Bachelor's Degree

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (151 to 153 of 153)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4   

ashleymls in Luverne, Alabama

65 months ago

Hello,
I am a 27yr old Medical Laboratory Scientist certified by the American Society for
Clinical Pathology with 3 yrs of experience. Most of my patient contact comes from phlebotomy. I graduated with a BS in biology in 2007 with an overall GPA of 3.49, and then completed a 1yr accredited Medical Technology program in 2010. It took me a couple of yrs to really figure out what I wanted to do with my life, working as a restaurant manager and then an environmental field analyst before getting into the medical field. I became interested in the PA profession while completing my medical technology internship, and I have the prerequisites to apply to some PA schools in the country. My only concern is that I entered college in 2003, and I have noticed that most PA schools have a time limit on science prerequisites. So I am going to apply to the PA schools that do not have a time limit . Right now I have about 8 schools in mind. I am going to start shadowing in January. I took the GRE last yr and scored 1109, but I have to retake it because I skipped out on the analytical portion. I feel like I could also improve my overall score. I am hoping that my completion of a medical technology internship/program and having more than 6000 hrs of experience will be noticed more than the fact that has been 7-10yrs since I have taken the prerequisites. I was just curious to see if anyone had a similar story to mine and if anyone has any advice? I plan to apply next yr for the 2014 class. Some of the schools I am planning to apply to is USA in AL, South University in GA and FL, Campbell University in NC, Quinnipiac University in CT, UT Southwestern in TX, Anne-Arundel in MD, and a couple more.

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

Antoinette in Port Saint Lucie, Florida

64 months ago

mattfl. in Jacksonville, Florida said: I need some help here.
What was the school that offered this in Florida?

I have recently decided after a career in real estate that being a PA has always been a goal and a life passion of mine. I am 31 years old and I don't think I can go to school for another 4 years and not work full time . I have begun classes again and will complete my bachelors by this summer. I only needed electives to finish so I elected to take A&P 1 and 2 and next semester probably Chem and Micro Bio. to finish up. I am completely prepared to live off of loans and part time work for two years to complete my dream and do something that I can be proud of with the rest of my life. Ideally a bachelors in PA would be great and fit my plan very well. However I can't really find one here in Florida. I don't mind leaving the state but it will make it harder to live on small income.

Any help would be greatly appreciated and if anyone knows of a school that might work for an associates or bachelors program.

I really don't want to settle for like a Physical therapy assistant or occupational therapy assistant program

PLEASE HELP
FEEL FREE TO EMAIL ME AT MAS8611@MSN.COM

FAU's website shows the PA schools available in Florida, although FAU doesn't offer the program itself.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

ProspectiveCLSApplicant in Davis, California

12 months ago

Hi amberlilwood, I'm interested in learning more about how your sister was able to do chemical engineering and be accepted into pa school. It's a very hard major and can kill gpa. I'm a sophomore at UC Davis and planning to switch from biochem to chemical engineering. But I don't know if I can handle it and whether to risk a low gpa. Any insights from you or your sister would be appreciated! Ralphng17@gmail.com. Thanks!

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4   

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.