event planner

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

tcarvente in Los Angeles, California

88 months ago

I want to become an event planner what are a few steps to get me started?

- Was this comment helpful?
Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Angie in Brooklyn, New York

88 months ago

I suggest you take the course by The International Institute of Weddings and Weddings Beautiful, They are inexpensive but you will learn tons and receive great benefits and support after graduation. They both have their own bridal association and you won't be paying out the amounts the other associations are asking. One time fee and its low.

Research the planners in your area see what they offer, what they charge and if they themselves have any degrees or certifications. Scope out the competition it will help you greatly when creating your own business plan.

Lots of schools have their gimmicks that make them seem better than another but hey that is called marketing and advertising. The truth is their isn't any formal required certifications for this field. All you need to do is learn about weddings and what it takes to plan them, and how to run your business. Mentally getting prepared is also a part of the process and they address that in the courses in the shcools I mentioned above. Spending less doesn't mean you get less. Spending more doesn't mean you get more.

Good luck with whatever choice you make for learning this biz.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

tcarvente in Los Angeles, California

88 months ago

Thanks for the info that is very helpful, so I should sear for the international institute of weddings by any chance do you know if it is an online program or how does that work?

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Angie in Brooklyn, New York

88 months ago

The International Institute of Weddings will send you their binder with the entire course inside. You will go online to submit your assignements to your tutor. This course is excellent in teaching you what you need to start and run your own business. The only negative I had with this school was thier communication. Sometimes it takes time to get a response. Other than that it was just what I needed to learn.

Weddings Beautiful is different as it has a great focus on teaching you everything you need to know about weddings and to educate and assist your future clients. With this school you go online and download the course info and to check your grades. You can download them all at once or one at a time as you do them it is your choice. You submit your assignments to your tutor online.

I recommend both courses. Lots of people are getting two certifications so taking both is not a waste. With a good portion of the other schools you are paying $800 to over $1,000 for one course and one certificate and not really getting all that you need.

These two schools together cost the same as one of the other schools and you are definetly getting all you need to get started in this field.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.