Preparing to take ASCP MT exam in three weeks time

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Page:  « First « Previous   5  6  7  8  9  10  11  Next »   Last »

Mary in Ashland City, Tennessee

112 months ago

It is. It will be like 100lbs lifted off my back if I pass.

crayons in Savannah, Georgia

112 months ago

Mary in Ashland City, Tennessee said: It is. It will be like 100lbs lifted off my back if I pass.

Hahahah.... It will be like 200Ibs lifted off my back, champange, a week of sleep if I pass..... :)

Jasmine in Wheeling, Illinois

112 months ago

If you pass you can work anywhere in the US. Good luck

Jasmine in Wheeling, Illinois

112 months ago

The ASCP is recognized everywhere it is not limiting like the AMT or AAB.

112 months ago

thanks! I hope I pass too. . . . .
*sob* I want my freedom. . .
I feel like I've turn into a nerd. . .

112 months ago

I won't know what to do with my free time after I pass. Since April I've been studying when I get home from work.

I've decided I'm not going to study Sunday, so I can have some time to relax before Monday. I'll let you guys know how it went.

112 months ago

Mary in Ashland City, Tennessee said: I won't know what to do with my free time after I pass. Since April I've been studying when I get home from work.

I've decided I'm not going to study Sunday, so I can have some time to relax before Monday. I'll let you guys know how it went.

:) you'll do well. Let us know! All the best!

NY in New York, New York

112 months ago

hello, i just passed my MT,ASCP few days ago. it's already my second time passing the ASCP test, because the first one I took is MT,ASCPi which I tried to send to NY State but didnt honor it because they said it's a categorical exam which I know not fair becaause it is being honored in some states like california as a licensure exam. Actually the weight of the exam is the same and I didnt see any (maybe one)US lab policy questions on MT,ASCP as what they are claiming to be the difference between the two. Anyhow, ASCP is more of analyzation and little bit of common sense. They are more of the clinical aspect of the laboratory test like giving you cases as if you are the health provider of the patient. You have to know how to interpret the test results like primary or secondary hyperthyroidism, anemias, osmolality, interpretation of antibody panel and crossmatch are MUST know, Rh immunoglobulin dosing, ABO and other blood groups, review some slides, factors affecting ESR result, BNP, hema staining, absolute or relative _cytosis, interpret electrophoresis and conditions. My review material is flashcard by Polansky, i found it very helpful because it is organize and easy to understand especially for person like me who had graduated almost 9 years ago, then after that you may go over to the question and answer book like robert harr which i didnt finish, i was able to look only at the sample slides on CD due to lack of time because I only studied for 9 days, but it would be better if you like go over twice with all the materials you have. Prayers of course, good luck to everyone.

112 months ago

I PASSED!!...or it was a hallucination, haha. I didn't get any kind of print out saying I passed from the testing center before I left.

I typed up the questions I could remember. Of course they aren't word for word. If I won't get in trouble for it I could post them.

112 months ago

Mary in Ashland City, Tennessee said: I PASSED!!...or it was a hallucination, haha. I didn't get any kind of print out saying I passed from the testing center before I left.

I typed up the questions I could remember. Of course they aren't word for word. If I won't get in trouble for it I could post them.

wow! congrats! was it diffcult?
Pray for me. I'm taking mine in late july. *sob*

Altec in Oakland, California

112 months ago

I'm taking mine next week! I've read that last few pages of comments and I do feel a little better on what to expect, but I'm still so nervous.

Paul in Azle, Texas

112 months ago

blue21ph in Chino, California said: Well Im not 42 but definitely not any younger than 30. I took a review class that lasted for 3mos here in the Phil but its all worth it. I did alot of studying to refresh my memory bigtime! A lot of changes since the time I graduated and that includes you hehehehe.

Hi, I'm Paul and actually located in Fort Worth, Texas. You mention that you took a review class, I'm intrested in that, can you give me details please. That might help me.

susan in New Bedford, Massachusetts

112 months ago

hi..congrats to all who have passed..2 girls in my lab just passed ascp but they just finished mt program...I will be taking the Microbiology tech section only. i am 57 but have my mlt(ascp) and have worked in micro for 5 years now...has any one taken just the micro technologist exam? i am freaking out just thinking about it.

RRLABTECH in Roanoke Rapids, North Carolina

112 months ago

You sound like me. I graduated from MLT program 21 years ago and just received a BS degree in Criminal Justice but would like to sit for the MT ASCP. An advice? Haven't been in a lab class in over 20 years!!!!!!!!!

rosana jordan in New York, New York

112 months ago

JP in San Bernardino, California said: Good luck on your tests guys!

I just took it a few days ago and like CLS48 I really thought I had failed it about halfway through, but I didn't.

I guess if it's really hard, you are doing well. From what I understand, the harder questions are weighted more heavily, but I'm not sure about that.

As for what to study... everything! I heard that the review cards were really good, however, I used a crusty old review book from who knows where that had been photocopied so many times as to be unreadable in many parts. It worked though. A classmate of mine did the same thing, and she passed.

I made flashcards for things like calculations and reference ranges so I could have those in my mind. You really only need the ref ranges for the common tests, it gives you the ranges for the more esoteric tests.

I would focus on micro, blood bank, heme and chemistry the most. I didn't have any lab practice questions and only a couple of parasitology and mycology questions. Of those that I had, there were pictures and a description (which usually gave it away by some key characteristic)

You really need to know disease states and the lab results associated with them. It seemed like that's mostly what I had. Not very many, if any, methodology questions.

Like its been said though, every one's test is different.

Study a lot!

hi, can you in any way to send me the book that you talk about

skyblue80 in Modesto, California

112 months ago

Has anyone taken Online Quiz on State Laboratory Law for California? Do the question come from the Tutorial: Basic California State Laboratory Law or is there any extra material to study? Please let me know if anyone has information.
Thanks

STEPHEN in Meridian, Idaho

112 months ago

CAN U EMAIL ME THE QUESTIONS? JOHN2OWUSU@YAHOO.COM

Mary in Ashland City, Tennessee said: I PASSED!!...or it was a hallucination, haha. I didn't get any kind of print out saying I passed from the testing center before I left.

RRLABTECH in Roanoke Rapids, North Carolina

112 months ago

Would you email them to me too at lpodruchny@charter.net if that is ok.

HaileJ in Crown Point, Indiana

112 months ago

Hello NY,
I too bought the Robert Harr book but one night i was studying at my school library and forgot my CD in the computer i was using. Needless to say I was never able to retrieve my CD. :( I was wondering if i could buy yours from you? Please!

HaileJ in Crown Point, Indiana

112 months ago

Hey Mary,
If you could email me the questions I would GREATLY appreciate it!!...PLEASE..i take the exam in 3 weeks! Joneshai@msu.edu...thanks!

alnetpheney@*****.*** in Mesquite, Texas

112 months ago

Hello Mary, How could you say you passed when you said you didn't recieved any print out from the testing area telling you that you passed?, while in fact just after you click the END will tell you right away passed or failed?

112 months ago

chu in North Las Vegas, Nevada said: hi sam! if thats the case then i better check the box of items that i want to review or probably change the answer at the end of the test.

is the time alloted just enough to finish the 100 items?

do u happen to know some websites where i can practice sample exams?

labce.com has a good quiz for practice.

112 months ago

alnetpheney@yahoo.com in Mesquite, Texas said: Hello Mary, How could you say you passed when you said you didn't recieved any print out from the testing area telling you that you passed?, while in fact just after you click the END will tell you right away passed or failed?

At the end of the test, when I clicked on the "END TEST" button,it said "PASS". It doesn't give you a score. You will get your score in 10 business days.

112 months ago

I actually just got my score today in the mail and I took the test June 30th, so they sent the scores out pretty quickly.

I got a lot higher score than I thought I would.

112 months ago

Mary in Ashland City, Tennessee said: I actually just got my score today in the mail and I took the test June 30th, so they sent the scores out pretty quickly.

I got a lot higher score than I thought I would.

congrats! :D
What did you get?
I'm so nervous. . . .

112 months ago

I got 576. I didn't think it would be much higher than 400. There must be some odd method of scoring the questions.

112 months ago

you passed! that is all that matters :)

SUSAN in New Bedford, Massachusetts

112 months ago

COULD YOU EMAIL ANY MICROBIOLOGY QUESTIONS YOU REMEMBER? SEW612@VERIZON.NET THANKS

happy in Chandigarh, India

112 months ago

chitra sharma in Des Plaines, Illinois said: hi bigfeet Iam from inda & I did my MLT in english so its not that tough to understand the US books but still iam finding some diff termenology here. Hope I pass d exam :)

hi, i m also from india and planning to give ascpi(MT) exam. cn u plz guide me how the paper comes there and how much difficult is it to crack the exam and what r the books to follow. my email id is harpalnehra@rediffmail.com

andrea in Faulkton, South Dakota

112 months ago

I would like to know if i can take the ASCP exams, im almost 1 yr here in the US and planning to move to other state that needs ASCP license, i studied outside the US but has almost 8 yrs of exprnce, im thinking of taking NCA but i need to complete my 1 yr stay here in US, but im thinking if its possible to take the ASCP exams once i reach my 1 yrs exprnce in US.
pls help.

Altec in Oakland, California

112 months ago

I took my ASCP exam earlier today and PASSED!! I honestly thought I failed that test about halfway through and was expecting the worst when I clicked to end my exam. The first screen that came up said that my scores would be mailed within 10 days and I didn't see the word "PASS" so I though I failed, but after clicking to the next screen, there it was in bold letters, "PASS".

I didn't have any cell panels and maybe only 2 or 3 calculations. I did have a handful of mycology questions I wasn't quite ready for and no parasitology questions. I used the book from Harr and The Bottom Line Approach book to study. I have to apply for my CA license now, so if anyone has details on that, I would appreciate it. Good luck to everyone who is going to take the exam!

112 months ago

Altec in Oakland, California said: I took my ASCP exam earlier today and PASSED!! I honestly thought I failed that test about halfway through and was expecting the worst when I clicked to end my exam. The first screen that came up said that my scores would be mailed within 10 days and I didn't see the word "PASS" so I though I failed, but after clicking to the next screen, there it was in bold letters, "PASS".

I didn't have any cell panels and maybe only 2 or 3 calculations. I did have a handful of mycology questions I wasn't quite ready for and no parasitology questions. I used the book from Harr and The Bottom Line Approach book to study. I have to apply for my CA license now, so if anyone has details on that, I would appreciate it. Good luck to everyone who is going to take the exam!

congrats! :) My turn soooon! studying every single day :(
I need help with my NY license. Do you happen to know how to go about doing that?
Should I apply for State Licensing after I pass ASCP or before my ASCP exam?

Roninbox in Santa Fe, New Mexico

112 months ago

Hi all I am new to forum I recently pass BSMT as USA and same time Pass ASCP MT also
MY GPA for MT degree is 4.15 and I hope my ASCP score to be good as i had all very hard questions not a single easy ques.. the test was real hard and look like made for pathologists not for Mts.. I got like 60-70% Q from Bbank abd heam only, (uneven disrtibution) Green book was not helpful..

NOW I am looking for a JOB if any one looking for a MT with leadership qualities
plz reply me at roninbox@yahoo.com also if any one have que about ascp test ask me may be i can help.

roninbox in Santa Fe, New Mexico

112 months ago

James in Scottsdale, Arizona said: I am looking for a MT to manage a STAT Lab in Yuma, AZ. Anyone know someone that may be interested?

Hi all I am new to forum I pass BSMT as USA and same time Pass ASCP MT also
MY GPA for MT degree is 4.15 and I hope my ASCP score to be good as i had all very hard questions not a single easy ques.. the test was real hard and look like made for pathologists not for Mts.. I got like 60-70% Q from Bbank abd heam only, (uneven disrtibution) Green book was not helpful..

NOW I am looking for a JOB if any one looking for a MT with leadership qualities
plz reply me at roninbox@yahoo.com also if any one have que about ascp test ask me may be i can help.

112 months ago

happy in Chandigarh, India said: hi, i m also from india and planning to give ascpi(MT) exam. cn u plz guide me how the paper comes there and how much difficult is it to crack the exam and what r the books to follow. my email id is harpalnehra@rediffmail.com

are you taking it from INDIA

112 months ago

James in Scottsdale, Arizona said: I am looking for a MT to manage a STAT Lab in Yuma, AZ. Anyone know someone that may be interested?

do u stll have a position available for a ASCP MT??

plz reply roninbox@yahoo.com

ge in Temecula, California

112 months ago

skyblue80 in Modesto, California said: Has anyone taken Online Quiz on State Laboratory Law for California? Do the question come from the Tutorial: Basic California State Laboratory Law or is there any extra material to study? Please let me know if anyone has information.
Thanks

all the questions are from the tutorial, goodluck!

needsuggestion in Modesto, California

112 months ago

ge in Temecula, California said: all the questions are from the tutorial, goodluck!

thanks

jordanrosana in New York, New York

112 months ago

what is that tutorial is that a book to study for the ascp test? can i get it

skyblue80 in Modesto, California

112 months ago

Its california test after you pass the ascp exam. For ascp, study the ASCP green book, pay more attention on the graphs and know for each details. Also study Robert harr book, as well as Polensky cards. Combination of these should be enough, but it would be good idea to study with partner so he or she can ask you what you have studied.

heart in Forsyth, Montana

111 months ago

ge in Temecula, California said: all the questions are from the tutorial, goodluck!

i have a friend who only had ascpi and he just converted his license (apply for reciprocity) for California license. i dont think california offers examination anymore.

heart in Forsyth, Montana

111 months ago

hi mary can you also email it to.. some that you remember. im going to take the test too..i just had AMT license and tryi to get AASCP..heres my email add: nmedija@rangeweb.net

thank you

Anna in Downey, California

111 months ago

Hello, you should contact the department of Health and Services. You need to convert the ASCpi certificate to ASCP/CLS license. I had a candidate who did just that and i was able to placed her. email me so I can help you - anna@idearecruit.com.

Anna Dejero
3 2 3 7 9 9 7 2 1 2
anna@idearecruit.com

111 months ago

heart in Forsyth, Montana said: i have a friend who only had ascpi and he just converted his license (apply for reciprocity) for California license. i dont think california offers examination anymore.

Hello, you should contact the Department of Health Services so you can convert the ASCPi certificate to ASCP/CLS license. I have a candidate who did just that and I was able to placed her.. email me so I can help you - anna@idearecruit.com

111 months ago

Roninbox in Santa Fe, New Mexico said: Hi all I am new to forum I pass BSMT as USA and same time Pass ASCP MT also

email me - anna@idearecruit.com I may be able to help you..

tfarnon in Sparks, Nevada

111 months ago

Tim in Lawrenceville, Georgia said: LabCE has a free clinical laboratory science quiz game that I've been using to practice for the ASCP exam. It's not exactly what you'll find on the exam, but you can't beat the price! The link is www.labce.com/start.aspx or www.labce.com/game

It's fun, too. Or am I THAT much of a nerd?

tfarnon in Sparks, Nevada

111 months ago

Jennifer H in Sarasota, Florida said: Hello all- I am 42yrs old- gradulated with my MLT in 1992!
I would like to take the MT exam- but am afraid I have been away from the books too long.
Any older people take the exam? what did you think of it? Do i have a shot??
Thanks

I'm older (50), plan on graduating in MT/CLS in May 2010. I don't know about the exam, but I've found that my time spent in molecular biology research wasn't wasted. Not so much the specifics, but the vocabulary and the overall body of knowledge needed to pass my courses and fool with practice exams (books) and the labce.com quizzes. Or maybe I just really, really like this stuff. I study what we have to know for class, study other related texts, mess with my Merck Manual and look things up, watch "House" and yell at the TV...

Okay, so that's NO help. I'm basically eating, breathing and excreting this stuff. Dunno what to tell you.

111 months ago

Canadian MedTech in Brampton, Ontario said: Anna,
interested in MT job in california.
what are the requirements?

Hello Canadian MT,

You need to have the state license to practice in claifornia.. if its ASCP you need to convert it to CLS..

111 months ago

ian in Highmore, South Dakota said: hi, mga friends! help nman, i have a problem with my recent employer, he's cutting cost.. pati payroll ko apektado na.. do u know any hospitals, where i can apply and have my visa transfer?? pls advice..

Ian saan mo ba gusto magwork? medyo mahirap maghanap ng nyan ngayon kasi nga because of the economy.. until when ba ang work permit mo? email mo ako - anna@idearecruit.com kasi baka makaswerte tayo.. last ko nakassist ng visa transfer was March..

111 months ago

Jennifer H in Sarasota, Florida said: Hello all- I am 42yrs old- gradulated with my MLT in 1992!
I would like to take the MT exam- but am afraid I have been away from the books too long.
Any older people take the exam? what did you think of it? Do i have a shot??
Thanks

Don't feel that way.. of course you have a shot..I have candidates who were in their 50s and 60s and they just passed their ASCP.. Just pass the test and it will open door for you!

Page:  « First « Previous   5  6  7  8  9  10  11  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.