DELTA AIRLINES 2015 ATLANTA F2F INTERVIEWS by Nelly

Page:  « First « Previous   351  352  353  354  355  356  357  Next »   Last »

GodisLove in Nashville, Tennessee

48 months ago

CurrentDLFA in Griffin, Georgia said: Yes, majority of new hires go to ATL, NYC, MSP, BOS
Not true that new hires do not go to LAX. It is possible if their language is needed there.

Hello I have a question. I applied to the non-bilingual position however I am bilingual in Arabic. There was no posting for the arabic speaking positions though so I applied to the non-bilingual. How do I contact Delta to add this to my application?

cjs0465 in lexington, Kentucky

48 months ago

GodisLove in Nashville, Tennessee said: Me too!! Why is it taking that long for our applications and going faster for other candidates?!

There seems to be no rhyme or reason to the order in which applicants are being contacted. Hopefully we'll be notified soon....stay positive :)

Springy in Michigan

48 months ago

Bklyn23 in Bronx, New York said: I just received my next steps. How long until I receive the email with dates?

If they have already called you, they should email you within the next few days.

Bklyn23 in Bronx, New York

48 months ago

Perfect thank you. Do you think I will be able to get a date next week? I'm leaving for 4 weeks on 9/15.

Springy in Minneapolis, Minnesota

48 months ago

Bklyn23 in Bronx, New York said: Perfect thank you. Do you think I will be able to get a date next week? I'm leaving for 4 weeks on 9/15.

Most likely not seeing as the earliest date they had for me was the 17the unfortunately :(
But they will give you a email to write to if you aren't available for those dates so maybe they will make a exception .

jgjh

48 months ago

boyygeorge in Florida said: I honestly don't even know what to think anymore lol. I was thinking that maybe it's because I haven't completed the 2nd assessment? But then why was I sent an email to complete the video interview? It just doesn't make sense. Whenever I check the app on my phone, there's a message saying that I need to complete an assessment. But when I get on my laptop, nothing is there! Do you think I should email Delta about it? I'm making myself sick by obsessing over this. I should be focusing on school!!

Dont stress about it.... You should definitely contact them especially that the process only took 2 weeks for me. Maybe there is a mistake on their behalf. And definitely do not lose focus on your school!! don't put this in front of your studies.... School is going to pay off in the long run once you have your dream career.

Tailwinds

48 months ago

The city codes is not as bad as I thought. Out of about 180 cities I'm down to 50 more cities to memorize considering I've been at this for 3 days with maybe 1-2 hours studying. Errghhhh. I keep forgetting ECP. Lol.

CurrentDLFA in Griffin, Georgia

48 months ago

Tailwinds said: I received a conditional offer if I pass training. Is that the same as getting hired? Realistically, what do you think is the wait time for a transfer to LAX you think? I heard LAX was awarded The Olympic Games in 2024. Maybe, my transfer will go through by then? Lol.

Once you actually start training, you are considered a Delta employee :) The contingency is making sure background checks come back ok before training starts.
I honestly don't know what the timeline is for an LAX base. Operational needs change constantly!

48 months ago

GodisLove in Nashville, Tennessee said: Hello I have a question. I applied to the non-bilingual position however I am bilingual in Arabic. There was no posting for the arabic speaking positions though so I applied to the non-bilingual. How do I contact Delta to add this to my application?

If you applied for non bilingual and are hired as such, then you will have to test for your language once you are actually on the line. I don't know all of the ins and outs of LOD's but I believe we only have Arabic speakers in ATL for our DXB flights. I think your language test qualifies you for anywhere from 2-10 years as a speaker.

ABCDEFG in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

48 months ago

Your credibility is on the line. You posted
that DL does not provide any meals but
in another thread it says that breakfast
Is provided. Which is it?

48 months ago

Tailwinds said: How much money should I bring for 7 weeks?

How many pieces of luggage can you check-in for training?

Do they give you a generous amount of uniform items that require packing?

How many days after training do they provide to get home to unload belongings before heading to base?

Thank you for answering.

Hopefully you make friends with someone in training that has a car and you can go to Walmart weekly for groceries :) There are numerous places to eat around the training center as well as a cafeteria in the training center. But it will obviously add up quickly.

You will be fitted for uniforms and then they are ordered. In a perfect world you will have them all before graduation. Uniforms can consist of dresses, skirts, shirts, vest, turtleneck, blazers, pants.

When I graduated, we were given two days to find a Crashpad in NYC, return home and start our first trip!

I don't believe there is a limit on how much personal belongings you can bring to training. You will have a roommate, so I guess that can be negotiated :)

48 months ago

ABCDEFG in Fort Lauderdale, Florida said: Your credibility is on the line. You posted
that DL does not provide any meals but
in another thread it says that breakfast
Is provided. Which is it?

Well since I am a Delta Flght Attendant and have been thru training and the other person is not an employee and based their comment on what they heard... Who ya gonna believe?

48 months ago

If I'm not mistaken, you said you
Went thru training in 2008. You
Know this is an ever changing
Industry. What is current policy
With regards to meals during
Training?

48 months ago

ABCDEFG in Fort Lauderdale, Florida said: If I'm not mistaken, you said you
Training?

True, let me ask my daughter who is currently in training and I will get right back to you. Waaaaaayyyyyy back in 2008, there were no meals provided.

48 months ago

ABCDEFG in Fort Lauderdale, Florida said: If I'm not mistaken, you said you
Training?

Since my credibility was on the line, I went right to the source and lo and behold, policies have not changed in the 7 1/2 years since I went thru training. Meals are NOT provided to trainees while in training.

bayleighb in New Iberia, Louisiana

48 months ago

I applied on 8/20 did video interview on 8/25 now I'm still playing the waiting game. I hope to get the next steps call.

48 months ago

Thank you for verifying!!!

Jetsetjack in Anchorage, Alaska

48 months ago

Springy in Johnson City, Tennessee said: Hello all, I've been lurking over this forum during my interview process so far! It really has been helpful and helped me relax and thanks to this I've been invited for a f2f interview. I'm kinda nervous about going seeing as I've only been to Atlanta in between flights and don't really know anyone there. My interview is the 21st of Sept, but they are flying me out the day before. I was just wondering if any of you had any tips/advice for me or get together if we both have the a interview that day. :P
Just in case anyone was curious, here is my timeline:

Date applied: 8/21
Digital Interview: 8/25
Video Completed: 8/27
Next Steps: 9/1
Interview Date: 9/21

You're going to do great. Just stay calm and make sure you smile the whole time.
Ive interviewed so mamy times, its still nerve racking. Make sure you go over some questions and have good responses . Best of luck!

Layla French in Washington, District of Columbia

48 months ago

Do I need a passport card , book or both?

Tailwinds

48 months ago

CurrentDLFA in Griffin, Georgia said: Once you actually start training, you are considered a Delta employee :) The contingency is making sure background checks come back ok before training starts.
I honestly don't know what the timeline is for an LAX base. Operational needs change constantly!

Oh yeah! Now that you mention it, I did remember the DLFA saying that at Destination Delta. He did say, that once you're in training, you are considered an employee. That would mean they really want you to pass these exams and not flunk them. We were told that in the second week of training, they will assign bases by age. Once we get assigned a base, are we allowed to put in for a transfer or do we have to wait after probation? I heard we can put in a transfer and finish our probation at the next base? Is this true? I appreciate your response to the LAX timeframe. Thanks again!

48 months ago

Tailwinds said: Oh yeah! Now that you mention it, I did remember the DLFA saying that at Destination Delta. He did say, that once you're in training, you are considered an employee. That would mean they really want you to pass these exams and not flunk them. We were told that in the second week of training, they will assign bases by age. Once we get assigned a base, are we allowed to put in for a transfer or do we have to wait after probation? I heard we can put in a transfer and finish our probation at the next base? Is this true? I appreciate your response to the LAX timeframe. Thanks again!

Seriously, assigned bases by age??? That screams discrimination. Can you clarify that?
You must maintain a 90% average throughout training, I have in fact seen someone let go for having an 89%.
You can put in a base transfer ASAP.

Former FA in Bristol, United Kingdom

48 months ago

CurrentDLFA in Griffin, Georgia said: Seriously, assigned bases by age??? That screams discrimination. Can you clarify that?
You must maintain a 90% average throughout training, I have in fact seen someone let go for having an 89%.

LOL I think what Tailwinds is referring to is the fact that in training, seniority is based on age. Therefore, the older the FA, the better chance he or she has of getting their first choice of base.

Aspiring in Manhattan

48 months ago

GodisLove in Nashville, Tennessee said: Hello I have a question. I applied to the non-bilingual position however I am bilingual in Arabic. There was no posting for the arabic speaking positions though so I applied to the non-bilingual. How do I contact Delta to add this to my application?

If you haven't already completed the employment/address history part of your application (aka the super thorough application), there is a section on there where you can list what other languages you are fluent in. Hope that helps!

Aspiring in Manhattan

48 months ago

CurrentDLFA in Griffin, Georgia said: Seriously, assigned bases by age??? That screams discrimination. Can you clarify that?

I don't think it's age discrimination, I think it's just an easier way to assign bases. From my understanding, on the first or second day, they ask you for a list of bases ordered by your preference, then assign them based on age. I assume to speed up/less complicate the process. I'm guessing that if you are LOD, they are more likely to put you in a base that has flights that line up with the language that you speak.

Currentdlfa in Griffin, Georgia

48 months ago

Aspiring in Manhattan said: I don't think it's age discrimination, I think it's just an easier way to assign bases. From my understanding, on the first or second day, they ask you for a list of bases ordered by your preference, then assign them based on age. I assume to speed up/less complicate the process. I'm guessing that if you are LOD, they are more likely to put you in a base that has flights that line up with the language that you speak.

So my question to you is, what are you basing your understanding on? Are you a Delta FA? Have you been thru the Delta Training?
Delta does NOT assign you a base, based on your age!!! They assign you a base based on the operational needs. PERIOD.
If you are hired and go thru training as an LOD, then you will most likely be based where your language is needed.

Buzzard in Los Angeles, California

48 months ago

Currentdlfa in Griffin, Georgia said: So my question to you is, what are you basing your understanding on? Are you a Delta FA? Have you been thru the Delta Training?
Delta does NOT assign you a base, based on your age!!! They assign you a base based on the operational needs. PERIOD.
If you are hired and go thru training as an LOD, then you will most likely be based where your language is needed.

Good grief you're wound tighter than a spring.
This has nothing to do with how the bodies need to be distributed.
It's about how to offer and honor a choice IF you have one.
If a work group at any airline uses seniority to establish order of choice they need a tie breaker.
This is simply semantics on this board, they think about seniority only within their class not as a company wide issue.
IF the airline uses DOH (Date of Hire) as a persons seniority then all the "new" hires in a class have the same seniority so using age or some other arbitrary number to break the tie is all it means.
They don't often realize that other employees in other work groups who have the same DOH also have the same seniority and the tie breaker also applies to them and THEN continues to apply through out their entire career where it needs to be applied.
So my question to you is, why don't you take a breath and give them a chance, they have no clue what their talking about for the most part. Help them or buzz off.

retireddeltafa in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida

48 months ago

Simply put.... Seniority within your class (hire date) is based on age (oldest is most senior, but I believe they are still behind company transfers), Base assignments go in seniority order (providing your choice of base is available). So...

If the most senior person in the class puts 1) HNL 2) LAX 3) ATL as their 1st, 2nd and 3rd choices, and the next most senior person's choices are
1) NYC 2) ATL 3) DTW...AND IF for eg. LAX and HNL aren't accepting new people in those bases, and ATL and NYC are...then..

#1 Senior person will be assigned their 3rd choice and next in seniority will be assigned their #1 choice.

CurrentDLFA

48 months ago

retireddeltafa in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida said: Simply put.... Seniority within your class (hire date) is based on age (oldest is most senior, but I believe they are still behind company transfers), Base assignments go in seniority order (providing your choice of base is available). So...

If the most senior person in the class puts 1) HNL 2) LAX 3) ATL as their 1st, 2nd and 3rd choices, and the next most senior person's choices are
1) NYC 2) ATL 3) DTW...AND IF for eg. LAX and HNL aren't accepting new people in those bases, and ATL and NYC are...then..

#1 Senior person will be assigned their 3rd choice and next in seniority will be assigned their #1 choice.

I guess I do need to unwind a bit :) I just get so frustrated with people posting things based on what they think they know from what they heard thru the grapevine!

CurrentDLFA

48 months ago

retireddeltafa in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida said: Simply put.... Seniority within your class (hire date) is based on age (oldest is most senior, but I believe they are still behind company transfers), Base assignments go in seniority order (providing your choice of base is available). So...

Well you told me!

I guess I do need to unwind a bit :) I just get so frustrated with people posting things based on what they think they know from what they heard thru the grapevine!

Layla French in Washington, District of Columbia

48 months ago

So happy just got a call inviting me to ATL for the interview.

48 months ago

CurrentDLFA said: Well you told me!

You are so sweet to help people and.... being a current FA, you know more about what's going on than I do...so they should listen to what you have to say! I thought I would just simplify what everyone was saying and maybe phrase it in a way that non-airline people could understand.

Taiwinds

48 months ago

CurrentDLFA in Griffin, Georgia said: Delta will give you positive space to return home.

I'm glad to read this comment. It would be nice to drop off things I don't need at home and take care of any pending matters before moving to base. I'm so relieved that its positive space travel.

To clarify seniority, we were told that seniority within our group would be handled by age - oldest to youngest. However, any internal Delta employees would go before externals. i can't be sure if that group would go by age or company seniority.

As for fast foods, I just need to adapt. Wendy's it is. There's that main street 1 block from Delta and I remember seeing Arbys, Subway, McD, and a few other places. I read in my informational packet that we can join the gym for 7 weeks for $38. I was planning on doing that, but I can't imagine having the time to workout with all the materials you need to know for training.

What do you think is the most challenging part of training?

Taiwinds

48 months ago

retireddeltafa in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida said: You are so sweet to help people and.... being a current FA, you know more about what's going on than I do...so they should listen to what you have to say! I thought I would just simplify what everyone was saying and maybe phrase it in a way that non-airline people could understand.

I was reading a post you made regarding the assigning of bases. What you're saying is if the most senior person in my class showed an interest from 1. HNL, 2. LAX, 3. SAN, 4. SLC, 5. PDX

And I showed an interest from 1. ATL. 2. LAX, 3. SAN etc. that I would be awarded ATL before that senior person since they didn't write down ATL?

I assumed the process would be: An announcement about the bases is brought up to the entire class telling us that there's 15 spots for ATL, 20 spots for NYC, 10 Spots for DTW, 15 spots for BOS and then go down seniority order until all those spots are filled. This was the impression I got when they tried to explain the assigning of bases during my interview.

48 months ago

Taiwinds said: I was reading a post you made regarding the assigning of bases. What you're saying is if the most senior person in my class showed an interest from 1. HNL, 2. LAX, 3. SAN, 4. SLC, 5. PDX

And I showed an interest from 1. ATL. 2. LAX, 3. SAN etc. that I would be awarded ATL before that senior person since they didn't write down ATL?

I assumed the process would be: An announcement about the bases is brought up to the entire class telling us that there's 15 spots for ATL, 20 spots for NYC, 10 Spots for DTW, 15 spots for BOS and then go down seniority order until all those spots are filled. This was the impression I got when they tried to explain the assigning of bases during my interview.

OK...so much for me being clear...LOL. Everyone in training needs to put their base choices in order of preference. I only used 3 choices as an example...but you would list them all (because you never know what may open up at the last minute!). Then it goes in seniority order. I don't believe they tell you how many people they need in each base before you bid for your bases. Again, it's based on operational need. Current FA will know this for sure, but I believe that they just had bases like LAX open up and many junior FA's (1-1 1/2 yrs) got their transfers. But like Current FA said, you never know when a base will open up...some bases are hard to get a transfer to...so you will just have to adapt...and commute home on your days off.

48 months ago

CurrentDLFA said: Well you told me!

retireddeltafa is right, it is nice (sweet) of you to come on here and try to help people.
Not many current FA's will even do that.
I know what you mean about the frustration though, my tongue gets sore from having to bite it so often.
At any rate, just having your input is good for the newbee's and the wannabee's.

Tailwinds

48 months ago

@ ASPIRING in Mahattan
@ Currentdlfa in Griffin, Georgia

I read through the thread, there's miscommunication. I see where things got misunderstood. Let me settle this. Lol. I didn't mean to say Delta will just assign someone a base based on age. Perhaps, I needed to add more details to provide a better understanding.

To simplify: They assign seniority based on age. Delta employees come before externals From here, the most senior gets to choose, based on operational needs. Is this better? Sorry for the misinterpretation.

Tailwinds

48 months ago

retireddeltafa in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida said: OK...so much for me being clear...LOL. Everyone in training needs to put their base choices in order of preference. I only used 3 choices as an example...but you would list them all (because you never know what may open up at the last minute!). Then it goes in seniority order. I don't believe they tell you how many people they need in each base before you bid for your bases. Again, it's based on operational need. Current FA will know this for sure, but I believe that they just had bases like LAX open up and many junior FA's (1-1 1/2 yrs) got their transfers. But like Current FA said, you never know when a base will open up...some bases are hard to get a transfer to...so you will just have to adapt...and commute home on your days off.

I understood crystal clearly. This helps me understand the process better. Thank you for your time and your patience.

48 months ago

Tailwinds said: @ ASPIRING in Mahattan
@ Currentdlfa in Griffin, Georgia

I read through the thread, there's miscommunication. I see where things got misunderstood. Let me settle this. Lol. I didn't mean to say Delta will just assign someone a base based on age. Perhaps, I needed to add more details to provide a better understanding.

To simplify: They assign seniority based on age. Delta employees come before externals From here, the most senior gets to choose, based on operational needs. Is this better? Sorry for the misinterpretation.

Again semantics; (to be clear)
Your seniority is your DOH (Date of hire)
Your age is the tie breaker.

Tailwinds

48 months ago

Buzzard in Los Angeles, California said: Again semantics; (to be clear)
Your seniority is your DOH (Date of hire)
Your age is the tie breaker.

I understand clearly. Thank you!

48 months ago

Let me try this:
Lets assume your travel benefits are such that you board by seniority (DOH).
4 years from now you are standing by for a flight.
There is you and a pilot and a mechanic who all hired out on the same day.
That means the company must have a company wide definition of a "tie breaker".
Evidently Delta uses age.
So even at this point years later and in association with job groups even outside your own the idea of the tie breaker comes in to play.

48 months ago

Buzzard in Los Angeles, California said: Let me try this:
Lets assume your travel benefits are such that you board by seniority (DOH).
4 years from now you are standing by for a flight.
There is you and a pilot and a mechanic who all hired out on the same day.
That means the company must have a company wide definition of a "tie breaker".
Evidently Delta uses age.
So even at this point years later and in association with job groups even outside your own the idea of the tie breaker comes in to play.

I don't think they use age for pass riding if everyone has the same hire date....not sure what they do...I've never had it happen to me in my 30+ years!

Tailwinds

48 months ago

retireddeltafa in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida said: I don't think they use age for pass riding if everyone has the same hire date....not sure what they do...I've never had it happen to me in my 30+ years!

"Age" is the form of which seniority is established when you have for example 50 people hired at the same date of hire. Once the company establishes the seniority order of these 50 people (once again, aired on the same date), should all these 50 people, for example, stand-by for the same flight where they may be only 10 open seats, the system knows which 10 people are entitled to those seats. Delta had already established the order.

48 months ago

Tailwinds said: "Age" is the form of which seniority is established when you have for example 50 people hired at the same date of hire. Once the company establishes the seniority order of these 50 people (once again, aired on the same date), should all these 50 people, for example, stand-by for the same flight where they may be only 10 open seats, the system knows which 10 people are entitled to those seats. Delta had already established the order.

Thanks! How do you know this? Are you a company transfer?

48 months ago

retireddeltafa in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida said: I don't think they use age for pass riding if everyone has the same hire date....not sure what they do...I've never had it happen to me in my 30+ years!

Well that's interesting.
I haven't had it happen very often but it has happened to me.
One airline I worked for that boarded by seniority had "time of check in" as the tie breaker.

48 months ago

Buzzard in Los Angeles, California said: Well that's interesting.
I haven't had it happen very often but it has happened to me.
One airline I worked for that boarded by seniority had "time of check in" as the tie breaker.

That's what I would assume would be the tie breaker...or...it could be alphabetical order..or it could be whomever brings chocolates for the agent :)

48 months ago

retireddeltafa in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida said: That's what I would assume would be the tie breaker...or...it could be alphabetical order..or it could be whomever brings chocolates for the agent :)

Oh geez now that I read this I don't want to mislead.
Time of check in would of course not work as a tie breaker in your skill (only for boarding).
Future FA's should realize that once your specific tie breaker has been applied a "skill specific" seniority list will be published and is usually republished once a year.
Each FA (and others) have usually like 30 days or so to review where you end up on the seniority list and appeal any inconsistency.
Once the 30 (or whatever) days goes by the seniority list stands as published (right or wrong).
But I've never worked for a non union carrier so I could be way off base.

48 months ago

retireddeltafa in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida said: That's what I would assume would be the tie breaker...or...it could be alphabetical order..or it could be whomever brings chocolates for the agent :)

I'm gonna go with chocolates :)
Who doesn't love goodies!!!

48 months ago

Buzzard in Los Angeles, California said: Oh geez now that I read this I don't want to mislead.
Time of check in would of course not work as a tie breaker in your skill (only for boarding).
Future FA's should realize that once your specific tie breaker has been applied a "skill specific" seniority list will be published and is usually republished once a year.
Each FA (and others) have usually like 30 days or so to review where you end up on the seniority list and appeal any inconsistency.
Once the 30 (or whatever) days goes by the seniority list stands as published (right or wrong).
But I've never worked for a non union carrier so I could be way off base.

Can I ask if you are a Delta employee? Current or company transfer? Have you been to the F2F and given a CJO?

48 months ago

Currentdlfa in Griffin, Georgia said: Can I ask if you are a Delta employee? Current or company transfer? Have you been to the F2F and given a CJO?

You certainly may.
I am not a delta employee.
I haven't been to a f2f in about 25 years.
I have worked in the airlines now for 49 years and 5 mos.
I swear I will retire again next March.
Most of those years I have spent as a pilot for several "major" carriers.
I have taught a few classes in some FA training programs over the years, which was always an enjoyable experience.
Classes like Aviation Terminology, sometimes a class like "What makes an airplane fly" that kind of stuff.

48 months ago

Buzzard in Los Angeles, California said: Good grief you're wound tighter than a spring.
This has nothing to do with how the bodies need to be distributed.
It's about how to offer and honor a choice IF you have one.
If a work group at any airline uses seniority to establish order of choice they need a tie breaker.
This is simply semantics on this board, they think about seniority only within their class not as a company wide issue.
IF the airline uses DOH (Date of Hire) as a persons seniority then all the "new" hires in a class have the same seniority so using age or some other arbitrary number to break the tie is all it means.
They don't often realize that other employees in other work groups who have the same DOH also have the same seniority and the tie breaker also applies to them and THEN continues to apply through out their entire career where it needs to be applied.
So my question to you is, why don't you take a breath and give them a chance, they have no clue what their talking about for the most part. Help them or buzz off.

Are you a current Delta employee? If not have, have you been to the F2F? Offered a COJ?

Page:  « First « Previous   351  352  353  354  355  356  357  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.