Refresher Courses

Page:  « First « Previous   6  7  8  9   

AllieWinkster in Scottsdale, Arizona

3 months ago

Dawn, Thank you again!! I think I’m definitely looking to take the course! I’m just looking to see whether I should get my bsn instead or just take the refresher! I have my ad, and I know they want a bsn now.

Dawnett in Humble, Texas

3 months ago

DEFINATELY BSN!

VDenner in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

3 months ago

Judy in Vidor, Texas said: Ok we have New York, California and Texas. We need good orientation/refresher courses. It is worth the investment . The nurses that are working, please pass this on at your jobs. There are many nurses that are ready to go to work.

www.NurseRefresher.com

3 months ago

What about Phoenix?!?! Lol

joanRN in Scottsdale, Arizona

3 months ago

south dakota state university has an on-line refresher course that allows you to go at your own pace NO MATTER WHERE YOU LIVE!

3 months ago

Thank you Joan! I’m looking into that!

MotownMadonna in Aliso Viejo, California

2 months ago

AllieWinkster in Scottsdale, Arizona said: So glad to have found that I'm not alone! I live in Phoenix, and have been an RN for 25 yrs in the Operating Room, but haven't worked for the last 5 yrs, because when I got no interviews, due to taking time off, I kind of gave up. Now my license is up for renewal in 4/19, and I won't be able to renew it without taking a refresher course, but after reading some of these posts, I'm feeling discouraged! Maybe it's not worth it. Any suggestions would be most appreciated!

Don't give up, I went back to school and earned by BSN. I have been getting job offers. I received a job offer from BCBS of Michigan via a nursing agency. I have been receiving other offers, it is just a matter of time. I went to Chamberlain University online. The thing I suggest is complete all the liberal arts requirements first. You can complete the course in a year. I fell in love with nursing all over again, and I plan to further my education. I really have a passion for teaching nursing students.

I want to stay abreast of the latest changes in the nursing field. Nursing is a valuable profession. There are a number of options for us, including research, writing, education, case management but we have to earn higher degrees or stay with an employer that offers opportunities for advancement.
Don't get discouraged, just further your education. The more education we obtain the better job opportunities. Even self employment, like own a nursing agency, nursing consultant agency, do medical billing/ chart reviews from home. etc

Minzinna1967 in Tampa, Florida

2 months ago

destcyr in Portland, Connecticut said: I totally agree with you. But I can't work per diem it would cut off my unemployment and I wouldn't get any benefits, ie health insurance . On a per diem basis i could work 4 days one week , none the next week, one the week after etc..... I need a consistent salary. I am a single mom with 2 kids in college . I, luckily, have a home and car and all the expenses that go along with owning it and car payments(which I need in order to hopefully get a job) it is scary and the longer you don't work the rustier you get. I totally agree that hospitals should just have a 3 month orientation and because we still have some medical knowledge, we should be able to do it. it's sooooo frustrating out there, and Connecticut seems to be the worse!

I am in the same boat as you. It is so frustrating and scary.

MotownMadonna in Saint Paul, Minnesota

2 months ago

nurseval@*****.*** in Ormond Beach, Florida said: KANE EDUCATIONAL SEMINARS out of Florida has a two day (1 day Nurse Refresher and 1 day IV Certification) that is set up like a practice lab . All students get to do trach care, suctioning, inserting foleys, central line dressing change, starting IV's and a lot more. It is a good confidence builder. I would suggest Kaplans's NCLX RN-Review for theory.
Kane's website is NurseRefresher.com

All nurses need to demand the American Nurse Association do something about this issue. Our jobs should be more secure. The shortage of nurses ought to be suffice for employers to offer better orientation for nurses. The problem is employment laws do not protect us from harassment, discrimination and work place violations. Some conditions in health care are not safe to work. Inexperienced nurses or nurses working on a VISA make it hard for American nurses to be assertive and make significant improvement in the quality of care or working conditions.

MotownMadonna in Edmond, Oklahoma

2 months ago

Motown Madonna in Saint Clair Shores, Michigan said: I am interested in research nursing. Will be sending you an email.

FYI I am now compelled to become a Legal Nurse Consultant! I vow to work for us, the law intrigues me. Can I do something to make job opportunities for nurses returning to the workforce, less frustrating. Praying I can because I love the nursing field and we need experienced nurses for the safety and well being of the patient population.

ErikaRN in Breaux Bridge, Louisiana

14 days ago

Ennever in Cambridge, Massachusetts said: South Dakota had a 1 year self-study program tht is about $500.

The course is now $1500

jamacyn in Chicago, Illinois

9 days ago

joanRN in Scottsdale, Arizona said: Allie!! they are SCREAMING for OR nurses! and paying sign-on bonuses! take the refresher! it was easy!! i did it remotely...at your own pace...read a bunch and take a test...go at your own pace...i finished in a few months, but i was dedicated. then do the clinicals-i think it was 40 hours or so?? i did it at sdstate.edu while living in Chicago. don't delay if you only have till April! it was one of the best decisions i ever made.
joankiser@hotmail.com

Joan, I am in the midst of restoring my license after staying home with my kids for the last 15 years (and yes I had to retake the NCLEX...which I passed thanks to Saunder's comprehensive NCLEX review and Nurse Sarah on youtube). After your on-line refresher course with South Dakota, which I am about to look up, did you do your clinical downtown Chicago or Chicago area?

joanRN in Scottsdale, Arizona

3 days ago

congratulations on passing NCLEX!!!! i had to do my clinicals in a state i was licensed in...which was not Illinois. i was licensed in other states so i chose Minnesota to go do my clinicals...which were easy!! best of luck to you!!!

jamacyn in Chicago, Illinois

3 days ago

joanRN in Scottsdale, Arizona said: congratulations on passing NCLEX!!!! i had to do my clinicals in a state i was licensed in...which was not Illinois. i was licensed in other states so i chose Minnesota to go do my clinicals...which were easy!! best of luck to you!!!

Thank you, I look forward to being back on the floor!

Page:  « First « Previous   6  7  8  9   

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.