Getting into Interior Design - Portfolio Suggestions

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

Interior Design Hopeful in Annandale, Virginia

95 months ago

Hi all, I am currently looking to change careers into interior design. I am coming from a legal background and I have completed both my MBA in 2004 and a MA in Interior Design in 2009. I attended a CIDA accredited school here in the Washington DC area. After taking some time to try and figure out how I will adjust to having to take a paycut, I am now ready to get out of my legal job and into interior design. I have managed to incorporate design into another passion - wedding and event planning - that I am hoping will help make up for the difference in salary that I will inevitably experience. Any advice that anyone could give me for breaking into the interior design profession would be truly appreciated. I am particularly interested in corporate firms (Gensler, Leo A. Daly, etc.) as I would like to work with commercial projects and at some point move into hospitality design. Also, when it comes to portfolios, should I only include projects that were worked on in class, or can I show a range of work? What is the best medium to show the portfolio now - when I graduated in 2009 it was via web. All comments would be truly welcome!!

Semen Zuev in Palo Alto, California

34 months ago

It’s not difficult to become an interior designer by typing thinkinteriordesignacademy.com/ from your browser. I am also doing interior design from this online academy. What I say about this academy is one word “Awesome”. Even you can take classes any time

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.