Tips for transportation security officer tso screener interviews.

Comments (8)

Host

Do you have any tips to help prepare for an upcoming transportation security officer tso screener interview?

Are there common interview questions that come up again and again?

Fernanda Strobel in Schaumburg, Illinois

139 months ago

How to prepare for the computarized test 1802-Transportation Security Officer (TSO) (Screener)-ORD008 ?

Please......

cae in Altoona, Pennsylvania

137 months ago

I took mine earlier today. They said 2-1/2 hr but I was done in half that.
The first part is reading comprehension. 60 questions in 60 minutes. Don't let it shake you. A short paragraph, then choice of answers. they don't try to trick you. it's not 'the best' answer. the answers are right in the paragraph. you can always mark one and return to it if you have time.

Second part went the fastest for me. It started with words, you choose a word from the list of 4 that means the same thing. Easy words. Goes fast. Then, I'm not sure how many sentences. You simply read and mark what's wrong with it. spelling, punctuation, grammar, or nothing at all.
But several of us were done with time to spare.

The last part was the object recognition. They showed several scans of the same type of object. ex: stare at cell phones for 30seconds. then they show you a bunch of scans of luggage and you have 15 seconds to see if that object is in that image scan. yes or no. that's it. Then the next grouping, like knives. Common objects each time. This part was the hardest for me. sometimes the object jumped right out. other times i would stare and stare and just not be sure.

I left. Got home and received an email sent before the test was even supposed to end.

This isn't a test to really study for. They're testing your basic vocabulary and written skills. and i'm sure they realize object recognition becomes better with experience.

good luck!

tony in Boston, Massachusetts

136 months ago

Iam going for the interview wendsday morning anyone know what they might ask

BABE in New York, New York

109 months ago

Fernanda Strobel in Schaumburg, Illinois said: How to prepare for the computarized test 1802-Transportation Security Officer (TSO) (Screener)-ORD008 ?

Please......

There is no way to study for the test...all yu need to know is ur punctuation and grammar..vocabulary....and being able to kno what a parragraph mains point is...then there's a visual test where yu try to identify different objects from images.

tom in Chandler, Arizona

107 months ago

BIG heads up. When doing your medical, do NOT mention anything about Xanax or any related drugs. I take a half pill of the smallest dose, presicribed by my doctor and guess what.....just got my notice via FedEx that I have failed. This prescription is the reason. Be forewarned. who would have known.

George in La Honda, California

34 months ago

cae in Altoona, Pennsylvania said: I took mine earlier today. They said 2-1/2 hr but I was done in half that.
The first part is reading comprehension. 60 questions in 60 minutes. Don't let it shake you. A short paragraph, then choice of answers. they don't try to trick you. it's not 'the best' answer. the answers are right in the paragraph. you can always mark one and return to it if you have time.

Second part went the fastest for me. It started with words, you choose a word from the list of 4 that means the same thing. Easy words. Goes fast. Then, I'm not sure how many sentences. You simply read and mark what's wrong with it. spelling, punctuation, grammar, or nothing at all.
But several of us were done with time to spare.

The last part was the object recognition. They showed several scans of the same type of object. ex: stare at cell phones for 30seconds. then they show you a bunch of scans of luggage and you have 15 seconds to see if that object is in that image scan. yes or no. that's it. Then the next grouping, like knives. Common objects each time. This part was the hardest for me. sometimes the object jumped right out. other times i would stare and stare and just not be sure.

I left. Got home and received an email sent before the test was even supposed to end.

This isn't a test to really study for. They're testing your basic vocabulary and written skills. and i'm sure they realize object recognition becomes better with experience.

good luck!

This was/is the best summary I've seen to date. Once I read it, I knew I was as ready as I was going to be (relief). Anxiously waiting for email now.

I took the test yesterday. It was just exactly as you described. I was stressing, combing google for x-ray material to study and found as much as I could and kept after it, but there isn't much. It really didn't matter. As you note; "this isn't a test to really study for." The first part was a breeze - but the recognition part wasn't.

Uila Tanuvasa in Salt Lake City, Utah

12 months ago

I just took the test it's not easy it was hard for me and yea I failed but I'm not giving up

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.