How to get started in this field??

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

Aaron in Milford, Connecticut

76 months ago

I have a BA in Communications and I'm really interested in becoming a councilor/ psychologist with a specialty in drug and alcohol addiction and treatment, with aspirations of opening my own practice at some point in the future... what is the first step in education that I should look into??

Would it be easiest or most practical to look into MSW programs that might specialize more in addiction? Or a separate degree? MSW, then LDAC certification? I want to get the ball rolling ASAP as I am 26 y/o, not getting any younger, and ready to go back to school and get things started.... Any info/comments that could help would be greatly appreciated, thank you very much!

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

cheeseballs in Everett, Washington

59 months ago


- Was this comment helpful?
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.