North American Airlines

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next »   Last »

alenyc in New York, New York

124 months ago

Just received a letter today from NAA, I am sure this is to tell me I did not get the job, it's all good, things happen for a reason, and I am sure something better will comng along. For those of you considering Delta I wish you the best, it's a reat company to work for, there is no reserve, which is wonderful, and the fly benefits are probably the best in the industry, if you have foreign language skills its a huge plus for which you will receive extra compensation.

flyinggirl in New York, New York

124 months ago

NAA is a joke. I am sure that I did not get hired bacause of my legal background. I would be the first to realize that their practices are illegal. And that Rafael character, can we say that guy certainly has small man issues? 'Yah, vhat is ur plan B?' Vhat is Yer PLAN B!!!!' I always wanted to be a middle manager.
My engagement ring is worth more than a middle manager makes at NAA. I guess I should have known better when I showed up at the open house and the 'senior flight attentant looked more like a woman stuck in the early ninties with her nasty kinky hair pulled back in a scruntchy! Ha!!

Hahaha

124 months ago

Sad but true. NAA is a joke. Raphy is Maria and Lana's little pet. And if you thought the scrunchy was bad, you should have seen the actual uniform... that is totally stuck in the 80's, with big gold buttons and stiff shoulder pads. Hahaha. Anyway, yeah, when they saw you had legal background they probably dismissed you because they were afraid you'd catch all of their illegal practices. They are corrupt!!!

124 months ago

This is no joke. I felt like I was under the some spell like a stepford wife during that interview process. Oh yes, I can absolutely get to JFK in under one hour in heavy rain while all the trains are late and the traffic is backed up for 10 miles. I have a plan B and C and D just for you NAA. Airline that gives me nothing but trips to the middle of nowhere Germany. I might as well be flying to Iowa. That so called 'summer' outfit for the FA, give me a freakin' break. I think the uniforms at McDonalds are more flattering. That FA could not even pretend like she was happy to be representiing NAA. Her with her nasty hair and awful uniform. She did not look the least bit happy to be there. Her only question to my friend on her interview was 'You've never been arrested, right?'
I am convinced that they knew who they were going to pick prior to us even standing up and giving our stupid introductions. I think they were just going through the resumes and that was it.

I got the Job and Im a Genius in Secaucus, New Jersey

124 months ago

Again, All these comments are great...if you didnt get hired!! I understand getting hired is a cut throat process people and so should you. There is a reason we go through the interview process and they narrow down their searches..Not everyone you know is a flight attendant and there is a reason for that, its a tough job to get!!! If you didnt get it, dont come venting here with your negative airs of bitterness. Instead reflect upon what you did wrong or could have done better, and apply that to another company to work for, i.e. Delta. I got hired by Delta and NAA, and I took NAA why? because I truly believe in the smaller company where im not Flight Attendant #2845, instead Im a person for better or worse who they will remember.

Another thing, and Ill leave it at this. If you have a criminal record I wouldnt hire you to flip burgers at McDonald's even if their uniform is better looking than the FA uniform at NAA. Again, CONGRATULATIONS to all of us who got the job, I cant wait to see all of you this tuesday for our 'hideous' uniform fitting. And training this week, REMEMBER THOSE AIRPORT CODES PEOPLE!! HAHA..

That is all..

124 months ago

Oh PLEASE! Do you really think this is some bitter act because I didn't get hired! You have got to be kidding me! Nothing against the ones who did get hired at all. I have just never experienced a place where they not only lie but they skirt around any serious questions of what they are doing and where they are going. Come on people. Any actual intellectual question that was asked was never honestly answered. It was so bizarre! I have seen people in law skirt around questions for quite a while but they do it in such an intellectual manner that you feel like your question was addressed. These ass clowns could not even hide the fact that there is no such thing as sj agreements with other airlines. Never has been and never will be. This whole union thing is kind of shady as well. This isn't cut throat like I thought it would be. It's about being as numb and dumb as the airline you want to get hired for and working for nothing in the end.

124 months ago

DeltaFA,
Thanks for the compliment. I am a sass bucket of truth. I will be an excellent flight attendant for a few reasons. My first reason is that I love the travel and I love the people contrary to my comments about NAA. I have also done the 9 -5 corporate shuffle and am dying to break out. I also do not need the money. I've made great money at the expense of locking myself in an office that felt more like a prison. I am ready to break out and just experience a new life. That being said I am FINISHED with working for Asshats. My experience with NAA was SCARY to say the least. I just got this sick feeling that they treat their FA's like dirt and my gut feeling was that they were not being upfront about the conditions of employment. That being said all the candidates that I met for hiring were great people. People that I would want to be friends with. So nothing against them.

Jamie in Kissimmee, Florida

124 months ago

flyinggirl in New York, New York said: DeltaFA,
Thanks for the compliment. I am a sass bucket of truth. I will be an excellent flight attendant for a few reasons. My first reason is that I love the travel and I love the people contrary to my comments about NAA. I have also done the 9 -5 corporate shuffle and am dying to break out. I also do not need the money. I've made great money at the expense of locking myself in an office that felt more like a prison. I am ready to break out and just experience a new life. That being said I am FINISHED with working for Asshats. My experience with NAA was SCARY to say the least. I just got this sick feeling that they treat their FA's like dirt and my gut feeling was that they were not being upfront about the conditions of employment. That being said all the candidates that I met for hiring were great people. People that I would want to be friends with. So nothing against them.

If you really want to become a flight attendant you need to have a better reason than you love people and you love to travel!ha You will end up wanting to stay home because the people you claim to love will get on your last nerve. It's not what you think it will be. Please try to come up with a better and more orignal reason to fly.

124 months ago

What is your reason Jamie? You love to serve people a glass of soda? I mean honestly! I want the chance to be away from home 20 days a month when I already live in NYC? You tell me what a 'good' reason to fly is.

124 months ago

Can my reason just simply be that I am want a change of pace? I've made more money than a FA can ever make. I want to go to work excited about my day and what is to come. I have a husband who is as much support as any girl could hope for. We are young and without children. Our only pet is a cat and the less we are around to bother her the better.

Blue Angel in Emerson, New Jersey

124 months ago

I got the Job and Im a Genius in Secaucus, New Jersey said: Again, All these comments are great...if you didnt get hired!! I understand getting hired is a cut throat process people and so should you. There is a reason we go through the interview process and they narrow down their searches..Not everyone you know is a flight attendant and there is a reason for that, its a tough job to get!!! If you didnt get it, dont come venting here with your negative airs of bitterness. Instead reflect upon what you did wrong or could have done better, and apply that to another company to work for, i.e. Delta. I got hired by Delta and NAA, and I took NAA why? because I truly believe in the smaller company where im not Flight Attendant #2845, instead Im a person for better or worse who they will remember.

Another thing, and Ill leave it at this. If you have a criminal record I wouldnt hire you to flip burgers at McDonald's even if their uniform is better looking than the FA uniform at NAA. Again, CONGRATULATIONS to all of us who got the job, I cant wait to see all of you this tuesday for our 'hideous' uniform fitting. And training this week, REMEMBER THOSE AIRPORT CODES PEOPLE!! HAHA..

That is all..

HI I would love to chat with you some more on my private email address. I also got hired and regardless of what's been said in this forum I am going in with a positive attitude. My email is wicklecrafts@yahoo.com if you're interested in chatting some more. I am very excited about this job!

Hahaha

124 months ago

Okay, I worked for NAA for 4 years and just left 2 months ago to work for Delta. Don't get me wrong, as much as the flying to the middle of Germany and Qatar and Djibouti could be tedious, and it is after the 17th time, there will be some good moments. The job is what it is... you fly for hours a day, you eat crappy food, you have short layovers (when if you're lucky breakfast is included) however, there are many negatives. As there are with any job and company. Just take it from someone who was there. At first it's very exciting. But it wears off. The company just cares about making money, You will work very long and even illegal duty days. There is NO union yet. And there are no flight benefits. You will have 15 days off a month, only if they don't extend you while you are on reserve to work during your off days. If you just want a job and could care less about the way your company treats you, NAA could possibly be the place for you. Just get through the brainwashing of training, pass your tests and your IOE, put on the blue polyester monkey suit and get on the line. And ask around. Ask the more "senior" (which only means that you've been in the company for over a year) f/a's how the company has treated them and come up with your own opinion. I chose to leave for personal reasons. NAA has given me the opportunity to realize that this is the carreer i want, just not at NAA. Make the choice for yourself. And for those of you that didn't make the cut, there are MANY other airlines hiring. Don't give up!!!

Out of the Blue in Lindenhurst, New York

124 months ago

I knew NAA was NOT the place for me after the open house. For me, there was no point in working for an airline that does not have any travel benefits for me and my family. Let's face it - the pay rate for flight attendants isn't exactly generous, but if you have flight benefits and interline discounts, it definitely helps offset the industry's pay imbalance (example: you can't support a family of 5 on Long Island if you work as a new-hire flight attendant, and you can't fly with 3 kids at home without someone else there to help pay the bills and man the fort).

However, if having travel benefits isn't important to a person, NAA could be a great way for someone to see the world. Not just the U.S., THE WORLD!! The fact that NAA is only flying charters now means that you could be going anywhere in the world at a moment's notice. That would be IDEAL for some people - especially those who are just starting out in the industry, or who have no young children, mortgages, spouses, etc. (just a few examples), - they could have a blast working for NAA. NAA would be a surrogate family for many. However, this is not to imply that they have "no life".

When I flew for a major carrier 20 years ago I worked every kind of trip you could imagine - I was determined to see the world and it didn't matter when I got back, what time I got home, or how long my trips lasted. I didn't use my travel benefits that much because I didn't commute, and I was so busy working trips around the world that I was content to hang out in NYC on my days off and recharge my batteries! Flying was my life (not anymore).

You just have to go in knowing that you ABSOLUTELY have to follow THEIR rules whether you think they are fair or not. NAA is non-union right now which means you are an "at-will" employee. You can be terminated at any time without cause.

As long as you go in knowing the pros and cons, NAA could be a good fit for a lot of people.

chris in Port-of-spain, Trinidad and Tobago

123 months ago

hey i flyin in north american they kool...when we had to go for our trainin in miami...they used to lease with travelspan ..thats the airline we are workin as flight attendant

Ross in New Bedford, Massachusetts

123 months ago

I am not trying to be all negative here, but i worked for NAA and currently work for a major airline and can tell you it's a world of a difference. If you have any questions, just ask!!!

To chime in on this reply, I also worked for NAA. I know that some people have posted that there are always a few that complain in all forums. Trust me at NAA you will fly to great places. However, you will pay a cost. I bent over backwards for this company was always willing and able to fly for them no matter what the time was or the type of trip. I was there for 5 years, worked in getting the B767 certified with the FAA. I will never forget the great times I had over there and the employees are some of the greatest people I have ever met. However, after the union was voted in by a very narrow margin, we approached the company to find out what was going on. The company said that our jobs were safe. Not even two weeks after this I got a call in the middle of a trip after we were told that there was NOT going to be anyone let go, and was told that everyone at the base would either have to quit or move to New York. We were given less than 10 days to uproot our families and move to New York. In fact, I never received a thank you for what I did for this company. On our way out, they brought us to dinner and didn't have the respect to stay through the dinner and had to leave early to catch a flight. On top of this they gave us a model airplane of an aircraft they didn't even fly anymore(they hadn't flown the 737 since 2001). That was the thanks we got. Regardless if the union is in or not, there is no contract and management, who I thought were great people, really treated me like crap at the end. I will have to say this. If you are looking for a career in aviation, go to a major. That's what my girlfriend did and although the trips are different, the respect is there. As for me I looked towards the FAA and will never look back!

anonymous in Saddle Brook, New Jersey

121 months ago

Hello everyone,

With all this negativity, so I guess it is not worth it to go to they interview tomorrow or next week.

NAA FA in Secaucus, New Jersey

121 months ago

anonymous in Saddle Brook, New Jersey said: Hello everyone,

With all this negativity, so I guess it is not worth it to go to they interview tomorrow or next week.

Hey..you make the decision for yourself, go to the interview, I currently work for them, and I love every minute of it! so dont listen to others, go for yourself and make your own decision and try your best.

RMC in New Bedford, Massachusetts

121 months ago

anonymous in Saddle Brook, New Jersey said: Hello everyone,

I think you should go to the interview. It is not a place that you can make a career out of. However, they fly to some great places, and the worker bees there are great. The only problem was, and I presume still is, upper management. They say they care about you, but actions certainly speak louder than words. I worked there for 5 years. It was great, and I did everything ever asked of me and was treated like dirt in the end. If you are interested in a few years of absolute pleasure seeing the world, and making money is not a factor, then I would suggest you go to the interview. If you do the math, you are guaranteed to make about $1400/month before taxes. I know that it took me 2 years before I broke the $30,000 range and did make upwards of $50,000 in my last year there. However, that is working upwards of 130-160 block hours per month. One last thing, NAA has a lot of ups and downs in there schedule. Therefore, when the hours are available work them, because there are usually 3 months or so where there just isn't enough block hours to go around. Good luck!

Hiccup in Southfield, Michigan

121 months ago

I want to interview with NAA and I don't currently live in the NY area.(Midwset) Is there anyone looking for a roommate that is with NAA so the cost of living is manageable. I was with ATA and now trying to break back into aviation and work all the trips I loved so much.Anyone have any info, I am all ears!

Thanks~

Airborinquen in Lancaster, Pennsylvania

121 months ago

Hello Hiccup,

And to all of you who were from other defunt carriers, my best wishes. I have had the pleasure of meeting a few of you in some of the interview sessions I have attended. I just want to warn you about something about NA. I know there were some flight attendants that were "promised" to be hired while at the interview. They made arrangements for crash pads/relocating only to not get hired. Unless you are in training I would suggest not making any plans. I am sorry for being nosy I just dont want anyone to be stood up by empty promises from an interview.

Best wishes!!!!!

121 months ago

NAA FA in Secaucus, New Jersey said: Hey..you make the decision for yourself, go to the interview, I currently work for them, and I love every minute of it! so dont listen to others, go for yourself and make your own decision and try your best.

Hi,

And thank you for answering, I live in Belleville NJ, I just moved here about a couple of months ago from Saddle Brook, they say you are suppose to live one hour away from JFK, your in Secaucus and I am in Belleville you are 10 minutes away from me. How long does it take you to get to JFK from where you live? Where have you traveled to so far? Are you fluent in another language?

I was hired by Colgan air, and I went to the training last month, the 1st day of orientation I decided to leave, and I knew the whole test, but they said you cannot hold another job, and there would be no way I could live on a 115.00 a week, after the union dues, uniform and taxes, that was ok, but I need to work another job, while I am not flying.

Can that be done with NAA? I studied all the city codes, the definitions and terminology, but the 24 hour clock, but I knew about that because I attended school in Europe, and the boarding announcements are just stuck in my head. Along sterile cockpit procedures.

And I am really bummed out about it because I have a passion for flying.

121 months ago

Does any body know how much reserve time there is per month with NAA?

MLR in Southfield, Michigan

121 months ago

Airborinquen in Lancaster, Pennsylvania said: Hello Hiccup,

And to all of you who were from other defunt carriers, my best wishes. I have had the pleasure of meeting a few of you in some of the interview sessions I have attended. I just want to warn you about something about NA. I know there were some flight attendants that were "promised" to be hired while at the interview. They made arrangements for crash pads/relocating only to not get hired. Unless you are in training I would suggest not making any plans. I am sorry for being nosy I just dont want anyone to be stood up by empty promises from an interview.

Best wishes!!!!!

Thank you for your input and advice. Things are bad where I live and I have to try and get a job anyway I can. I'll hold off on a crash pad until I secure the job and pass the training. I was reading about the guy who flew all the time and was making money by year 2 with NAA. If that is true, I want in, and I will suffer it for the first few years.

NAA FA in Bingen, Germany

121 months ago

anonymous in Saddle Brook, New Jersey said: Hi,

And thank you for answering, I live in Belleville NJ, I just moved here about a couple of months ago from Saddle Brook, they say you are suppose to live one hour away from JFK, your in Secaucus and I am in Belleville you are 10 minutes away from me. How long does it take you to get to JFK from where you live? Where have you traveled to so far? Are you fluent in another language?

I was hired by Colgan air, and I went to the training last month, the 1st day of orientation I decided to leave, and I knew the whole test, but they said you cannot hold another job, and there would be no way I could live on a 115.00 a week, after the union dues, uniform and taxes, that was ok, but I need to work another job, while I am not flying. Right now im in Germany and id love to chat, so drop me an email, chiribogag@gmail.com the sooner the better, open house is starting soon i heard. best of luck

Can that be done with NAA? I studied all the city codes, the definitions and terminology, but the 24 hour clock, but I knew about that because I attended school in Europe, and the boarding announcements are just stuck in my head. Along sterile cockpit procedures.

hey those are all good questions and what i can say is i have been to ALOT of countries lol, leave it at that..Germany, Bahrain, Czech Replubic, Portugal, Jamaica, just to name a few. Getting to NYC from where we live is a joke, either by train or car, you are within one hour, but thats also something tricky people dont understand. id love to chat, drop me an email chiribogag@gmail.com, best of luck

Airborinquen in Lancaster, Pennsylvania

121 months ago

If it is something you really want GO FOR IT!! I wish you the best. I really get upset with people who tell you what to do or not to do. You are an adult and should know what is best for you! I hope that if you do get hired you are happy and successful. My advice is just a heads up in case any one else might be in the same situation.

Betsy in Stockton, California

121 months ago

Does anyone know ANYTIHNG about North American Airlines and their work rules, pay, days off, jumpseating privileges (on other airlines), etc. Do they do home basing like World Airways? I need some factual information, if anyone has it?

121 months ago

NAA does not have a home-basing system like World Airways. Their rule is that you need to be within 1 hour of the airport on your reserve days. Their minimum pay is 67 block hours per month. You start off at 18.12/hr and should get your raise to 19.47/hour after 6 months. After that point it is a little less than $1.00/year raise capped at the 11th year. However, there was a pay cap that NAA instituted that no one was getting any raises. I don't believe this is still ongoing, but something to look at. You pay 20% of the total insurance premium, NAA pays 80%. There is a 401k program. For scheduling, their schedule can be very brutal. They do have long duty days, but you do have the benefit of longer layovers as well(few and far between). They are notorious for extending you on trips. In other words, a 7 day trip turns into 10 days. The other thing that they were notorious for doing was jr. assigning you if you picked up your phone on your day off(this is something they may have toned down a bit). You get 50% pay for deadheading on other carriers and full pay for ferrying on your own carrier as long as you are working the doors. Jumpseating: NAA no longer offers anything to other companies due to the nature of their business. They are telling people that they don't have benefits on other carriers, but you can usually go to the carrier yourself and try to get on. I know JetBlue is now starting to charge and would not be surprised if they cancel NAA's benefits. Anything you need to know, let me here it. I hope this helps. Like I have said in earlier statements, I am upset at how the company treats people(just take a look at the turnover they have). However, if you want to fly for a few years and go to great places and work with nice people, this is not bad. Just be advised that their flying is hit or miss. Sometimes you can make 2500/mo, other times 1000. Expect 20,000-25,000 in your first year. The most I made was just under $50,000(5th year)

CentralNJ in Flemington, New Jersey

121 months ago

MLR in Southfield, Michigan said: Thank you for your input and advice. Things are bad where I live and I have to try and get a job anyway I can. I'll hold off on a crash pad until I secure the job and pass the training. I was reading about the guy who flew all the time and was making money by year 2 with NAA. If that is true, I want in, and I will suffer it for the first few years.

I thank you for your advice as well, and yes, this is indeed a difficult time to secure a position in this industry (and anywhere in this metro area in general). My heart goes out to all of you from ATA. I've heard good and bad everywhere, and finding the right fit is key, but re: NAA, this might be a great opportunity for someone like me who has no recent FA experience, to "get your feet wet" and see if it really is the career for you, as it has changed much over the years. To Hiccup from MI, if I go to the open house, am accepted, and go through with training (and make it), I will also be looking for a crash pad. Will let you know - and if yes, will send you an email address at which you can reach me if if you'd like. Good luck to you! Thanks.

FAforEver in Sherbrooke, Quebec

121 months ago

CentralNJ in Flemington, New Jersey said: I thank you for your advice as well, and yes, this is indeed a difficult time to secure a position in this industry (and anywhere in this metro area in general). My heart goes out to all of you from ATA. I've heard good and bad everywhere, and finding the right fit is key, but re: NAA, this might be a great opportunity for someone like me who has no recent FA experience, to "get your feet wet" and see if it really is the career for you, as it has changed much over the years. To Hiccup from MI, if I go to the open house, am accepted, and go through with training (and make it), I will also be looking for a crash pad. Will let you know - and if yes, will send you an email address at which you can reach me if if you'd like. Good luck to you! Thanks.

ALL the Best to you!

Let me know how was the hiring process ...
Do they provide lodging when you are in training?
How many candidates were there?
Etc ...

Looking forward to hear from you!

Ivyleague in Long Island, New York

121 months ago

FAforEver in Sherbrooke, Quebec said: ALL the Best to you!

Etc ...

Hi,

I noticed you posted on Colgan,I think you are better off in this airline.
I resigned from Colgan last week. But which ever you choose I wish you all the best.

CentralNJ in Flemington, New Jersey

121 months ago

FAforEver in Sherbrooke, Quebec said: ALL the Best to you!

Etc ...

Thank you! Will let you know if I make it there - would like to have at least checked it out but unfortunately with 5 or 6 inches of rain coming our roads out here are going to flood/washout/close - might not be able to make it home if I head out with this tropical storm coming our way. Now I know why they want you to live closeby when you're on call (I wouldn't expect anyone to make it anywhere in the city in less than an hour as it is!) but I'm usually asked if I can make it within a few hours, even to Newark. (I know, red flag?) If not, I'll ask if they have another open house coming up - they should if they anticipate a lot of people flying in or driving long distances. As I write this it's still scheduled for 10 AM sharp Sat. with no others added. I know what a lot of you are probably going to say again - red flag!!! But I look at it as at least it doesn't hurt to compare companies, share experiences with other people, and polish your interviewing skills. I'm checking out other open houses in the meantime, & considering alternatives/other markets as well; I really wish there were a priority system in place for hiring the FAs who have lost their jobs or have been furloughed, as exists with our federal and state jobs for veterans, it seems so unfair. Keep in mind the ups and downs of this industry, it's gone through tough times before, you have to stick it out and there will be better days ahead. Sorry for the long response!

Ivyleague in Long Island, New York

120 months ago

Does anyone one if there is going to be other interviews for flight attendants any time soon?
Thank you in advance.

JET-nyc in New York, New York

120 months ago

anonymous in Saddle Brook, New Jersey said: Hi,

I was hired by Colgan air, and I went to the training last month, the 1st day of orientation I decided to leave, and I knew the whole test, but they said you cannot hold another job, and there would be no way I could live on a 115.00 a week, after the union dues, uniform and taxes, that was ok, but I need to work another job, while I am not flying.

Yu need to put this statement in the COLGAN blog so people can read it

Anonymous in Saddle Brook, New Jersey

120 months ago

I have the same question as IvyLeague if NAA will be interviewing again soon?
Thank you in advance.

JET-nyc in Brooklyn, New York

120 months ago

Anonymous in Saddle Brook, New Jersey said: I have the same question as IvyLeague if NAA will be interviewing again soon?
Thank you in advance.

NAA is always holding an open house sme whre...

Anonymous in Saddle Brook, New Jersey

120 months ago

JET-nyc in Brooklyn, New York said: NAA is always holding an open house sme whre...

I checked their site and there are no FA interviews..

Figgy in Greensboro, North Carolina

120 months ago

They are having open houses this month!
careers.flynaa.com/

120 months ago

I attended the last Openhouse, and after all the waiting, received a letter stating that they had reached the number of FA they were looking for, now, just a few weeks down the road, they are holding more openhouses. A company that shamelessly lies to a job seeker cannot be trusted, it shows how horribly they must treat their employees.

JET-nyc in Manhattan

120 months ago

alenyc in New York, New York said: I attended the last Openhouse, and after all the waiting, received a letter stating that they had reached the number of FA they were looking for, now, just a few weeks down the road, they are holding more openhouses. A company that shamelessly lies to a job seeker cannot be trusted, it shows how horribly they must treat their employees.

At least tht yu rcvd a letter, I wud send the letter back with a note
on the bottom stating that yu undrstd that they are in the hiring
process again..

120 months ago

Hi Jet-Nyc
I thought about that, hoping that persistance would pay off, and that they would also see it as an asset, but the fact is, they used the excuse of having already reached the number of FA's as a way of discouraging me from persuing a career with them, and I for one, don't want to be in a place where I am not wanted. Besides, there are other companies out there, to me honesty and professionalism speaks volumes about a prospective employer. Maybe this explains their contant need for hiring.

JET-nyc in Manhattan

120 months ago

alenyc in New York, New York said: Hi Jet-Nyc
I thought about that, hoping that persistance would pay off, and that they would also see it as an asset, but the fact is, they used the excuse of having already reached the number of FA's as a way of discouraging me from persuing a career with them, and I for one, don't want to be in a place where I am not wanted. Besides, there are other companies out there, to me honesty and professionalism speaks volumes about a prospective employer. Maybe this explains their contant need for hiring.

NAA waste a lot of money with all these open houses I jus wundr if
they ever hire anyone.. I may attnd one jus to see, ok..

RMC in Englewood, Colorado

120 months ago

This company constantly hires people. They have been notorious for this and they constantly have a revolving door for the way they treat people. I know I worked there for 5 years and still speak to pilots who are still there(most of my flight attendant colleagues have moved on). In any case, I will tell once again what they did to us at the Boston base they had. We were hearing rumors after the World aquisition that we were going to be shut down as a base. We went to management, who always stresses the "we are a family mentality" and they told us, no need to worry there is no reason for us to shut down the Boston base. Two weeks later we get a call in the middle of our trip stating that we all had 10 days to move and live in NY from the Boston area. They never thanked us for our service and some of us had 10 years of experience(which at NAA is a long time). They even had the gall to say that it was a no brainer of a decision for us to relocate our families(as if they pay a lot of money). On top of this they take us to a farewell dinner, we get the food, they chew and then S**EW immidiately leaving the entire base sitting around the table. They gave us model airplanes for farewell gifts of aircraft they were not flying for 3 years. Thanks a lot. Truthfully, they do great flying but they are run by horrible individuals, who will take every opportunity to treat you like dirt.

JET-nyc in Manhattan

120 months ago

RMC in Englewood, Colorado said: This company constantly hires people. They have been notorious for this and they constantly have a revolving door for the way they treat people. I know I worked there for 5 years and still speak to pilots who are still there(most of my flight attendant colleagues have moved on). In any case, I will tell once again what they did to us at the Boston base they had. We were hearing rumors after the World aquisition that we were going to be shut down as a base. We went to management, who always stresses the "we are a family mentality" and they told us, no need to worry there is no reason for us to shut down the Boston base. Two weeks later we get a call in the middle of our trip stating that we all had 10 days to move and live in NY from the Boston area. They never thanked us for our service and some of us had 10 years of experience(which at NAA is a long time). They even had the gall to say that it was a no brainer of a decision for us to relocate our families(as if they pay a lot of money). On top of this they take us to a farewell dinner, we get the food, they chew and then S**EW immidiately leaving the entire base sitting around the table. They gave us model airplanes for farewell gifts of aircraft they were not flying for 3 years. Thanks a lot. Truthfully, they do great flying but they are run by horrible individuals, who will take every opportunity to treat you like dirt.

WOW! knowing that NYC is a veri expnsve city and places
are hard to find, shame shame...

Meredith in Levittown, New York

120 months ago

Hello. I am planning on attending tomorrow's open house (October 11.) I went to one back in June and was invited to the call-back interview, but passed because I was offered a job that guaranteed more money. I still have that job, but am reconsidering a career as a FA. However, I am having trouble trusting a company that CONSTANTLY needs to hire a new staff. Also, the 67 hours a month guarantee is frightening to me, considering I currently work 50 a WEEK! Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thank you! :-)

120 months ago

Blue Angel in Emerson, New Jersey said: I am not trying to be all negative here, but i worked for NAA and currently work for a major airline and can tell you it's a world of a difference. If you have any questions, just ask!!!

Hi I would like to know how true it is that you need to report within one hour to a flight. They told us that we had to be able to report within one hour of JFK and just wondering how true this is. Do they really expect you to be able to get to the airport within one hour? Can they really gather a crew so quickly? What if you do live near the airport and you're stuck in traffic which I'm sure has happened? Just wondering what the true story is. Thanks. Also I did find this information regarding their union which is what they told us.

www.teamster.org/divisions/airline/whowerepresent.htm

I'm sorry to say this, but it said the page was not found :-(
I really hope they are unionized... Are you sure that they are?

Thanks,

Mere :-)

120 months ago

Out of the Blue in Long Island, New York said: Beginning pay for full-time Flight Attendants is $18.12 per block hour.
After 6 months this pay is increased to $19.47 per block hour. Guarantee pay of 67 hours per month.

Question: For how long is your minimum guarantee only 67 hours? Is this forever, or just when you are a new employee? Once you gain senority, does this min. guar. increase? Thanks.

Cynthia in Levittown, New York

120 months ago

I wanted to know if since NAA is exclusively a charter airline, do the FA have a good chance of meeting famous peeps?

120 months ago

First of all they are unionized, however, the flight attendants have been fighting for a contract since early 2006. I don't believe there is one in sight. The pilot contract has been sealed and delivered, and from what I heard it was so bad that the union apologized to the pilots. They do hire a large number of staff and that does equal a large number of turnover. The 67 hours guaranteed is the more interesting thing. As they hire more peole the hours certainly go down for a few months until the turnover takes over. I worked as much as 160 block hours/month and as low as 40 block hours/mo. The money is not always there.(I would say your first year expect 20-25,000)

In response to Cynthia, they do primarily all charter, however, most of it is military. They do some famous charters, but nothing consistant. In my 5 years there, they did the Bush campaign, MI3, Philadelphia 76ers(one flight only), PGA tour, White House Press, college sports teams, and right now they are doing the Obama campaign. Again, they don't have any contracts for these charters. These are ad hocs. The other thing is the way the company was assigning these trips. You really had to be in the company's fan club if you ever wanted to be on these trips. It was not assigned on first come or based on people on reserve. I understand that to some extent, but they did go overboard with always having the same people(and some of them were the lazy types in with the company). They have a real weird way of running an airline, but who am I to critize, they are making money. You can't say that about too many other companies.

JET-nyc in Manhattan

120 months ago

Meredith in Levittown, New York said: Hello. I am planning on attending tomorrow's open house (October 11.) I went to one back in June and was invited to the call-back interview, but passed because I was offered a job that guaranteed more money. I still have that job, but am reconsidering a career as a FA. However, I am having trouble trusting a company that CONSTANTLY needs to hire a new staff. Also, the 67 hours a month guarantee is frightening to me, considering I currently work 50 a WEEK! Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thank you! :-)

Let us know how it went whn yu get back, ok...

JET-nyc in Manhattan

120 months ago

Meredith in Levittown, New York said: I'm sorry to say this, but it said the page was not found :-(
I really hope they are unionized... Are you sure that they are?

Thanks,

Mere :-)

Mere, I believe tht most of the Airlines requrs within 1 HR..

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.