USE THAT AS AN ASSET MY COUSELOR ADVISE ME TO TAKE AN ADVANCE SPANISH CLASS AND THEN TAKE THE TEST BUT I KNOW IS MORE THAN JUST TAKING A SPANISH CLASS PLEASE I WOULD APPRECIATE YOUR ADVISE

kaiser employee in Lakewood, California

101 months ago

ima be nice. ENGLISH: VERACITY. INSULAR. CONTINGENT SPANISH: CELADA, MERENGUAR, UNGUENTO, AND THATS NOTHING! WORDS LIKE THAT NON STOP!

PS.

I was taking court interpreting classes at southern california school of interpreting and have 2 cd's from the proffesor there and 2 text books that i paid 575.00 for each course by Mr, Wagner. Im no longer interested in this field do to failed oral state exams. Im willing to sell these at a reasonable price. They prepare you for the oral state exam in california. I have 2 books that i paid 200 each for that prepare you for the written state exam. I can almost be sure they will help you pass. (i did) willing to sell them also. ANY TAKERS???

alicia in Tustin, California

87 months ago

kaiser employee in Lakewood, California said: ima be nice. ENGLISH: VERACITY. INSULAR. CONTINGENT SPANISH: CELADA, MERENGUAR, UNGUENTO, AND THATS NOTHING! WORDS LIKE THAT NON STOP!

PS.

I was taking court interpreting classes at southern california school of interpreting and have 2 cd's from the proffesor there and 2 text books that i paid 575.00 for each course by Mr, Wagner. Im no longer interested in this field do to failed oral state exams. Im willing to sell these at a reasonable price. They prepare you for the oral state exam in california. I have 2 books that i paid 200 each for that prepare you for the written state exam. I can almost be sure they will help you pass. (i did) willing to sell them also. ANY TAKERS???

Do you still want to sell them?

Purple in San Diego, California

81 months ago

kaiser employee in Lakewood, California said: ima be nice. ENGLISH: VERACITY. INSULAR. CONTINGENT SPANISH: CELADA, MERENGUAR, UNGUENTO, AND THATS NOTHING! WORDS LIKE THAT NON STOP!

PS.

Do you still have the material?

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.