Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

Lorijen in Belgrade, Serbia

86 months ago

I would be grateful to me for some answers to the following questions ..
I graduated from Faculty of Special Education and Rehabilitation in Belgrade (Serbia, department for Mental disability, for one month I will finish the master studies.I have experience in the field one year, working in the development group at pre-school as a special educator, I'm interested in whether in the United States recognizes the diplomas of the Faculty for special education and rehabilitation from Serbia? and what are the chances to find jobs in the USA, with my qualifications? Thank you all for answers!


markuza in Bel Air, Maryland

85 months ago

It depends on the state and the school district that you apply to teach in. Maryland for instance will not evaluate your credentials until you obtain an indepedent national credential evaluation. I have included a few such institutions below as well as the Maryland statements from their website. Had to delete the phone numbers.

Step 1.
MSDE does not review specific documents from other countries. You must first obtain a course-by-course evaluation from a MSDE approved foreign evaluation agency.

Step 2.
To request a MSDE evaluation by mail, submit the following:

Qualifying scores on a Basic skills assessment (Praxis 1, SAT, GRE, or ACT); Additional tests, Praxis II or ACTFL may be required for full professional certification but are not needed for an initial evaluation. A photocopy of the score report is acceptable;
Original course-by-course evaluation in an unopened mailer from the approved foreign credentials evaluation agency;

Approved Foreign Evaluation Agency
An Association of Independent Evaluation Services
Revised 3/31/2011
Center for Applied Research
Evaluation & Education
P. O. Box 18358
Anaheim, CA 92817
FACS, Inc.
Foreign Academic Credentials Service, Inc.
P.O. Box 400
Glen Carbon, IL 62034


» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.