Cant Pass the NY Life and Health exam Study problems Focus problems and discipline problems..... Anyone else have these?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

Helene in Warrington, Pennsylvania

103 months ago

You can only take the exam 4 times in one year.

Helene
Doylestown, PA

dwisdwis@*****.*** in Washington, District of Columbia

100 months ago

Rob in East Orange, New Jersey said: As stated, Im trying to get certified for NYS Life health accident and insurance and work for Axa advisors, only problem is that I am taking too long, I havent spoke to my hiring manager in a few months and promised him I would pass the test, its just taking a little long due to other matters in my life.

I am young, just turned 21, and there are plenty of distractions going on in my life right now and I just cant focus on studying the materials.....

I see myself succeeding at the job but just cant force myself to stay put,stick it out and study, maybe I have ADD !

Did any of you guys have trouble? I only failed once by 15 pts and This was back in March. When i failed that exam, I studied maybe 8 hours total. So obviously I have the potential to pass if the time is put in, But do you think its natural that I am having these problems? Did you?

Thanks and any input/comments/advice appreciated : )

I agree I am having trouble studying the NYS Health and Life also. At first I thought it was because of my age. I'm only a few years older, but thats alot when dealing with computers. I am having trouble finding the time and trying to remember the material. Its alot to take on and I'm feeling like I just need a good old fashioned class-room.

Teacherless

Helene in Richboro, Pennsylvania

100 months ago

It is alot of material to cover. It is especially difficult for those of us who has no previous knowledge in these areas. I am also having a difficult time passing it and I was an honor student in college. You don't have ADD. In Pennsylvania there is a cram course called Russ Financial. I don't think they offer this in New York, but I believe this type of course is probably what you need. The Russ Financial class brought my score up 3 points from passing. Although several other people in the class did pass the exam after taking a Russ Financial course on the first try.

jayp in Elkhart, Indiana

99 months ago

angiolena in New Jersey said: Any help on passing the NJ Life and Health Insurance Exam . I failed by 1 question on the State finals. The tests to qualify for the State final I passed with flying colors. Some off the questions on the exam I cannot find in my book. What is the time in LTC , when the bed is not being used due to a weekend leave or a day away called ? What is it called when a bank hides insurance claims to look like they are doing better than they are ? I cannot find the answers anywhere. HELP !

I've been a licensed financial planner, stockbroker and insurance rep from 1979 until retirement in 2007. Now I write on those subjects. I think you might be talking about BOI, bank owned insurance. They don't hide the claims, they hide the fact that they collect on the death of previously employed people or present employees to bolster up their income.

Northwestern Mutual, CLU, ChFC in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

99 months ago

Listen, the point of this forum is to help these guys out with their future examiniations of L&H. All of us who have passed the exam should give them valuable tips/information and inspiring words. Telling them to quit or find a new career is a bit extreme just because they failed it once or twice or even three times.

The exam is 150 questions. There are 3 types or ways they might structure each questions. 1) All of the following "Except", 2) A direct question, i.e: what is an estoppel? 3) Incomplete sentences. You have 2.5 hours to complete the exam with a 5 minute break in the middle.

All of you who are about to take the exam for the first time, should definitely consult with their firm about study guides, classes, etc. Also if you fail, ITS NOT A BIG DEAL, I failed my first time too. It's ALOT of information and often dry information to learn in a short period of time....especially for all you recent young college graduates.

If you fail, they will give you a print out with the exact break down of all 16 areas/chapters you did well or poorly on. Really focus on these areas of weakness and take the studying seriously going into the next exam.

One final note, any of you taking the Penn State L&H exam, should know that scoring in the 60's or 50's your first time is a pretty damn good try. The PA L&H exam is considered to be the hardest exam to take out of all 50 states!

Overall, FOCUS and DEDICATE YOUR TIME to this exam! This IS a serious exam that will seriously test your industry knowledge and test taking abilities.

andrew16875 in Altoona, Pennsylvania

98 months ago

Hello all, I've been in Medical Sales my entire career, thinking of a part time job, possibly selling "Final Expense" Does anyone know what the minimum testing requirements are to simply sell Final Expense in PA? Do you have to pass the PA L&H to be qualified?
Thx!

JGSW in Central Islip, New York

95 months ago

Max said: I have a study guide if anyone is interested. Not trying to sel, just offer help because I know it can be stressful.

I would love one... this AD Banker course for the LAH is driving me insane because there is no outline or anything that tells me the percentage of each chapter thats gonna be on the test... email me - JGSWoodward@gmail.com

g money in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

91 months ago

Max said: I have a study guide if anyone is interested. Not trying to sel, just offer help because I know it can be stressful.

Hi by any chance can you send me the study guide at gfarag88@gmail.com

Future Financial Advisor for ING in Fairfax, Virginia

90 months ago

T-Diddy in Racine, Wisconsin said: Just wanted to let you all have a little advice from a FA.... First of all, never call yourself a Financial Adviser because it sounds like a car salesman, second if you are having any kind of trouble with the life and health, than just get ready for the 7, it is at least 10 times harder. I agree with c money with this one. If you had problems with the L and H than another job is probably for you. I scored a 98 on the L and H, and only a 76 on the 7 both first time testing. I am not saying I am good but I put MANY hours studying, I even train people for money to pass both tests.

Best of Luck

T Diddy

One thing I literally can not stand is when someone says "NEVER DO *blank*" and then fails to give an example of what they SHOULD do. I am studying my LAH right now to become a financial advisor for ING. The studying has been tedious, but pretty simple to understand.

T Diddy- if you recommend to never refer to yourself as a financial advisor, then what should you refer to yourself as?

shakiem2001 in Jamaica, New York

90 months ago

Can you also send me a copy of the study guide if you can. keemstarz@aim.com Thank you!

crystal1na in Schenectady, New York

90 months ago

help!

Orlando Houston in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

89 months ago

Pierre in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: hey buddy, I am having the same problem, and I work for NY life also. I am studying for my Life and health exams, and its been very hard to understand and remember all the materials.

I am in the pre employment stage at a life insurance firm in Pennsylvania. I failed my first exam by 10 points. It is true that there is a lot of information to remember. I guess I have to study harder

89 months ago

Orlando Houston in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania said: I am in the pre employment stage at a life insurance firm in Pennsylvania. I failed my first exam by 10 points. It is true that there is a lot of information to remember. I guess I have to study harder

In addition to studying I am a senior in college. Maybe I should wait until I am finished with school so I can devote more time.

89 months ago

Point401 in Minneapolis, Minnesota said: I have a 6, 63 and 26... should I worry about the L&H test? I heard it was cake but Max, if you have that study guide, I'd be willing to read it.

As for anyone new to financial services, I can say from my experience to find a strong company and take an entry level position. If you excel you will be recognized. I started with ING right after college 2.5 years ago in the call center making $28k. As of my new role I start on May 1st, I will have more than doubled my salary with an additional posibility of $7-$10k in bonuses. Work hard early= work less later.

Hey if you have that study guide could email it to me orlandorh1986@yahoo.com
Thank You

89 months ago

Northwestern Mutual, CLU, ChFC in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: Listen, the point of this forum is to help these guys out with their future examiniations of L&H. All of us who have passed the exam should give them valuable tips/information and inspiring words. Telling them to quit or find a new career is a bit extreme just because they failed it once or twice or even three times.

The exam is 150 questions. There are 3 types or ways they might structure each questions. 1) All of the following "Except", 2) A direct question, i.e: what is an estoppel? 3) Incomplete sentences. You have 2.5 hours to complete the exam with a 5 minute break in the middle.

All of you who are about to take the exam for the first time, should definitely consult with their firm about study guides, classes, etc. Also if you fail, ITS NOT A BIG DEAL, I failed my first time too. It's ALOT of information and often dry information to learn in a short period of time....especially for all you recent young college graduates.

If you fail, they will give you a print out with the exact break down of all 16 areas/chapters you did well or poorly on. Really focus on these areas of weakness and take the studying seriously going into the next exam.

One final note, any of you taking the Penn State L&H exam, should know that scoring in the 60's or 50's your first time is a pretty damn good try. The PA L&H exam is considered to be the hardest exam to take out of all 50 states!

Overall, FOCUS and DEDICATE YOUR TIME to this exam! This IS a serious exam that will seriously test your industry knowledge and test taking abilities.

Thanks for those words of encouragement. I am under pre employment with Axa Advisors. I scored a 63% on my first try. I am a senior in at Pitt and working full time as well. I definitely will focus on those areas in which I lacked. Do you reccomend taking the exam a week later?

Bpetka in West Chester, Pennsylvania

88 months ago

I would love a copy of the test if you have it to help me pass this boring test! Bpetka@verizon.net would be my personal email. Let me know if you have anything to help me get through this. I have to take the Health and Life insurance part of the exam. Thank for your help big time!

87 months ago

Bpetka in West Chester, Pennsylvania said: I would love a copy of the test if you have it to help me pass this boring test! Bpetka@verizon.net would be my personal email. Let me know if you have anything to help me get through this. I have to take the Health and Life insurance part of the exam. Thank for your help big time!

I have a study guide that I will try to email to you. I took the Life, Accident and Health exam. I hear the PA exam is one of the toughest, however it can be passed. Just have a thorough understanding of the material, because many of the questions are convoluted.

AB in Levittown, New York

87 months ago

I am using the STC textbook right now. I have been studying for a week, but my company just sent me the user name and password for the ODC online course. Is this required to take the New York Health and Life Insurance Exam or can I just register and take the exam?

Orlando Houston in North Versailles, Pennsylvania

87 months ago

I don't believe that an online course is necessary to register for the exam. However, you do have to pass an online examination (pre licensing) with a 70% or better before you can take the official exam. The details are listed in your STC book.

AB in Matawan, New Jersey

87 months ago

According to New York, I need to complete a 40 hour online course and take a proctored exam before I get a certificate to finally take the actual test.

Orlando Houston in North Versailles, Pennsylvania

87 months ago

I was required to take a 24 hour online course.

86 months ago

Did you take your Life exam yet? I just took the Series 6 today and scored an 81%. I plan to take my Series 7 next.

AB in Matawan, New Jersey

86 months ago

I passed the Health and Life Insurance Exam of the weekend. I am going to take the series 7, 63 and 65 this summer.

86 months ago

Cool..I hear the 63 does not take long to study for. I plan to take the 7 in a few weeks then my 66. Let me know how the Series 7 goes.

86 months ago

I should be taking the 63 in a week or so.

Ham in Staten Island, New York

86 months ago

Hi, I am planning to take L & H ins exam in MN, can you pls let me know approx ho many hours of study is needed ? what % score you need to pass ? what % of applicants pass ? thanks,
I.Ham, PhD

Point401 in Minneapolis, Minnesota said: I have a 6, 63 and 26... should I worry about the L&H test? I heard it was cake but Max, if you have that study guide, I'd be willing to read it.

As for anyone new to financial services, I can say from my experience to find a strong company and take an entry level position. If you excel you will be recognized. I started with ING right after college 2.5 years ago in the call center making $28k. As of my new role I start on May 1st, I will have more than doubled my salary with an additional posibility of $7-$10k in bonuses. Work hard early= work less later.

MaguirePhD in Tuckerton, New Jersey

85 months ago

I. Ham:

Take a look at New York Trust www.NYTRust.netm], a that may fit the bill for you.

Dr. Maguire

MaguirePhD in Tuckerton, New Jersey

85 months ago

TD in Edmond, Oklahoma

85 months ago

I took the online course for Oklahoma Life Accident and Health. I recently tested and didn't pass. I guess it was a little hard for me. I am trying to work for New York Life. I don't want this to determine if they are going to continue to hire me or not due to me passing the test. If anyone has any advice or study guides I would greatly appreciate it.

studying for my NY test mike in Poughkeepsie, New York

83 months ago

please send me the outline..........deskofmike@gmail.com

thank you
mike

mary in Brooklyn, New York

82 months ago

i took the course back in may and passed the school test by the skin of my teeth. i took the nys test 4 times total and will be taking the test for a fifth time tommorow. It is a very hard test and there are a lot of things to know. I have major ADD and its very hard for me to concentrate but im 10 questions away from passing, and since im studying so much ,i know the material, but i just cant quite answer the questions correctly for some reason. They are very tricky

orlando in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

82 months ago

Go with your gut. However, memorizing the material and definitions are not enough; you need to be able to apply it. A 5th times a charm you will pass. Are you planning on taking an FINRA exams?

pdimmock57 in Bristol, United Kingdom

81 months ago

Rob in East Orange, New Jersey said: As stated, Im trying to get certified for NYS Life health accident and insurance and work for Axa advisors, only problem is that I am taking too long, I havent spoke to my hiring manager in a few months and promised him I would pass the test, its just taking a little long due to other matters in my life.

I am young, just turned 21, and there are plenty of distractions going on in my life right now and I just cant focus on studying the materials.....

I see myself succeeding at the job but just cant force myself to stay put,stick it out and study, maybe I have ADD !

Did any of you guys have trouble? I only failed once by 15 pts and This was back in March. When i failed that exam, I studied maybe 8 hours total. So obviously I have the potential to pass if the time is put in, But do you think its natural that I am having these problems? Did you?

Thanks and any input/comments/advice appreciated : )

Hi Rob,
I just saw your post but it's a few years back now. How have you been getting on? Please give me a progress report on what's what. Best wishes, Pat

Kathia in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

81 months ago

I need help. I feel like I've had the worst luck w this. I have failed 3 . 64, 68 and 69. Wth I am taking it one more time and if I don't pass I'm done. What can I do to finally pass.

pdimmock57 in Southampton, United Kingdom

81 months ago

Make sure you understand the words connected to the subject; if you don't have a full grasp of these you will not fully understand the subject and be able to pass an exam. I suggest going over the area(s) that you failed on and really digging in to see if you have words there that you don't fully grasp and then re-studying those sections.
Good luck, I hope you pass it this time!

njsunshine2055 in Hasbrouck Heights, New Jersey

81 months ago

Can you send it to me - njsunshine2055@hotmail.com

John in Ewa Beach, Hawaii

80 months ago

Max, not sure if you're here anymore, but wouldn't mind a copy of the study guide. Please send to hawnbiz@gmail.com

Mahalo!

80 months ago

Don't forget to properly look up and define any words you don't understand. Symbols too. No one can expect to understand a subject and be able to use it if they have words left un-defined. Good luck, I hope you pass this time! :)

Steve in Westhampton, New York

79 months ago

please send a study guide to rapperillestlearner@yahoo.com

Adam Strech in Levittown, New York

79 months ago

Try the Pohs institute. i passed the class exam on my 2nd try and the state exam on my first. the class is 5 days and you can return for free for up to a year. i went the week, failed the class exam went back the next 3 days and didnt even finish out the week cuz i wanted to take the test with the stuff we learned fresh in my head. if you are interested in getting tutored contact me audioinfantryny@gmail.com

Adam Strech in Levittown, New York

79 months ago

Try the Pohs institute. i passed the class exam on my 2nd try and the state exam on my first. the class is 5 days and you can return for free for up to a year. i went the week, failed the class exam went back the next 3 days and didnt even finish out the week cuz i wanted to take the test with the stuff we learned fresh in my head. if you are interested in getting tutored contact me audioinfantryny@gmail.com

jackys in Brooklyn, New York

79 months ago

I'm sooooo stressful right now... Im Grad this year,I can't find a job. I'm taking STC LAH online course right now, I already studied for a while, but I noticed that someone said STC is not work well. I feel so upset... It make me dont have power to contiue... I need help!!!!!!:(

79 months ago

Oh dear, it does sound as if you are in a bit of a pickle. First off, what do YOU think of the on-line course? Never mind what someone else told you about it. Does it make sense to you, do you feel like you are learning new things?
I suggest that in all this whirl of different things that are going on and going "wrong" in your life you do this, sit down and choose one thing that you feel you can do something about, even if it doesn't seem like it's a major thing and then work out the steps to achoieve it. And then, of course do them. When you have done that choose another thing and etc. Let me know how you go, I'm interested.
Best Wishes, Pat

79 months ago

Oh dear, it does sound as if you are in a bit of a pickle. First off, what do YOU think of the on-line course? Never mind what someone else told you about it. Does it make sense to you, do you feel like you are learning new things?
I suggest that in all this whirl of different things that are going on and going "wrong" in your life you do this, sit down and choose one thing that you feel you can do something about, even if it doesn't seem like it's a major thing and then work out the steps to achoieve it. And then, of course do them. When you have done that choose another thing and etc. Let me know how you go, I'm interested.
Best Wishes, Pat

lando in Braddock, Pennsylvania

79 months ago

I beg the differ. I used the STC materials for the LAH,Series 6&63...I am planning on taking the Series 7&65 with the STC materials soon.

jackys in Brooklyn, New York

79 months ago

lando in Braddock, Pennsylvania said: I beg the differ. I used the STC materials for the LAH,Series 6&63...I am planning on taking the Series 7&65 with the STC materials soon.

Hi, I wonder to know which part do you think is very useful about STC materials, the textbook or the PPT slides? Be honestly, I'm not very good at reading...and I found the PPT has more content than the textbook. So can I watch the PPT first and read the textbook(only part of materials include in the Exam Outline). Could tell me some experience about studying LAH with STC? Thank you so much!

Jacy

Barry in Sumter, South Carolina

78 months ago

Is there anyway I could get a copy of anyones guide? I have a Jel Publishing notebook, but it is not good at laying a foundation. I feel like if I understood some definitions and terms, I could do much better.

Thanks in advance.

Demi in New Paltz, New York

78 months ago

Hi my name is Demi. Today I failed my NY life insurance exam thinking I knew all the answers. I did the AD Banker course on line, all the words they used in the exam was so much different. Next week I am taking it again. Does anyone have any type of guide to email me demi00@msn.com. It will be gratefully appreciated. I hope I pass this time. Sooooooo stressed out!

Bruce W Sims in Mchenry, Illinois

78 months ago

Hi, Folks:

a.) I was very pro-active in getting my licensure. I had spent many months organizing my career path and don't have much patience for anything or anyone that is not helping me to move forward with my plans. "lead me....follow me...or get out of my way" is my mantra.

b.)Here in the Northern Illinois area we have whats called Prep Training which I used to get my Life and Health in November. They don't do the Testing but they are very much focused on teaching to the test. The good news is that helps people to focus on things one can more reasonable expect on the Exam. The bad news is that teaching to the test does not allow for much in-depth understanding or appreciation for what one is learning. However, the approach was good enough to secure my Producer's Lic and then move forward to get my Prop and Cas in January. I have just finished the Series 6/63 training and am giving myself a month to really digest what I have Learned(?). The only hitch is that I need to identify someone who will give me a U4 and sponsor me so I can take the actual exam.

c.) What I have found so far is that most Insurance Companies who would hire me only want me because I have been pro-active and foot the bill for my own Education. Apart from that, very few companies are willing to invest in their candidates. I have been connected with a few companies and each one talks a great line, but when it comes right down to it, all they want are people to sit on the phone all day and they are not all that interested in what the individuals hopes and goals are. My first impulse was to jump at the first opportunity. Don't. Do your homework and find the company that is right for you

tryinmybest in Wapwallopen, Pennsylvania

77 months ago

Trying to pass PA life and health. I took it once and scored 51%. I seem to know this but I am bombing the tests. HELP. I need this job really bad. Could someone email me their study guide - QUICK?
askcanio@hotmail.com

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.