PA with a Doctorate in Chiropractic

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Ryan7 in Mount Pleasant, South Carolina

79 months ago

I have a doctorate in chiropractic and practiced for 3 years, however; I have been in surgical sales for the last 7 years. I miss the contact that I had with my patients and have been considering going back to school for a PA master's. The doctors that I work with recommend this field as well. I have worked predominately with neurosurgeons and ortho doctors in the hospital setting. My question is this, do you feel that this would be a smart move for me and would my experience make me more marketable? I do not want to return to chiropractic for multiple reasons but do believe that I could provide a benefit to patients with my background and experience. Thank you for any advice that you can give me.

sdoc in Lake Saint Louis, Missouri

72 months ago

Hello,

I am considering the same thing.(for multiple reasons) Was wondering any progress with your situation. Most of my friends who I graduated from DC "school" with are taking different paths, some PA and some DO/MD. Both have told me they get negative responses during the interview process from having the DC degree (of course). They say to steer away from your affiliation with chiropractic.

Thanks.

WDCW in Ballwin, Missouri

61 months ago

Have either of you applied to PA school yet, I am early in the process but have not made the final decision to just go full force and do it.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.