Average salary for waiter in NYC...

Comments (10)

NY Waiter in Sound Beach, New York

114 months ago

Ummm. I've been working in NY restaurants for 16 years, and you can make an easy 6 figures per year at the right places in NYC.

Reply

Serveron42nd in Bronx, New York

100 months ago

Does anyone know what's going on with our checks tho I work on 42nd street Applebees and inwork mornings, as servers we know tippy is our eat friend but we don't have that in the morning, working volumes on friend helps but now the state is saying we need to claim 12% of our sells, working there we're not making that, and we also claim what we tip out, we're getting taxed on money we're not making as well as their double taxing two people for the same money, when tax season comes around I ma owe the state money, my last check was at 0.00 and said I mad 1600 in two weeks working mornings with no tip added to the check!!! What can be done about this!!!???!!!!!

Reply

Tiana in New York, New York

95 months ago

NY Waiter in Sound Beach, New York said: Ummm. I've been working in NY restaurants for 16 years, and you can make an easy 6 figures per year at the right places in NYC.

AhHHH where? I just moved to NYC? I have out of state serving experience but little fine dining. Currently an RN in NYC. I deal with demanding people. Have to multiple task.

Reply

Tiana in New York, New York

95 months ago

NY Waiter in Sound Beach, New York said: Ummm. I've been working in NY restaurants for 16 years, and you can make an easy 6 figures per year at the right places in NYC.

Where at?

Reply

Pashu in Calcutta, India

94 months ago

I have an offer to join a newly opening restaurant in california, the location has not been discussed or mentioned. They are offering me $2000 per month as compensation. + accomodation and food at duty times. is this sufficent for me to relocate from India. they are offering me a sr. capt role

Please help at the earliest to enable me to take a final call.

Reply

annonamoose in Brooklyn, New York

94 months ago

NY Waiter in Sound Beach, New York said: Ummm. I've been working in NY restaurants for 16 years, and you can make an easy 6 figures per year at the right places in NYC.

What would the right places be?

Reply

Moses Lee in Bayside, New York

85 months ago

I work at Harlem, Its considered fine dining and gets pretty busy.

Avg Day of Tips per week: 120
House Pay after taxes: $30
Total is $150-200 per day

NYC Waiter

Reply

Wendy in Jackson Heights, New York

74 months ago

Moses Lee in Bayside, New York said: I work at Harlem, Its considered fine dining and gets pretty busy.

Avg Day of Tips per week: 120
House Pay after taxes: $30
Total is $150-200 per day

NYC Waiter

HI, I have no experience what to doooo I want to be a waitress!!!

Reply

BJG in Johannesburg, South Africa

53 months ago

Pashu in Calcutta, India said: I have an offer to join a newly opening restaurant in california, the location has not been discussed or mentioned. They are offering me $2000 per month as compensation . + accomodation and food at duty times. is this sufficent for me to relocate from India. they are offering me a sr. capt role

Please help at the earliest to enable me to take a final call.

what happened? Did you move to The States for this job?

Reply

Keri in Selden, New York

9 months ago

Serveron42nd in Bronx, New York said: Does anyone know what's going on with our checks tho I work on 42nd street Applebees and inwork mornings, as servers we know tippy is our eat friend but we don't have that in the morning, working volumes on friend helps but now the state is saying we need to claim 12% of our sells, working there we're not making that, and we also claim what we tip out, we're getting taxed on money we're not making as well as their double taxing two people for the same money, when tax season comes around I ma owe the state money, my last check was at 0.00 and said I mad 1600 in two weeks working mornings with no tip added to the check!!! What can be done about this!!!???!!!!!

This is wrong if that claim that 12 percent of sales u don't claim actual tips just use one or other and more note on return the error they are claiming both

Reply

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.