Board ordered nurse

Page:  « First « Previous   35  36  37  38   

Michelle1 in Chicago, Illinois

13 days ago

If you are posting on public forums, especially ones like Indeed who are in the business of hiring nurses, it's not a good idea. I am a nurse who has been where you are. Please join the private group for nurses on nurseboards.com that you have to apply and be vetted for before you are accepted. That way you can discuss these delicate issues freely without judgment and the prying eyes of others like the board of nursing members who frequent these sites.

Here is the link for the application nurseboards.com/application-for-nurses-to-to-join-the-group-for-nurses-facing-disciplinary-action-by-the-board-and-nurses-in-recovery/

Reply

Michelle1 in Chicago, Illinois

13 days ago

Holly in Wading River, New York said: Unfortunately, w/o a little information about the "event" and what the letter from the BON said, it's hard to give any advice. If the facility was found guilty of neglect, that doesn't necessarily mean that you have any liability in this. As DON, you get your marching orders from the administrator (s). You don't say whether you were personally involved or the incident occurred while you were in house or if it occurred after hours. Based on the absence of information you provided, all I can tell you is #1., Nothing by telephone--get everything in writing and all correspondence should be in writing sent via certified, return receipt mail; #2., if the BON wants to do any "interviews" or mandate you into any "evaluations", make sure you record the entire discussion/interview/evaluation in its entirety; #3., do not agree to offer any information without reviewing documentation from the facility first with regard to the event first; #4., if you can afford it, definitely get an attorney. BON's don't pull as much crap with attorneys & know they can't threaten them into making a nurse do what the BON wants them to do.

If you are posting on public forums, especially ones like Indeed who are in the business of hiring nurses, it's not a good idea. I am a nurse who has been where you are. Please join the private group for nurses on nurseboards.com that you have to apply and be vetted for before you are accepted. That way you can discuss these delicate issues freely without judgment and the prying eyes of others like the board of nursing members who frequent these sites..

Here is the link for the application nurseboards.com/application-for-nurses-to-to-join-the-group-for-nurses-facing-disciplinary-action-by-the-board-and-nurses-in-recovery/

Reply

Michelle1 in Chicago, Illinois

13 days ago

Holly in Wading River, New York said: Unfortunately, w/o a little information about the "event" and what the letter from the BON said, it's hard to give any advice. If the facility was found guilty of neglect, that doesn't necessarily mean that you have any liability in this. As DON, you get your marching orders from the administrator (s). You don't say whether you were personally involved or the incident occurred while you were in house or if it occurred after hours. Based on the absence of information you provided, all I can tell you is #1., Nothing by telephone--get everything in writing and all correspondence should be in writing sent via certified, return receipt mail; #2., if the BON wants to do any "interviews" or mandate you into any "evaluations", make sure you record the entire discussion/interview/evaluation in its entirety; #3., do not agree to offer any information without reviewing documentation from the facility first with regard to the event first; #4., if you can afford it, definitely get an attorney. BON's don't pull as much crap with attorneys & know they can't threaten them into making a nurse do what the BON wants them to do.

..If you are posting on public forums, especially ones like Indeed who are in the business of hiring nurses, it's not a good idea. I am a nurse who has been where you are. Please join the private group for nurses on nurseboards.com that you have to apply and be vetted for before you are accepted. That way you can discuss these delicate issues freely without judgment and the prying eyes of others like the board of nursing members who frequent these sites..

Here is the link for the application nurseboards.com/application-for-nurses-to-to-join-the-group-for-nurses-facing-disciplinary-action-by-the-board-and-nurses-in-recovery/

Reply

Michelle1 in Chicago, Illinois

13 days ago

Kristine in Millers Creek, North Carolina said: I agree!!! I too would much rather work with a recovering addict who paid their dues for a mistake than to work with someone as ignorant as yourself. People make mistakes and when they recover and do what is deemed the proper action by the board of nursing and the law , they deserve a second chance. What if this were your daughter or son? would you want them to never be given a second chance. If a person is given a second chance and they once again have issues, then revoking their license may be necessary. No one is above anyone else!! This could happen to each and every one of us whether you like to acknowledge this or not. Please live life respecting others and treating others kindly. Don't be so harsh, you don't know their situation...you need to walk in another's shoes before passing judgement.

...If you are posting on public forums, especially ones like Indeed who are in the business of hiring nurses, it's not a good idea. I am a nurse who has been where you are. Please join the private group for nurses on nurseboards.com that you have to apply and be vetted for before you are accepted. That way you can discuss these delicate issues freely without judgment and the prying eyes of others like the board of nursing members who frequent these sites..

Here is the link for the application nurseboards.com/application-for-nurses-to-to-join-the-group-for-nurses-facing-disciplinary-action-by-the-board-and-nurses-in-recovery/

Reply

Michelle1 in Chicago, Illinois

13 days ago

Sittinginachair in Riverhead, New York said: In my opinion, knowing which nurses have mental health issues gives the BON an opportunity to selectively single a nurse out, even if there is no reason to. All they have to do is say that they think you are not safe to practice because of your "disorder", that you voluntarily disclosed on a renewal form, & they get you hooked into a multi-year contract that includes all kinds of stipulations: drug screens, mandatory "evaluations" & "treatment", limitations to what area of nursing you can work & only working under RN supervision. If they want your mental health records from the people you see for management of the issue, even though they are not entitled to them, if you refuse they will use that against you too. NEVER DISCLOSE ANYTHING TO THEM. NEVER "SELF REPORT" ANYTHING TO THEM. Doing so is like waving the white flag. The BON is not entitled to know anything about your medical history, including mental health. They cannot demand all nurses' medical records, including mental health records, but by innocently asking the question on the renewal application legally protects them since they consider it "voluntary" selfreporting.

Please join the private group for nurses in recovery and facing disciplinary action. You will need to apply to be accepted, but it is much smarter than discussing sensitive issues like this never know what prying eyes are reading your posts. Here is the link to apply nurseboards.com/application-for-nurses-to-to-join-the-group-for-nurses-facing-disciplinary-action-by-the-board-and-nurses-in-recovery/

Reply

Michelle1 in Chicago, Illinois

13 days ago

Lucy in Roseville, California said: Hello!
Where are you working in Sacramento? Do you know of any other RNs that have a discipline on their license?
How long have you been practicing? Please be sure to talk and meet, if possible with a good attorney. When I was undergoing this same things you are presently, I went with the premise of innocent until proven otherwise. It took three years for the board action to become a reality. What I find ironic is, if the BON finds that we a possible threats to the public, then how can they substantiate taking three years to bring our case to trial? Guess we aren’t that much of a threat! I do have a name of a good attorney. In the meantime, keep yourself clean, professional and save money. Feel free to reach out if I can be of further help! Lucy

..nurseboards.com/application-for-nurses-to-to-join-the-group-for-nurses-facing-disciplinary-action-by-the-board-and-nurses-in-recovery/

Reply

Michelle1 in Chicago, Illinois

13 days ago

Monica in Kenosha, Wisconsin said: I worked as a health aide at nursing home couldn't find long job. New resident new shift didn't know baseline they didn't have it on file. Was nervous having a anxiety attack I didn't know that at the time thought it was just nerves. Was always nervous around meds. Bubble packs not clearly marked I was an idiot and went to her area of meds thinking it was hersi checked but didn't do the 3 times check I was freaking out the moment I walked into the facility and didn't want to lose my job. I normally worked thrid shift. This was second shift. I accidently gave her gabapentinand a higher dose than she is accustomed to and at the wrong time. It was someone else's the lady usaully give in the mornings.i reported incident immediately to manager who Called her doctor and the nurse.they said she would be ok. I tried documenting but but with all the other residents oh ecking on her and my amxeoty and crying I forgot to document on her file I only did the documentation for emergency profiling and vitals and errors and the 15 minute checks. The girl who did my shift was supposed to follow up I gave her instructions next morning she was cold dead the girl never hecked on her she not only did that no one could find her. So I freaked out more cried alot and started looking for another job as the facility the sherrifs Dept and nursing association hounded me every other month for over a year . They wanted to take me to court ...I didn't have insurance for this or amoney for a lawyer so I surrendered my license. I tried getting a job at Baxter just wuality checking iv bags and meds and packing them..

....nurseboards.com/application-for-nurses-to-to-join-the-group-for-nurses-facing-disciplinary-action-by-the-board-and-nurses-in-recovery/

Reply

Michelle1 in Chicago, Illinois

13 days ago

agkane1 in Cleveland, Ohio said: Senator __________,
I am writing this letter to shed light on an excessive cruel practice that has been implemented by each state’s Board of Nursing (BON) for years. Nurses that have faced disciplinary action from their Board of Nursing often find themselves ostracized from the profession even after they have met Board of Nursing requirements of their respective state. The nursing profession is a profession where one aspires to nurture. However, nurses that have found themselves in sundry situations are often not recipients of that nurturing quality of the nursing profession.
The Board of Nursing’s primary responsibility is to protect the public. A tremendous task that they have done well. However, their administrative authority far exceeds their egregious practices that keep thousands upon thousands of nurses with restricted licenses each year from securing gainful employment even with reinstated licenses. Most nurses have spent their lives giving and serving the public and as in any profession some have made mistakes that have resulted in BON sanctions.
Nurses that are sanctioned are not given the opportunity to start over. The restrictions in most states remain on a nurse license indefinitely even if she/he has completed the board’s requirements. Many employers won’t hire nurses with restricted licenses even though they have valid licenses. Essentially, their licenses are reinstated only to be further restricted and keep the nurse on probation “indefinitely” with the Board of Nursing for each state across the nation.
nurseboards.com/application-for-nurses-to-to-join-the-group-for-nurses-facing-disciplinary-action-by-the-board-and-nurses-in-recovery/

Reply

RNindistress in Los Angeles, California

13 days ago

Lucy in Roseville, California said: Hello!
Where are you working in Sacramento? Do you know of any other RNs that have a discipline on their license?
How long have you been practicing? Please be sure to talk and meet, if possible with a good attorney. When I was undergoing this same things you are presently, I went with the premise of innocent until proven otherwise. It took three years for the board action to become a reality. What I find ironic is, if the BON finds that we a possible threats to the public, then how can they substantiate taking three years to bring our case to trial? Guess we aren’t that much of a threat! I do have a name of a good attorney. In the meantime, keep yourself clean, professional and save money. Feel free to reach out if I can be of further help! Lucy

Please email me @hunniko9025@yahoo.com

Reply

Lostincali1 in Lake Forest, California

13 days ago

Anyone know of the possibilities of getting a job in TX if my license is issued with remedial education? The lawyer I’m talking to is acting like it’s no big deal and that it will be easy to get a job?

Reply

tlove in Abingdon, Maryland

8 days ago

I think maybe we should start our own company. Most of us are in recovery, why not open a business. We are all hard working educated people. If the system doesnt like us lets show them they are wrong.

Reply

avengerrazor

20 hours ago

Cactus in Missoula, Montana said: Nursing profession and BON’s are nothing more than a group buying in to the Patriarchy/Corporate model. They treat women just like abusers do. At some point in history- this will be a class action law suit. Every person who tells me they are becoming nurs s I try to dissuade them. The profession has not empowered women and never will. They continue to eat their own. I am sorry I let my dad scare me into being a nurse.

AMEN!!!! I have said the same thing many times!!!! The BON perpetuates DRAMA and abuse!!!! To continue to have a back and forth with the BON trying to get them to believe me and running back to their requests , spending time and money,.... no longer my game. To have them propose that I fly to California and be evaluated by their physician to look into their crystal ball to see if I MIGHT become an addict is insane!!! They certainly can not prove that I am one now, due to the many negative drug tests that I have had. No these jokers are adding alcohol to the list. Who wouldn't fail their MD eval? The stress and crap that this puts us through!? Guilty of future "mights" is the verdict in every case that comes before them. I am not playing their game and paying them their ransom fees. I discourage EVERYONE that tells me that they are going into nursing. It is self abuse. I am going back to college and getting out. I am just waiting, in my home state, for the ax to fall. I will work until the OIG says I can't do it anymore. BS!!!!

Reply

avengerrazor

20 hours ago

AMEN!!!! I have said the same thing many times!!!! The BON perpetuates DRAMA and abuse!!!! To continue to have a back and forth with the BON trying to get them to believe me and running back to their requests , spending time and money,.... no longer my game. To have them propose that I fly to California and be evaluated by their physician to look into their crystal ball to see if I MIGHT become an addict is insane!!! They certainly can not prove that I am one now, due to the many negative drug tests that I have had. No these jokers are adding alcohol to the list. Who wouldn't fail their MD eval? The stress and crap that this puts us through!? Guilty of future "mights" is the verdict in every case that comes before them. I am not playing their game and paying them their ransom fees. I discourage EVERYONE that tells me that they are going into nursing. It is self abuse. I am going back to college and getting out. I am just waiting, in my home state, for the ax to fall. I will work until the OIG says I can't do it anymore. BS!!!!

Reply

RYoung in Memphis, Tennessee

19 hours ago

Uncertain future.. in Lees Summit, Missouri said:
I recently received a reprimand on my license for documentation. I had to get an attorney and the reprimand was the end result. Moving forward 5months, I have not been able to find a job. I am considering going back for my NP, but I am afraid that the reprimand on my RN license will block me from getting a job as an NP. From your post, you have graduated, but unable to find a job. Do you think that your issue with BON is playing a part in not being able to get an NP job?

Reply

TracyD930 in Blue Springs, Missouri

6 hours ago

RYoung in Memphis, Tennessee said: I recently received a reprimand on my license for documentation. I had to get an attorney and the reprimand was the end result. Moving forward 5months, I have not been able to find a job. I am considering going back for my NP, but I am afraid that the reprimand on my RN license will block me from getting a job as an NP. From your post, you have graduated, but unable to find a job. Do you think that your issue with BON is playing a part in not being able to get an NP job?

I would be crazy nervous to spend all that time and money to get your NP. Your license has a reprimand on it, are you on probation? I don't trust the BON to give you any benefit of the doubt. It sucks to think that the career you love may not be one you will be able make a living on. Where can we turn? I'm not sure.

Reply

Page:  « First « Previous   35  36  37  38   

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.