looking for work

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (11)

beckyann in burleson, Texas

128 months ago

i have just moved and have to start over i have been a hirdresser for the last 15 years the past 9 years i did mainly s&s and perms very good at backcombing would like to find a job doing the same how do i learn to do foiling i have always frosted highlited with a cap

andrea bolton in Knoxville, Tennessee

128 months ago

I just finished up the instructor training program and i am about to take my state board test and i need a place to work

Jeanne in Cleveland, Ohio

128 months ago

beckyann in burleson, Texas said: i have just moved and have to start over i have been a hirdresser for the last 15 years the past 9 years i did mainly s&s and perms very good at backcombing would like to find a job doing the same how do i learn to do foiling i have always frosted highlited with a cap

Hello-
I would suggest going to a class first. I then would practice on a friend with conditioner instead of color or bleach to get a good feel for it and to help you with speed of application. Good Luck. It is never to late to learn something new. Your income should increase with this new skill also.

becky townzen in Arlington, Texas

126 months ago

i need help i gave a young girl a haircut the other day and she upset me so bad ruined the rest of my weekend. she had shoulder length hair and wanted the beckham h/cut i explained that the back was very short around the neckline she did not want it to be that short so we adjusted it and it was so cute but she didn't like it cuz it did not look just like the picture i explained to get the effect like the pic it had to be shorter. she wanted to be able to see the v line in the layers so we cut some more and showed the line then she didn't like the line so we tapered th ends to hide the lines she still didn't like it she also had some very faint fading high lights left on the ends of hair she had very dark brown hair explained with the light hitting those parts it looked uneven but i showed her it wasn't by the time i got finished 3 hours later i was so exeraspareted i was ready to quit i have just started in this salon i came from a different town and have to start completely over after working in a shop for 9 yrs with my own clientale by the time i finished i was not happy with the cut but what was i to do?

Jeanne in Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio

126 months ago

becky townzen in Arlington, Texas said: i need help i gave a young girl a haircut the other day and she upset me so bad ruined the rest of my weekend. she had shoulder length hair and wanted the beckham h/cut i explained that the back was very short around the neckline she did not want it to be that short so we adjusted it and it was so cute but she didn't like it cuz it did not look just like the picture i explained to get the effect like the pic it had to be shorter. she wanted to be able to see the v line in the layers so we cut some more and showed the line then she didn't like the line so we tapered th ends to hide the lines she still didn't like it she also had some very faint fading high lights left on the ends of hair she had very dark brown hair explained with the light hitting those parts it looked uneven but i showed her it wasn't by the time i got finished 3 hours later i was so exeraspareted i was ready to quit i have just started in this salon i came from a different town and have to start completely over after working in a shop for 9 yrs with my own clientale by the time i finished i was not happy with the cut but what was i to do?

Hi Becky-
Sorry to hear about your difficult client. She sounds like the type of person who wants a whole new look but doesn't want more than a half inch off! I hope you don't let some insecure teenager, that can not express herself and her wants, bring you down. I would suggest talking to your manager if a situation like this happens again. This insures that your boss knows that it is the client that is whack! Why bring a picture to a stylist if that is not what you want? THE CUSTOMER IS NOT ALWAYS RIGHT! I think you should be glad she was not happy. Do you want that kind of repeat business?

becky in Arlington, Texas

126 months ago

thanks for the input

SheerExtensions in Houston, Texas

108 months ago

We are an new Salon looking for passionate technicians who have the drive and motivation to be a team player. Must be outgoing, reliable, and personable.

Licensed Stylist: Established stylists needed! Must function well with others, we are a drama-free environment.

contact me at flyextensions@gmail.com

anastasia in Dallas, Texas

104 months ago

beckyann in burleson, Texas said: i have just moved and have to start over i have been a hirdresser for the last 15 years the past 9 years i did mainly s&s and perms very good at backcombing would like to find a job doing the same how do i learn to do foiling i have always frosted highlited with a cap

I am a salon located in rockwall, tx I am looking for a stylist and am interested in meeting you, please let me know if you are interested

Salon Grace in Weatherford, Texas

86 months ago

Salon Grace is a New Salon in Weatherford TX. We are hiring! Commission and Booth Rent available. Email mysalongrace@gmail.com if this interest you!

Karihn in South Africa

60 months ago

in which area are you looking to work
mail me your CV info@theboardroomhair.co.za

Caliz B Hair and Beauty Salon in Plano, Texas

54 months ago

Hello...We are a beauty salon in the Plano area looking for assistants and rental booth operators as well as manicurists and nail and massage technicians. We offer a relaxing environment and many perks. Thank you and have a fantastic day!!!

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.