Medical Asst - need experience

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

Jennifer in Austin, Texas

80 months ago

How do you get a job fresh out of college when every Medical Asst position available requires experience??? How do you get experience if no one will hire you the first time????

Amy in West Palm Beach, Florida

80 months ago

Jennifer in Austin, Texas said: How do you get a job fresh out of college when every Medical Asst position available requires experience??? How do you get experience if no one will hire you the first time????

Jennifer,

I know what you mean. I graduated summer of 2010 and still haven't found work. I even got my certification this January thinking it would up my chances...but still nothing. Thankfully back in May I began volunteering at a clinic. I record BP and review pt chart. I also work in the sterilization room as well. Volunteering is a great way to get some experience and it is a good way to network. Everyone at the clinic knows I am a CMA looking for work and they notify me of any openings. If you don't have your certificaton I highly recommend getting it. Don't give up. Search online, the paper....have you tried just dropping off your resume? It couldn't hurt.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.