THE CON of BEING AN RN

Page:  « First « Previous   47  48  49  50   

bigdoggirl in Sparta, Tennessee

1 month ago

As I read these comments, I am always amazed at some people's lack of insight and the delusions some people live under. I know nurses in almost every state and I know maybe one that has a decent job where she has some work life balance but the pay in her job does not equal the cost of living in the area she lives. For people who think nursing pays well, I am not sure what you are comparing nursing to. In my small rural area hobby lobby starts out at 17$/hr and the rural town I am from has a factory that starts out at over 19$ an hour and both these have benefits. While it may be stressful, people's lives are not at risk or you are not being forced to commit medicare fraud and abuse on a routine basis. To compare nursing to teaching is ludicrous. While I certainly know teachers are not paid well at all and are asked to do so much more now for less and are put in harms way in many instances, it certainly does not compare to being a nurse. There are not an abundance of jobs. They post an abundance of jobs and many go unfilled. To say that home care is better than a hospital obviously is said by someone who hasn't worked it. If you want to wear out your own vehicle and work day and night and not get paid for half the work you are doing then by all means, go to homecare. But many are leaving home care like crazy and going back to hospitals. They are offering sign on bonuses at all home care agencies in my small area of 3-5000$ for a reason. AS far as the Asinine assumption and statement that a nurse who isn't happy should try a different area is a joke. It's all the same. As for the statement about unions, there are unions in a few places. Most nurses aren't going to form unions especially in a rural area as they will be blacklisted and will be unable to find a job there if they do. While relocation sounds good, that isn't always possible. run from this profession.

Bindy in Norristown, Pennsylvania

22 days ago

Warning in Riverton, New Jersey said:

I graduated from a ASN program 16 yrs ago and have been an ER nurse for 15 yrs. I passed the same boards as a 4 yr degree student. Incompetence does not last for 15 yrs in an ER. Perhaps you are mistaken about those ” interesting people ”.

Page:  « First « Previous   47  48  49  50   

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.