BETTER PAY FOR CNA'S

Comments (16)

LW in Atlanta, Georgia

138 months ago

IM A CNA WITH 10YRS EXPERIENCE AND I HAVE WORKED IN MED SURG.PSYCH,HOME HEALTH.I BELEVIE MY WORK HISTORY DESERVES A BETTER RAY RATE THAN I HAVE BEEN GETTING.MANY CNA'S LIKE MYSELF ENJOY THERE JOB BUT CANT WORK IN THE FIELD BECAUSE THE MONEY NO GOOD TO TAKE CARE OF THIER FAMILY.ANY CNA'S WITH ME ON THIS?

pete in Fresno, California

138 months ago

trust me im there with you on that one sister. in california it's not that much better that where your from.

i believe it's $9-$12 depending on where you work.

how freak'n rediculous is this when fast-food workers get paid more to flip burgers than CNA's when they have to take care of people. it's a greedy industry. CNA's do all the dirty work and get nothing out of it. it's just enough to pay for gas. screw the greedy retarded american economy!

Kailia in Newton Highlands, Massachusetts

138 months ago

I get paid that much as a sales associate in a upscale retail shop in Boston, MA...That's pretty sad.

CNA in Memphis, Tennessee

137 months ago

I agree that CNA's should be paid more. With the amount of work and care we give to the patients we deserve better pay. And what make it worse is that some nurses don't appreciate the work you do and were I work many will not assist you when you need help. That why I decided to be a CNA first to see how nursing really is and one day when I become a RN I will know how it feels to be a CNA.

MARY THOMAS in Lincoln, Nebraska

137 months ago

IM BEEN A CNA SEENS 1984 ,I BELIEVE I SHOULD GET A BETTER PAY,I
I LOVE MY WORK I ALSO WORK IN HOME HEALTH ...L CARE FOR SOMEONE AT NITE FOR 20.OO A NITE I GET UP ABOUT EVER TWO HRS. I TO DONT UNDERSTAND WHY NURSES GET MORE PAY WITH ALL THE WORK WE DO,I FEEL LIKE IM NOT APPRECIATED AND L SHOULD OF WENT FOR A RN

tess in Los Angeles, California

98 months ago

yes i work in a hospital on the med/surg floor I get 10 patients the RN gets five and I get all the pts. with the most needs some are so sick and really need close monitoring and the RN puts the pt on a Cna. We Work hard for pennies.They need to seriously do something about this because nobody wants to do this work most people now these days are in school for their Lvn or Rn so they dont have to work on the floor many of the students I talk to say that when they finish they are going into case management. If they dont raise the pay for the little people (Cna's) they are not going to have them around. Cna is hard work its a job no one wants, you become easily burned out because the work load is so heavy. the min a cna should make on any job is 18.00hr.

Alisa in Marquette, Michigan

97 months ago

It's not much better better in MI we get anywhere from $9-$12 as well. The only jobs that i can take with my cna is to go work at a state run nursing home which would put me up to $15-$20 range. However you need to constantly watch for postings on the gov website cause you can't put in an application. Those jobs very rarley open up because others that work them can't afford the pay cut to go else where. It's a sad state cause everythings privatly owned so other than the owner and administrators everyone else gets crapped on. The last facility i worked at we were union and when are contracts came up the reason our administor couldn't afford to give cna's raises was because he had to many payments himslef and couldn't afford it. He has a house payment, camp payment, 5 car payments, a boat payment, and several atv's.... i would just like to get by with a house payments and bills. Guess that's just asking for to much. I take care of 25 residents nightly ranging from 1 person limited assist to fully dependent residents. I'd love to see him try my job for one night.

tess in El Monte, California

93 months ago

I would say if you are unhappy with your job it is your fault. Either you did not do enough research to find out what the job entailed or did not believe what you found out. The pay was not a secret. You chose a quicker, lower paying job over putting in the time and effort required for a higher paying job. My suggestion is either do what the RN's have done to make the money we do, get used to being at the bottom of the health care profession, or change careers. Don't blame the RN's for you job choice.

this is why the need for the pay to increase for cnas. this is what a nurse posted on another forum. go back to school. cnas are consider the bottom at least this person agrees that we cna are grossly underpaid shame on the healthcare system

lisa in Florida

46 months ago

LW in Atlanta, Georgia said: IM A CNA WITH 10YRS EXPERIENCE AND I HAVE WORKED IN MED SURG.PSYCH,HOME HEALTH .I BELEVIE MY WORK HISTORY DESERVES A BETTER RAY RATE THAN I HAVE BEEN GETTING.MANY CNA'S LIKE MYSELF ENJOY THERE JOB BUT CANT WORK IN THE FIELD BECAUSE THE MONEY NO GOOD TO TAKE CARE OF THIER FAMILY.ANY CNA'S WITH ME ON THIS?

We need to fight for higher wages. People depend on us for care. We arent fixing burgers.

jenny in Manassas, Virginia

38 months ago

hi, am jenny, i had my friend help me hack my ex's email, facebook, whatsapp,and his phone cause i suspected he was cheating. all he asked for was his phone number. and As a parent,if you want to know what your kids do on a daily basis on social networks (This includes facebook, twitter ,instagram, whatsapp, WeChat and others to make sure they're not getting into trouble, Name it, he can get the job done his a professional hacker.Contact him on email <hmind2409@gmail.com>..IF u need help tell him jenny referred you to him and he'll help. Am sure his going to help you do it, good luck dtjg......

Naomi4btrwg in ARLINGTON, Texas

22 months ago

LW in Atlanta, Georgia said: IM A CNA WITH 10YRS EXPERIENCE AND I HAVE WORKED IN MED SURG.PSYCH,HOME HEALTH .I BELEVIE MY WORK HISTORY DESERVES A BETTER RAY RATE THAN I HAVE BEEN GETTING.MANY CNA'S LIKE MYSELF ENJOY THERE JOB BUT CANT WORK IN THE FIELD BECAUSE THE MONEY NO GOOD TO TAKE CARE OF THIER FAMILY.ANY CNA'S WITH ME ON THIS?

Totally with you! It makes me so upset that someone can sort mail or work on a machine and make 2-5 times as much as I do... and we work with human souls and get paid like crap. Like if something happened to my partner that he wasn't able to work any more there is no way I Wil be able to support my family. Most of our employers do not have affordable insurances, PTO, sick leave? It's ridiculous how we are treated. I am trying to figure out how we can go about increasing our wages but I have no clue how to start. If anyone has any ideas please let me know. Sarah30israel@gmail

- Indeed Host in Austin, Texas

17 months ago

Hello, Job Seekers

We posted an Indeed Blog about Nursing salaries. Take a look:

Nursing is a crucially important profession, and it will only grow more important as the population ages and we come to rely ever more heavily on these valuable professionals to care for us and our loved ones. Although salaries for nurses are relatively high, these roles are not always easy to fill. So where are the cities where it pays most to be a nurse, and what are some solutions for narrowing the hiring gap?

Read all about it and share your thoughts with fellow RNs here.

Take care,
Indeed Host

Gata in Chicago, Illinois

15 months ago

I understand. I used to work in a nursing home that paid me 10.75 hour. I got wise and applied for veterans department and thank God got the job. I am making now $20.25 an hour. We cna's need to start fighting to get better pay. Mc Donald paying 15 dollars flip hamburgers but CNA'S get 12 dollars and we have to deal with body fluids and waste not mentioning all the moral and pshycological help we offer. I'm working spinal cord injury now and even if I'm making what I'm making I feel underpaid cause work load is heavy and stressful. Lots of people don't recognize that what we do is so important, we act like maids, housekeepers, servers etc. We deserve to be recognize as hard workers who do the job nobody wants to do.

Oswegonycna

13 months ago

I think all CNAs should go on strike. I've been 1, am 1, am also a PCA and just graduated LPN. I am always saying the CNAs pay scale saddens me. The pt to CNA ratio kills you. Hat off to you all.

Bestchoice in Atlanta, Georgia

6 months ago

lisa in Florida said: We need to fight for higher wages. People depend on us for care. We arent fixing burgers.

Hi I am a medication aide instructor the starting pay is between 14-17$ a hour..bestchoice training.daily classes..state and instructor

Celeste_ in Chicago, Illinois

28 days ago

If we go on strike that would make RNs work harder or at least work for the amont of money they are getting paid for. They would end up getting one patient at a time with all the amount of work we do plus theirs. They would probably even go on strike with us. im not saying we should get paid the same amount as them but give us our worth. Its a hard job.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.