Want to leave nursing, advice please

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Page:  « First « Previous   12  13  14  15   

Stay put grass not greener in Woodbridge, Virginia

22 days ago

Stay with the public health nurse job. Hospital nursing sucks.

Help

22 days ago

I know but there has to be other options out there besides hospital and public health?...I feel like I'm losing all my nursing knowledge just working for a lead poisoning program... any other suggestions??

22 days ago

Help said: I know but there has to be other options out there besides hospital and public health?...I feel like I'm losing all my nursing knowledge just working for a lead poisoning program... any other suggestions??

Problem is, where will you get the acute care experience without working in a Hospital? It will be hard. I had to start out in a nursing home, then rehab and finally hospital. I hope to just give medical advice over the phone. Your time away from bedside and school has been too long unless you are willing to work your way up, which is pure helz.. and no guarantee.

Help

22 days ago

There has to be other opportunities besides just hospital work, like case management, research, etc, I just don't know where to find them?

Chris in Miami, Florida

13 days ago

TempM in Lumberton, North Carolina said: Not a nurse here, but do not all those math and science courses lend way to transitioning into something else in the STEM field? That is if one enjoy math and science. Best wishes, and I mean that. I have been looking at a variety of posts today from people in different fields who are transitioning careers, as I am doing so myself, and for me it has been a rewarding process filled with hope and fearlessness.

Hi are you transitioning into the stem field as well?

8 days ago

Chris in Miami, Florida said: Hi are you transitioning into the stem field as well?

She will need to take higher level math and science to really get something better than nursing.

Page:  « First « Previous   12  13  14  15   

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.