Board ordered nurse

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »   Last »

ResQRangR

87 months ago

kadjedra henry@ gmail.con in Dover, Delaware said: LET ME ANSWER YOUR QUESTION BY TELLING MY STORY. WHEN I WAS CAUGHT I WAS GIVEN A CHANCE TO ADMIT ADDICTION AND NOT BE TURNED IN TO BOARD AS LONG AS I EXCEPT HELP BUT I CHOSE TO LET THE PIECES FALL WHERE THEY MAY NOW IM ON 5 YEARS SUSPENSION.HOPE YOU CHOSE WISELY BUT ALSO HOPE YOU GET HELP NO MATTER WHAT YOU CHOSE IF NOT YOU WILL CONTINUE TO HAVE PROBLEMS.GOD BLESS!!!!

I do not understand how this board works, some answers show, some don't. 1st.....call a lawyer, specifically one that works with nurses and the board. 2nd.......if you are takin it illegally......maybe checking into a rehab b4 ur deadline to test. Just a sugestion

Lynn in Lafayette, Louisiana

87 months ago

I think most cases that I have heard of after being suspending all seem similar in one way, when they have applied for reinstatement of licensure they are then required to go through nurse refresher courses and maybe other courses, depending on your board. Good luck with reinstating. You've come this far, might as well go all the way. You must be a good nurse and truly meant to be one, if you are willing to go through all the requirements of the BON and plow through it. I wish you the best!!

Happy In in Greensboro, North Carolina

87 months ago

kadjedra henry@ gmail.con in Dover, Delaware said: LET ME ANSWER YOUR QUESTION BY TELLING MY STORY. WHEN I WAS CAUGHT I WAS GIVEN A CHANCE TO ADMIT ADDICTION AND NOT BE TURNED IN TO BOARD AS LONG AS I EXCEPT HELP BUT I CHOSE TO LET THE PIECES FALL WHERE THEY MAY NOW IM ON 5 YEARS SUSPENSION.HOPE YOU CHOSE WISELY BUT ALSO HOPE YOU GET HELP NO MATTER WHAT YOU CHOSE IF NOT YOU WILL CONTINUE TO HAVE PROBLEMS.GOD BLESS!!!!

Thanks!
As you can see Im now happy in Greensboro NC! An update I went ahead with drug test, obviously came back positive, but my prescription was accepted it was old but they marked it as a negative because of prescription. That was great but truth was I had a major drug problem. Shout out to Patricia Boyle who called me and talked me into doing the right thing! Called BON self reported, before drug test came in, that I had a problem, went to rehab! March 23rd I have 1 year clean! I dont know if original post has date, but, I was pretty high when wrote it ughh! Anyways thanks for advice! I hope you are doing well!

anamcara517 in Delray Beach, Florida

87 months ago

Happy In in Greensboro, North Carolina said: Thanks!
As you can see Im now happy in Greensboro NC! An update I went ahead with drug test, obviously came back positive, but my prescription was accepted it was old but they marked it as a negative because of prescription. That was great but truth was I had a major drug problem. Shout out to Patricia Boyle who called me and talked me into doing the right thing! Called BON self reported, before drug test came in, that I had a problem, went to rehab! March 23rd I have 1 year clean! I dont know if original post has date, but, I was pretty high when wrote it ughh! Anyways thanks for advice! I hope you are doing well!

OMG!!! Renee is that you??!! I think of you all the time...has it been a YEAR!!! OMG!!! SOOOO very proud of you,call or email me personally...want to know how you,your husband and the children are doing...what is happening with working etc??? I just celebrated 4yrs,my daughter gave me my 4yr coin...very special.God blesss you my love...xoxoxo Pat

jaymar in Dover, Delaware

87 months ago

not doing well yet not until i can get off this suspesion in 2 more yrs then i pray they let me get my license again. pray for me in my future endeavers and present. thank you

jaymar in Dover, Delaware

87 months ago

Lynn in Lafayette, Louisiana said: I think most cases that I have heard of after being suspending all seem similar in one way, when they have applied for reinstatement of licensure they are then required to go through nurse refresher courses and maybe other courses, depending on your board. Good luck with reinstating. You've come this far, might as well go all the way. You must be a good nurse and truly meant to be one, if you are willing to go through all the requirements of the BON and plow through it. I wish you the best!!

thank you sooooo much needed to here that have been so worried hearing somethings better than nothing.

Blanca82 in Seattle, Washington

87 months ago

ResQRangR in Dallas, Texas said: Happygirl78........can we please talk? I'll explain in email, to show i'm not a wierdo-I am from Seattle(Capital Hill area) worked at Harborview in 1 of the 9 ICU's. I want to talk about the Washington board. ResQRangR75235@gmail.com. thanks

Quick question: Does one have to report a DUI to the WA department of health? I called and they said no? Who do I have to report it to?? My license has not had any actions taken against it (after DUI and trespassign).

yukidongo in Lexington, North Carolina

86 months ago

Dorothy in Irving, Texas said: I am a RN and have recently recieved a Board order from the Board of Nurses stating i must work under the supervision of another RN dosent have to be on the same floor but working the same hours and that RN must be readily avaiable to ansewr any questions i may have while i am on duty my question is i am a longterm nurse and has very little acute care experience yet a fast learner where in Dallas county do you think i could apply for employment and possibly be accepted. Last position was Director Of Nurses

Chances are they will not even consider your application after noting that it has charges against it--if you have to apply on line. You might try including an additional page with your resume that explains the charge you received, the stipulations, or probationary license, and what your part was in the problem. IF you can get someone to accept a paper application and your resume, explain to them in person. They seem to understand if you get a chance to explain. Otherwise, truth is you are screwed...just like so many good nurses, by punitive board actions. I wish you the best of luck finding employment.

86 months ago

I had a charge against my license about 15 years ago. It was "sleeping on the job", which technically I nodded while sitting in a dark room with a patient, and stood up immediately. The BON gave me a probationary license for one year, which I completed, and learned my lesson. No sleeping, nodding or whatever of that nature. 5 years ago, there was a similar complaint, but made by an angry neighbor child (9yo) to her aunt that I worked for. The Dad was in there with me and knew it was a lie but wasn't home when she called the office and complained. They turned my license in EVEN after the woman called back to tell them the child had confessed it was a lie saying that it was their policy to let the board sort out complaints. I took an attorney and a letter, notarized by the client stating the truth. I have never had trouble finding employment, and I think that even though they couldn't find anything to support the charges, they may have done something to my license. There is nothing showing on the disciplinary page, and they have the number to call with questions. But, I was just turned down for employment based on the BON "charges". Is there anything I can do to get this cleared up?

86 months ago

By the way...there was no disciplinary action against my license and it is not encumbered in any way. I did receive a very hard confrontation from the investigator, who was sarcastic, and basically ripped me every time I opened my mouth. She was in some way reprimanded, and my attorney received a letter from her saying if we had a problems with the way she conducted her investigation, we should have addressed it with her, and not gone over her head. She refused to even look at the notarized letter, and she had made up her mind that I was guilty regardless of the truth. She said something about a "letter of concern". Is that some kind of disciplinary action--does anyone know?

COCOKAY70 in Dover, Delaware

86 months ago

EVEN IF YOU DONT REPORT IT TO BOARD THE THING IS IF IT IS ON YOUR RECORD THE BOARD WILL FIND OUT WHEN YOU RENEW YOUR LICENSE.

COCOKAY70 in Dover, Delaware

86 months ago

I HAVE A QUESTION. AFTER I AM DONE WITH MY SUSPENSION AND GOING THROUGH WHATEVER TO GET MY LICENSE BACK IF I DECIDE TO GO BACK TO SCHOOL TO GET MY ASSOCIATES OR PREFERABLY MY BACH TO GET MY RN (IM AN LPN) WHAT WILL HAPPEN WILL THEY GIVE ME PROBLEMS TAKIN BOARDS OR GETTING JOBS AFTER? DOES ANYONE KNOW? TO CALL AND ASK BOARD WOULD BE WASTE OF TIME THEY DONT ANSWER QUESTIONS LIKE THAT THEY DONT WANT US TO TRY TO REINSTATE MUCH LESS TRY TO FURTHER EDUCATION. I THINK WE ARE CONSIDERED DAMAGED GOODS TO THEM. ANYWAY IF ANYONE CAN ANSWER QUESTION PLS DO. THANK YOU I HAVE LITTLE LESS THAN 2YRS LEFT ON SUSPENSION.

Ginger03 in Phoenix, Arizona

86 months ago

Hi,
I'm on probation for next 2 yrs I have not signed consent. They told me I will have to be under the supervision of another RN , take ua,s, and have quarterly evals. I got into trouble for taking a pain med I did not have a script for. I had a toothache and a family member gave me a pain pill so i didnt have to go to er.i went to work after being up late into the night. They said I looked tired toward the end of my shift and drug tested me. I self reported but declined their addiction,because I don't have an addiction and am willing to prove that. I take full accountability for everything, and am fine with the probation if I could find an employer. I'm in AZ and have been working agency, but have felt uncomfortable approaching facilities I work at for a job. I did apply at a hospital, but never got passed hr after disclosing my impending sanction. I'm an icu nurse, and have applied for lots of jobs. I had one interview it went well at LTC, but not sure they can accommodate the stip of working under another Rn. They said I can continue to do agency but can only work for one facility. I'm not sure I would be able to meet there hour requirements when it gets slow. I also have little kids and can't afford to pay a babysitter if I get cancelled, and only working at one place this happens frequently. My question is what exactly does working under another rn entail. Can they be in the building or is direct supervision required. Is there anyone that could give me advice that's been through this. Is there anyone in az that could suggest potential employers. I made a bad choice, and would like to find Steady employment and prove myself .

anamcara517

86 months ago

Hey Arizona,
I sure can relate!!!! You are lucky they let you do agency,most states donot permit that but I know what you mean about the uncertainty. Double check your monitoring contact,or case manager they usually spell it out VERY clearly.In Fl where I live the RN must be on the same premisis and aware that I am in monitoring program...however my nurse manager fills out my quarterly reports.It really is a matter of just getting your foot in the door,as long as your immediate supervisor remains the same to do your quarterly evals the board tends to "forget/loose track" of the various "supervising" RN's.If you are lucky to get into a facility that has "house supervisors" they count so you don't then have to tell ANY other nurse that you work with.Eventually you will get a job,as I always advise....it may not be your "ideal job"...far from it most likely BUT it is only temporary...do what you have to do to get this over with. When going on interviews, NEVER mention your monitoring status to ANYONE except the potential immediate supervisior and NOT until they have officially offered you the job. I am assuming you have had NO formal discipline/board action?...if so that is great if NOT you MUST disclose this on any job application...failure to do so is a violation of Nurse Practice Act if anyone reports you, you could get formal discipline from board including fines/sanctions or even suspension.You will get through this,may God Bless you on your journey....Pat/Florida

yukidongo in Kernersville, North Carolina

86 months ago

I had a similar sanction on my license years ago. The way it worked for me was that the "Supervisor" had to do evals. She was in an office, and not in the homes I work in. It may be similar for you. It should be that there is a Supervisor that does the reports. That would be, technically, who you are working under. Now, I am in NC, and it was not an incident exactly like yours. I nodded off while sitting in a dark room with a patient. Didn't matter...they were as hard on that "nod" as they are on anything else. My evals were every month! And, I was just declined for a job today, based on the review of my license that shows charges and that probationary license for 1 year back in 1998. I also work for an agency, and when there is no work, or I get cancelled, we scrape. Some agencies will consider hiring with a reviewed license. I never had a problem getting hired until recently. So, I am planning to call and find out what has changed about my license. Anyway, I only know how it applies here, and if you need further clarification, I would call the BON where you are...knowing that is the last people you want to talk to, but you may have to call.

86 months ago

Maybe you can tell me... Does the "flag" on your license ever go away? Is there something you can do through the board that might make them expunge a charge, or is there a time limit for how long it can show up publicly?

anamcara517

86 months ago

Hi NC,
Sadly, NO....I'm in the very same boat.Once you have had formal discipline by the board you're a marked woman,forever. Those who were LUCKY enough to be offered the alternative program...you self report,go to treatment,agree to everything in contract,complete without any violations your license is protected from the actual board,thus no "formal" actions...it is as if it never happened,nothing shows on your license,ever you are granted complete confidentiality. Once a formal discipline it is by law public knowledge and as in my case will sadly,effect who will hire you,the options are slim.The nursing boards actually have final say,more power than actual court's of civil law...hard to beleive but I know of a nurse who paid over 10K to lawyer who was able to get a judge to order the nursing board to renistate her license and the nursing board had more power completely overturning the judge's decision.Unlike some crimes,even felonies....after a period of time,with the right lawyer and for A LOT of money crimes can be expundged...NOT with thee nursing board.Save your time,money,energy and dignity...you won't win.Do your best to move on the best way you can.May God Bless you and your journey....Pat/Florida

86 months ago

Thanks for that reply... They told me..."we are not the punitive agency that nurses fear". Yeah, right. If someone does the probationary license and has had a full license for so many years, and they haven't found a reason to take it away, they should be required to remove public notice of it, and I have a friend or two in the state senate. He said they work closely with the board of nursing. This was before I knew that something was showing on the license. I looked after many applications received no response. It has "charges/review", then "yes". There are no current charges against my license. The disciplinary page shows nothing, and there are two extensions listed to call for more information. I plan to call and find out exactly what they are telling prospective employers. Then, I am going to talk to the Senator, and explain to him that many good nurses are being punished long after they have their act together and after they have complied with the board's stipulations on their license. I am going to explain that the privacy act of 1976 does not permit an employer to ruin your life with information, and ask him why the board is allowed to do so. Autonomus is one thing...punitive after you comply with what they tell you to do is something altogether different. I will ask him to look into legislation that prevents any board, or employer from continuing to punish if you complete their requirements successfully... Why bother to do all they require if you are not going to be able to be employed??? I have gotten one law changed here in NC--not related to nursing, and been a part of another piece of legislation in addition to that. I think he may just help me...and in doing so, other nurses. I'll talk to him next week. This that I'm seeing so much of on here is unfair. I can't think of ANY other profession where actions seem to be so unjust. And, if I have to, I will get an attorney. Many of these nurses are from NC, and it is just "wrong".

86 months ago

ResQRangR in Dallas, Texas said: I am amazed at this string of comments. When I was in nursing school one of our instructors said "nurses eat their young". And that is so evident after reading the judgemental comments left on here and by the lack of help/assistance that people have asked for. We should help one another not be the judge, jury, and executioner to others that are already down.

As for my personal plea for information was answered by someone who is so old and out of touch with what is the current state of nursing. As an update, my case was thrown out by the judge after a suppression hearing showed malfescence by the police who put so much in the case that had nothing to do with the charge. After I fired an attorney and hired one who knew what had to be done.

As for those that want to argue that dependance on a controlled substance is an addiction-well, I hope that you never get an ailgment where you would need a controlled substance to function daily. If you are placed on a daily blood pressure medication to control your HBP, are you now an addict on that med? What about cholesterol medication, are you an addict because you need it everyday? The answer is obviously no because we are treating the underlying cause. Just as controlled substances are. Its obvious that some old and outdated nurses need to get out from behind magazine stories and get back to floor nursing and see what current bedside nursing is today

That would apply to the "nurses" that have been on these boards for 20-30 years. They have no concept of reality. The situations nurses are actually working in, the clients they deal with, etc. And, the board is the worst example of the "nurses that eat their young". No sour grapes. It is the truth

anamcara517

86 months ago

Hello again NC,
If you have read through this forum then you have seen my many posts....my story like the others is heartbreaking...this has cost me well over 600 THOUSAND $,not to mention my dignity,spirit and passion for life.I have given 38yrs to nursing,at 58yrs old I am penniless,lost my home,no savings/investments,or health insurance for yrs now and have debt that I will never be able to pay.Despite being in my 4th yr in a monitoring program,no relapses,16months to go....my license is marked forever.I will never,ever obtain gainful employment at a decent,professional facility.I draw strength and comfort by helping any nurse who reaches out to me...1 story is more heartbreaking than the next and yes indeed you are right....I receive the most personal emails from NC,my heart just breaks it is indeed it seems to be so very harsh in your state. I am asking you to email me directly as I have so many nurses who would jump at the chance to join you in fighting these injustices.One girl has many good contacts both legal and professional,I would like to put you in contact with her.I have no finances tosupport this cause,I'm barely surviving but what I do have is plenty of free time....sadly loosing everything had a trickle down effect....family and friends have also chosen to leave my life....employers,and the nursing board it turns out are not the only 1's who no longer want anything to do with a recovering nurse/person.I'm not kidding when I say this has coat me everything,all except my generous heart and determination to do the right thing and help whenever,whereever I can...so I have plenty of time,I would love to join you in ths cause in any way that would be helpful.Please email me directly if you feel I could be of any help.May God Bless you for this,most nurses' are soo broken from all of this...the way the board and fellow nurses treat you during this process is soul shattering. patriciaboyle17@yahoo.com

ginger03 in Phoenix, Arizona

86 months ago

I went before the board about 3 weeks ago they ordered 24mos of probation, but i have not signed consent as of yet. i anticipate signing this in the next couple of weeks. Am I required to disclose this as a sanction since I have not yet signed a consent. I dont want to lie on an application, but when I put this down I get zero interviews. The one interview I got was, because they didnt ask to many questions, but with most online applications I have not been so lucky. I wonder if I will ever reclaim my career as a staff nurse in a hospital, or if this will hauntme for the rest of my life. Even with doing agency I have had some horrific experience. In one specific case they looked me up at a hospital I was working at during the investigation. The nurses said I was acting "distant" so they had taken off the floor to be interogated and drug tested. I was embarrassed and terrifed even though I knew i had done nothing wrong. Imissed a week of wok until the negative result came back. It's awful that nurse would harass you like that and get away with it. At this point I m willing to consider all employment options to get off this probation, and am thankful I have no narc stipulations. Im fortunate my attorney was able to get the BON to agree that .I can work for agency at one facility, but am doubtful I will meet the BON hour requirements.Im just hoping something will work out soon. Im glad that you made it through this situation, but have heard employers are different from state to state. Thank you so much for the advice.
-Holly-

anamcara517

86 months ago

Hi Holly,
God I feel your pain,email me directly if you like.I will ofer you and help/support I can...you will get through this you just need some guidance and someone who cares,the nursing profession sure doesn't.Take care....Pat patriciaboyle17@yahoo.com

86 months ago

I have been looking in the private sector. I have also put my resume on some search engines. It seems that any on line application is useless. The flag goes up, and I never hear back, or they say it has to be approved with the higher ups. Hey...the only thing I have is a nod...resulting in a year probationary license with the stipulations that I not work more than 40 hours a week, and a supervisor had to report MONTHLY (!) to the Board her in NC for a year. Cost me 300.00 to get the license the next year, to pay for the fact that I took it in front of a hearing (one step before an actual Board trial. I was willing to admit I nodded off, but between the incident and the time the investigator called me, someone changed many facts. Basically, lid. I had only my supervisor's statement--and she had spoken with the client that evening. And, this was 12 or more years ago! I never had trouble finding a job until recently.

Lynn in Lafayette in Broussard, Louisiana

86 months ago

yukidongo in Kernersville, North Carolina said: Thanks for that reply... They told me..."we are not the punitive agency that nurses fear". Yeah, right. If someone does the probationary license and has had a full license for so many years, and they haven't found a reason to take it away, they should be required to remove public notice of it, and I have a friend or two in the state senate. He said they work closely with the board of nursing. This was before I knew that something was showing on the license. I looked after many applications received no response. It has "charges/review", then "yes". There are no current charges against my license. The disciplinary page shows nothing, and there are two extensions listed to call for more information. I plan to call and find out exactly what they are telling prospective employers. Then, I am going to talk to the Senator, and explain to him that many good nurses are being punished long after they have their act together and after they have complied with the board's stipulations on their license. I am going to explain that the privacy act of 1976 does not permit an employer to ruin your life with information, and ask him why the board is allowed to do so. Autonomus is one thing...punitive after you comply with what they tell you to do is something altogether different. I will ask him to look into legislation that prevents any board, or employer from continuing to punish if you complete their requirements successfully... Why bother to do all they require if you are not going to be able to be employed??? I have gotten one law changed here in NC--not related to nursing, and been a part of another piece of legislation in addition to that. I think he may just help me...and in doing so, other nurses. I'll talk to him next week. This that I'm seeing so much of on here is unfair. I can't think of ANY other profession where actions seem to be so unjust. And, if I have to, I will get an attorney. Many of these nurses are from NC

Lynn in Lafayette in Broussard, Louisiana

86 months ago

Hi, Suki,

I read your comment about getting some laws changed in NC. You are so brave to tackle the issue. I agree wholeheartedly that we need to do something on a legislative level, and not just form unions. That's what I find when I find any nursing group that will stand up, is that they want you to join unions. Unions are more directed at the work place, although I do agree we don't have it so good in that department either. What I am trying to say is, that I have been looking into how to go about getting something changed in the areas of how the boards investigate, discipline, and the amount of power given them. Something needs to be done to change this, as well as the method of putting all this on public record and for how long. They really DO screw up the life of a nurse whether she's guilty or not guilty. I am on a mission to get something done. Not sure where to start but I am collecting information in the meantime. I thought I would start with the national ACLU since this is a national issue. I still think it can't hurt, although I have been told that they won't do a thing. Why is it we (nurses) cannot get help with this from anywhere? It seems that the public turns a blind eye to the situation. If you can make some headway please count me in. I will be willing to stand up with you for this cause. So if you need me in any way, don't hesitate to contact me. My email is lynnt6904@gmail.com

yukidongo in Asheville, North Carolina

86 months ago

Start with the senator for the legislature, that represents your district. State Legislature. They work with the board on legislature, but more importantly, they don't want to keep another person up on welfare in this economy. The board may not care, but the state does. It is worth a shot. I will not be able to see my friend until I get home. But, even though it may take a few weeks, I will get it done. I will post my findings on this site. There may be something we can do... I hope.

Nurse320 in Los Angeles, California

86 months ago

cbop in San Antonio, Texas said: So what do we do? How can we all help one another? I have been looking for a job now for over one year? I am so ready to give up? funny thing is - everyone needs nurses so badly, they just dont want to give anyone a second chance.
I am willing to do any kind of work - help!!!1

Hi, have you been hired anywhere yet? I know it's tough. I've been there. You can contact me for advice
at bdjsgirl@msn.com

86 months ago

I have been on the BRN probation for 2 years. I admit, as many of you know, it is damn scary and depressing. Last night I was looking on the Internet if there were any books or info regarding diversion or probational programs. I came across this site and it blew me away. I can not believe how many nurses are out there like us. That feel so discouraged, or feel like their world is crumbling all around them. I know that feeling because I was out of work for 6 months and I cried everyday. I applied to so many hospitals, clinics, etc. I am finally working and I feel so Blessed. Please have hope. DON'T GIVE UP. PLEASE DON'T GIVE UP. If someone needs advice or needs to vent, contact me. bdjsgirl@msn.com

86 months ago

ginger03 in Phoenix, Arizona said: What type of position did you get? Im signing a consent agreement to start probation and have had no luck so far in the job market. The only restrictio I have is to be on a unit with another RN, but once I put discipline on a nursing application I never hear back.

Hi, I got a nursing position in an outpt setting. I had applied to so many nursing positions and was willing to try any field in nursing. My stipulations are that I need a charge nurse always monitoring me and I can't work overtime. In addition, no home health care, no faculty position etc. I was out of work 6 months and I was even applying for unit secretary positions.

msrn in Texas

86 months ago

Has anyone here ever been accused of abusing patient that you never did but license being disciplined? Were you able to find another job? Somebody mentione about Cms is working as medical coding also prohibited?

IISONU in New Orleans, Louisiana

86 months ago

msrn in Texas said: Has anyone here ever been accused of abusing patient that you never did but license being disciplined? Were you able to find another job? Somebody mentione about Cms is working as medical coding also prohibited?

Hello msrn,
Personally, I have never been disciplined for this type of charge, but I have witnessed nurses going through this same issue. Unfortunately, this is a serious situation, and it could be handled appropriately provided that you had the right kind of representation.

Nurses that I know who have experienced allegations of being charged with patient abuse were severely disciplined in several ways and have lost their licenses. I know some who are still fighting to prove his/her innocence, but the outcome doesn't look to good.

Whatever your case may be, if you are innocent, don't give up on your job search in the health field. There are facilities that would hire you, but you have to be persistent!

Know that we are praying for your redemption, and hope that everything turns out well for you!

20yrRN in Anniston, Alabama

86 months ago

I agree! We need to push for legislation in every state but not of the type the rest of you are hoping for. I'd like to see the license of any nurse who diverts revoked for life. Yes revoked. For that matter I'd love to see diversion prosecuted for the FELONY it is. Holding a professional license or getting to work in your chosen field is a privilege not a right. Bummer that you have a "disease" but your sickness has no place in health care.
For those of you view nursing as your calling or who claim to love it, do the right thing...surrender your license and stop damaging the profession you profess to love so much. There is no nursing shortage, your aren't needed nor are you wanted by your non-drug addicted peers.

86 months ago

20yrRN in Anniston, Alabama said: I agree! We need to push for legislation in every state but not of the type the rest of you are hoping for. I'd like to see the license of any nurse who diverts revoked for life. Yes revoked. For that matter I'd love to see diversion prosecuted for the FELONY it is. Holding a professional license or getting to work in your chosen field is a privilege not a right. Bummer that you have a "disease" but your sickness has no place in health care.
For those of you view nursing as your calling or who claim to love it, do the right thing...surrender your license and stop damaging the profession you profess to love so much. There is no nursing shortage, your aren't needed nor are you wanted by your non-drug addicted peers.

I don't happen to have any drug issues... My license was turned in for vendictiveness, and they knew beforehand that they were turning in a false claim. But, even without stips, and having a full, unencumbered license, it still shows "yes" for review. It's like this. IF they don't take your license and consider you to have done your stips, after a certain period of time without charges, the charges should be removed from public eye. Convicts pay their dues, and you are exactly the example of the "nurse that eats her young". Nurses pay theirs, too, from what I've seen on here. Get a life. Go watch soaps. I'd sooner work with a recovering drug addict than the likes of YOU!

86 months ago

Lynn in Lafayette in Broussard, Louisiana said: Hi, Suki,

I read your comment about getting some laws changed in NC. You are so brave to tackle the issue. I agree wholeheartedly that we need to do something on a legislative level, and not just form unions. That's what I find when I find any nursing group that will stand up, is that they want you to join unions. Unions are more directed at the work place, although I do agree we don't have it so good in that department either. What I am trying to say is, that I have been looking into how to go about getting something changed in the areas of how the boards investigate, discipline, and the amount of power given them. Something needs to be done to change this, as well as the method of putting all this on public record and for how long. They really DO screw up the life of a nurse whether she's guilty or not guilty. I am on a mission to get something done. Not sure where to start but I am collecting information in the meantime. I thought I would start with the national ACLU since this is a national issue. I still think it can't hurt, although I have been told that they won't do a thing. Why is it we (nurses) cannot get help with this from anywhere? It seems that the public turns a blind eye to the situation. If you can make some headway please count me in. I will be willing to stand up with you for this cause. So if you need me in any way, don't hesitate to contact me. My email is lynnt6904@gmail.com

I agree. I feel that past approving the license, they should not be involved by the workplace. If the work place has a problem they have actions for discipline, and it should be left to other employers to decide if they wish to hire you or not. If, say, you cause a patient death or something of that nature, I can see them pulling your license. There are legal manners to deal with drug diversion, etc, and once you have done the stipulations, and you still have a license, charges should vanish.

86 months ago

Sasha in Los Angeles, California said: 20yrRN:

I think you deserve to have your license revoked for being a self-involved, arrogant, and elitist prick. I am ASHAMED that you are a nurse, please quit or I will pray you get fired and can never return- I would never want any of my loved ones under your care. I have met nurses like you- the ones that hate themselves and the world and always try to overcompensate for their deficits by praying on those who are in worse positions than yourself. You have NO business being a RN, I wish you would have been weeded out. Soon enough, old horse, soon enough. 20 years in this industry has made you hardened. Embittered. Ignorant. Sad. Useless. Move on and do something where you have no involvement with patient care.

Your unempathetic, arrogant, demeaning stature tells me that you also are not wanted nor are you needed by your empathetic, caring, INTELLIGENT peers. Get off this forum, dummy. Go preach to your husband who ignores you (if he hasn't already left yet), kids who don't care about you (if they haven't already left you yet), and coworkers who laugh at you behind your back and remind themselves to never become like you.

YOU ARE DISGUSTING.

Well done...! And, though my license wasn't reviewed for diversion, I'd work with any one of you guys proudly, before working with the likes of her. Been there, done that. Evil, Self righteous, hag. And, you are right, they all avoid her type at work, and laugh behind her back. Seen that, too.

msrn in Texas

86 months ago

When it comes to choosing a lawyer is it better to choose a lawyer who is an RN who defends license or is it okay to choose an administrative lawyer who have done defending nursing license before the BON?

TaylorGirl

86 months ago

I have a question for someone. I was disciplined by the MS BON for taking some non-narcotic pain medication from work on a few occasions. The board was actually told that I had diverted narcotics & was fired (totally untrue -- I actually resigned from that job for various reasons). I admitted to the board what I had done. I had to pay a $500 fine, take a class, & now have the permanent discipline on my record. There are no stipulations on my license, just discipline. The "nurses" on the board have been EXTREMELY less than helpful & are in fact confusing & rude. Anyway, my question is should I have a lot of trouble finding another job? I have only applied for 2, but have been turned down by both. They didn't say that was the reason but I highly suspect it is because the interviews go fine & then nothing. This was several years ago by the way. PLEASE HELP!!! Scared & confused!

anamcara517 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

86 months ago

TaylorGirl said: I have a question for someone. I was disciplined by the MS BON for taking some non-narcotic pain medication from work on a few occasions. The board was actually told that I had diverted narcotics & was fired (totally untrue -- I actually resigned from that job for various reasons). I admitted to the board what I had done. I had to pay a $500 fine, take a class, & now have the permanent discipline on my record. There are no stipulations on my license, just discipline. The "nurses" on the board have been EXTREMELY less than helpful & are in fact confusing & rude. Anyway, my question is should I have a lot of trouble finding another job? I have only applied for 2, but have been turned down by both. They didn't say that was the reason but I highly suspect it is because the interviews go fine & then nothing. This was several years ago by the way. PLEASE HELP!!! Scared & confused!

Hi TAYLORGIRL...pls email me DIRECTLY....tooo much to type,I have MUCH experience/information in these matters I am HAPPY to help you ANY way I can.....patriciaboyle17@yahoo.com...I'll wait to hear from you until then take care...Pat

86 months ago

I have recently been ordered to do 2 yrs of probation. I have not consented yet, but have to soon. They want me to do a chemical dependency eval, and was wondering what this entails. Has anyone one had one of these. If I sign this order I have to do whatever this chemical dependency evaluator recommends, which make me nervous that I don't know what I'm agreeing to in advance. I took a pain pill I did not have a prescription for when I had a toothache. I admitted to my mistake and regret it everyday, but can't change the past. Well was just wondering what happens during these evaluations if anyone could advise me. Can a career recover from this kind of thing?

86 months ago

I was also wondering if you surrender your license instead of probation does it affect other careers? I was thinking about moving on from this horrible experience and going to law school, but didn't know if this will bite me in the butt later.

anamcara517 in Delray Beach, Florida

86 months ago

Ginger03 in Phoenix, Arizona said: I was also wondering if you surrender your license instead of probation does it affect other careers? I was thinking about moving on from this horrible experience and going to law school, but didn't know if this will bite me in the butt later.

Hi Ginger,

email me directly...too much to type...patriciaboyle17@yahoo.com

ResQRangR in Dallas, Texas

86 months ago

Ginger03 in Phoenix, Arizona said: I have recently been ordered to do 2 yrs of probation. I have not consented yet, but have to soon. They want me to do a chemical dependency eval, and was wondering what this entails. Has anyone one had one of these. If I sign this order I have to do whatever this chemical dependency evaluator recommends, which make me nervous that I don't know what I'm agreeing to in advance. I took a pain pill I did not have a prescription for when I had a toothache. I admitted to my mistake and regret it everyday, but can't change the past. Well was just wondering what happens during these evaluations if anyone could advise me. Can a career recover from this kind of thing?

Ginger: DO NOT SIGN OR AGREE TO ANYTHING FROM YOUR BON WITHOUT AN ATTORNEY THAT SPECIALIZES IN NURSING ISSUES! If you do agree to an eval, the person evaluating you works for the board and even if you just drink milk day and night-they will require you to go into rehab. GL!

86 months ago

Ginger03 in Phoenix, Arizona said: I have recently been ordered to do 2 yrs of probation. I have not consented yet, but have to soon. They want me to do a chemical dependency eval, and was wondering what this entails. Has anyone one had one of these. If I sign this order I have to do whatever this chemical dependency evaluator recommends, which make me nervous that I don't know what I'm agreeing to in advance. I took a pain pill I did not have a prescription for when I had a toothache. I admitted to my mistake and regret it everyday, but can't change the past. Well was just wondering what happens during these evaluations if anyone could advise me. Can a career recover from this kind of thing?

Does this not just smack of BON abuse of power???? Do any of you think an attorney would have his license probated, or revoked for taking , ONE time, something for pain until he could get to a doctor or dentist? This wouldn't even stand up in court! Please...take others advice and get an attorney! An experienced attorney. Because, no, unless you can get a one on one interview before you submit an application to explain the situation, your license cannot recover from ANY board review...in a nutshell, it is forever. And, mine wasn't even drug or alcohol related, so take an attorney.

86 months ago

I had an attorney through this whole ordeal investigation took a year and a half and cost around 15,000 dollars. Even with an attorney I still ended up with probation . I took one of my dads pain pills the night before I went to work. I was up late with pain and our new baby. I was stupid went to work the next day despite being exhausted, and was drug tested because I looked tired. I self reported myself but declined the diversion program since I don't have an addiction. I was advised by my attorney to do so , and he that I would get a letter of concern or censure. A year and a half later I either have to agree to two years probation, or I can surrender my license. I'm not sure what I'm going to do, because I feel this will follow me forever in nursing and I probably will never get a decent job again

86 months ago

Ginger03 in Phoenix, Arizona said: I had an attorney through this whole ordeal investigation took a year and a half and cost around 15,000 dollars. Even with an attorney I still ended up with probation . I took one of my dads pain pills the night before I went to work. I was up late with pain and our new baby. I was stupid went to work the next day despite being exhausted, and was drug tested because I looked tired. I self reported myself but declined the diversion program since I don't have an addiction. I was advised by my attorney to do so , and he that I would get a letter of concern or censure. A year and a half later I either have to agree to two years probation, or I can surrender my license. I'm not sure what I'm going to do, because I feel this will follow me forever in nursing and I probably will never get a decent job again

Get this... I took a letter, notarized by the supposed complainant, signed by both her husband, and herself and the investigator ripped me apart, and told me I simply didn't want to take responsibility for my actions. She nearly lost her job when my attorney went over her head to the Director. She came back with a sarcastic letter, and some mention of a letter of Concern, but I never received one under separate mailing. Maybe that is why I am having so much trouble finding another job...? She better hope not, though, as I still have copies of the letter proving beyond a doubt that there was no incident, and the office was aware before they turned in my license. A lying, thieving, and extremely psychologically troubled child from next door (9 yo and niece) said I was asleep when she cam over. The Dad knew differently, but wasn't home when this child said it to the mom. She called the office, and they fired me. Then, when he got home he told her that was a lie. They called the office to straighten it out. The office still turned my license in. So, I need to do some detailed checking.

86 months ago

That sounds like a mess, and can't understand why that would reported. From my own board hearing I saw lots of nurses get in trouble for doing nothing wrong. It's like you cannot win no matter what.

86 months ago

Ginger03 in Phoenix, Arizona said: That sounds like a mess, and can't understand why that would reported. From my own board hearing I saw lots of nurses get in trouble for doing nothing wrong. It's like you cannot win no matter what.

I should have followed up, sooner, but my husband was terminally ill with non Hodgkins Lymphoma. I was just glad that they hadn't taken my license, and I had more important things on my plate. It has been my experience that these nurses on the boards have been there for 20 years, and more, and have no clue what we are up against in private duty, for one thing, but furthermore, that they simply have no contact with the real world period. They make up ridiculous "laws" and sit around with nothing to do but that. They are vindictive to say the least, and seem to take pride and joy in destroying other nurses. I, personally, do not get it. I am, and always have been a good nurse. I will be following up with another attorney in the near future. I was unaware that her "letter of concern" was enacted and received no copy of any such letter, with any reasons. That shouldn't be allowed when I took proof positive that the event that was reported was not true, and the nursing office I worked for knew it in advance. I am appalled that they are treating nurses such as yourself so cruelly. And, they seem to relish it. There has to be a way to curb their abuse. I am suppose to meet with my state senator next week. Not federal, but state legislator. Maybe you could talk to yours? I am going to see if they can't get things like this expunged. I don't think they want to keep up well trained nurses on the state tax dollar when we can't find work.

Rebecca in Joliet, Illinois

85 months ago

anamcara517 in Boca Raton, Florida said: Thanks for your post...I can soo relate.My BON nightmare began 7 SEVEN[!!]years ago,I can't seem to get out from underneath it all.Have just under 3yrs left in monitoring program[u/a's,meetings,work restrictions,fortunatly no narc restriction]it will be freakin' 9 yrs after all said and done,I'll be almost 60yrs old.I was 30yrs an RN,did coke at a party,reported to NJ BON...no joke..this has cost me 750K[3/4 MILLION dollars!!]to date,I lost EVERYTHING.So hard getting a DECENT job,FYI....drug detox centers,dialysis centers, case management ,if Vitas Hospice in your area they hire,also career colleges will hire you to teach HHA/Patient care tech classes.PS make sure you are not on data banks[see my prior post].Please feel free[ANYONE else for that matter]to email me,us "hot mess,unemployable,hopelessly addicted criminals"need to stick together in support of each other,this was the WORST thing that I have EVER had to go through,ANY help I can offer others it would be my honor!..patriciaboyle17@yahoo.com

You mentioned that if Vitas Hospice is in your area they hire? Well I only have 1 misdemeanor that I was told wasn't on my record and even when I did a background check it didn't show up. I was offered a job with Vitas but because this did come back I have been waiting for corporate to make a decision for a week and a half. I even provided documentation from my lawyer that shows it was not supposed to show up on a public record. Did you actually work for Vitas? How do you think this will turn out for me? Do you know anyone at Vitas that I could call for assistance in getting an answer? Because they offered me the job I had already given notice to my other job so now I am in limbo waiting to hear and with no income!!!!

Rebecca in Joliet, Illinois

85 months ago

I am sad to see that you have made this decision, but I can totally understand why you have. It is not right that people can judge others so harshly and not understand that people make mistakes. The only problem is that when people don't learn from their mistakes and continue making them. The world we live in is anything but fair. We are told to tell the truth but even when we do, we are punished and never forgiven. It just doesn't make sense. Good luck to you and whatever you decide to do for a career. I'm sure you will be wonderful. Have you thought about doing anything in the legal system to maybe help others who are in your situation. Maybe contact a lawyer and see about working for them and helping other nurses

THE NURSE in San Antonio, Texas

85 months ago

I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF THEIR IS ANYONE OUT THERE WITH FIRST HAND INFORMATION AS TO WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU FINISH YOUR BOARD ORDER? MY UNDERSTANDING(BY UNRELIABLE SOURCES) IS THAT I WILL STILL BE FOREVER RUINED AND THE ONLY THING THAT WILL BE DIFFERRENT IS THAT I WON'T HAVE TO GET THE UA'S AND ALL THE OTHER STIPS. I AM NOT LOOKING TO BE JUDGED OR SPAT ON. DOES ANYONE OUT THERE PERSONALLY KNOW SOMEONE WHO COMPLETED BOARD ORDER AND WHAT HAPPENS? UNFORTUNATELY THE ONLY PERSON I KNOW WHO FINISHED DIED BEFORE I COULD FIND HIM, OF A CHRONIC DISEASE.I CRY WHEN I SEE HOW THE NURSING BOARD HAS BECOME THEIR OWN GOVERNMENT. THEY TAKE OUR MONEY, OUR LIVELYHOOD AND ANYTHING ELSE THEY CAN. YES I ADMITTED I TOOK DRUGS, DOES THAT MEAN I SHOULD BE VILLIFIED ON THE INTERNET? I KNOW NURSES WHO HAVE KILLED PEOPLE AND THE HOSPITAL WILL BRUSH IT ALL UNDER THE CARPET BECAUSE THEY DON'T WANT TO GET INVOLVED, BUT REALLY DON'T WANT TO LOSE MONEY. I HAVE A LOT OF ANSWERS ABOUT BEING ON BOARD ORDER AND AM MORE THAN HAPPY TO HELP. TO COME ON THIS WEBSITE AND THROW STONES IS AMAZING! I DON'T THINK THAT PEOPLE SEE THAT NURSES HAVE DIFFICULT JOBS AND WE DON'T NEED A STRANGER COMING ON THIS "HELP/VENT/QUESTION" WEBSITE BEING THE JUDGE, JURY AND EXECUTIONER.I PRAY FOR ALL OF THE PEOPLE WHO ARE PUT ON BOARD ORDER, I AM NEARING THE END AND I WOULDN'T WISH IT ON MY WORST ENEMY

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.