Help me find a wedding planner school in Northern Virginia

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (12)

Dreamer in Vienna, Virginia

105 months ago

I been going insane trying to find a wedding planner school in northern virginia but i cant seem to find one. I dont want an online course. I want class room courses. Help Me if anyone know of any school in DC or Va.

Kirsten in Lubbock, Texas

104 months ago

I just got a job working for Rebecca Hackl Events in Dallas and honestly there is no need for you to go to an event planning school. Your best bet is to get a bachelors degree in hospitality and find yourself an internship in the field for a summer and hopefully if it goes successful and you prove yourself they will offer you a permanent job. There are certification classes you can take to gain resume experience but most firms are independently owned and just want someone that's willing to learn with the drive or previous event planning experience.(Such as the AACWP-American Association of Certified Wedding Planners) Most companies look down upon wedding planning schools because none of them are truly nationally known, It's instead someone just trying to make a quick buck from young women trying to get into their "dream job". I hope some of this info. help. Best of Luck!

Whitney in Chester, Virginia

104 months ago

Read you comment, I just got certified for event wedding planning and I went through Wedding Planning Institute, and found an online class is was wonderful! but they also offered it in classrooms at the University of Richmond, near me but you can search for schools offereing the same course I took online in colleges around VA! Hope it helps! weddingplanninginstitute.com find your school for wedding planning through gatlineeducation.com first tho.

Mickie in Portland, Oregon

98 months ago

I am looking for a wedding and event planning school. Is it best to take a course in event planning through a community college or specific wedding planning school ? Have not been able to find a wedding planning school located in Portland, OR.

katyh in Manahawkin, New Jersey

97 months ago

Im an interior decorator thats currently very slow in the business due to the housing market. So, I thought possibly a career in Event and wedding planning would be a good direction to go since I have had experience in designing for weddings and major events. Do I need to take an online course or local college for this career?

Melissa in NJ in Budd Lake, New Jersey

95 months ago

I always search jobs on craigslist and yahoo but I do not know what to type in when looking to find a job either event planning or working at a reception hall planning the weddings. I graduate with a bachelors in March in communications so I want to get my feet wet. ANy thoughts?

Gaby L. in West Hills, California

93 months ago

I am looking for wedding planning school.Have not been able to find a wedding planning school located in West Hill,California.

Christie in San Francisco, California

88 months ago

I see your question was a while ago and hopefully you're a wedding planner by now! So the next step is to get your name out there. My best luck has been through creating a free profile on www.GatheringGuide.com if you're looking for suggestions.

Christie in San Francisco, California

88 months ago

There's a list of wedding planners in VA on www.gatheringguide.com/event_dir/va_virginia/evl_event_planners.html If you want to narrow it down by city, you can get even more specific. Just call a few people and compare prices from there.

Joshua in Seattle, Washington

88 months ago

I recently came across a program in California that's online calinstitute.org

HTH,

carolmcculloch1 in Murrieta, California

87 months ago

Penn Fosster.com all online

Camila in Bethesda, Maryland

10 months ago

Dreamer in Vienna, Virginia said: I been going insane trying to find a wedding planner school in northern virginia but i cant seem to find one. I dont want an online course. I want class room courses. Help Me if anyone know of any school in DC or Va.

Hello! I would like to know if you found the school! I'm crazy looking too! Thank you

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.