Does ANYONE hire inexperienced welders?

Comments (30)

anonymous in Roosevelt, Philippines

104 months ago

The very first step you have to do is think positively.
Opportunities come to those people who has positive outlook in life.

deaf welder in Everett, Washington

87 months ago

Schiz said: What a lot of places/people don't tell you is school is experience. If you put 0 years of experience on an application, they ignore the rest. If you were in school for 18months, put a year and a half, and make them read your application to find out it was schooling.

one of interviewed at Company not want to heard about school or Certificates but requires work experiences 3 yrs or more will hired welder. HR is Lady Can Be Make Easy Accept Me to take set up weld test( no exp or little work experiences) with have welder certificates,... If were that MAN of HR are big pain ass will not allowed to taking weld test; must have longer work experiences then will taking weld test!.I had experiences many cold-application asked "welder" since 3 years Graduated from training welder college for 2 half years! Think about it. I knew you are same as I have hard time to find job as same as in staffing temp service getting hard. Good luck!

tonyrobles66@*****.*** in Milwaukee, Wisconsin

82 months ago

I GOT A WELDING TRAINING AND CERTIFICATE ONE YEAR PUERTO RICO AND TWO MOTHS IN MILWAUKEE CERTIFICATE I CAN DO STICK AND MIG;TIG,WIRE WELDING;BUT LIKE I SAY YOU HAVE WORK;I JUST MAKING 8 PER HR

brownjessea@*****.*** in San Antonio, Texas

81 months ago

TulsaLatin80 in Broken Arrow, Oklahoma said: d
do you hire unexperienced welders??

Maaaaaaan!!!! Quit calling yourself "unexperienced". The tone on it is just negative! If you went to school, you are not inexperienced. In my opinion (I own a welding/fabrication business) I would love to hire someone who took the time to go to school and knows the technical side. I can teach a toddler how to mig weld but I can't make him understand what size and strength of welding rod to use on a particular piece of metal.

aboriginal in Miami, Florida

73 months ago

So what do we tell potential employers, do we say we have experience.the crazy thing is I on9w I can pass any mig, tig, fluxcore, or stick test, but everytime im honest and say I have no on the job experience I get treated like leapord.should I just lie.

JarmarSatchell in Hampton, Virginia

71 months ago

I am a recent graduate from the Eastern Shore Community College in Virginia. I bust my ass for a year and a half have 8 certifications for different processes and positions and every time I apply for a job/career I get knocked down. It's very discouraging because I don't weld like a student out of college. Welders who see my work think that I been welding for years but that doesn't mean anything to these companies who continue to tell me that I need 4 to 5 years shipboard experience. When I attended school they was explaining how welders are in need but the instructor failed to say that you need at least 5 years experience. It really doesn't matter to them as long as they get their government grants and continue to collect their paycheck. It makes me so pissed because I'm very passionate about welding I want this to be my career but by the time a job do call I will be than lost my skill. With welding you can't just sit around because your skill will downgrade and than that means that you just wasted your time for nothing. All I do is fill out apps and do cold calls and that gets me no where just a few more grey strands of hair at the age of 33. When I wake up at 7:00AM I'm filling out apps and sending resumes off non stop all the way until 2:30AM 24/7. I would drive to these companies everyday but unfortunately there is a $17 toll to cross the Bay bridge which is ridiculous and if I do that 5 days a week that's a total of $85 not including gas. What is a brother to do?

Wench Deal in Newyork, United States minor outlying islands

68 months ago

Eastern Canadian Manufacturers are flying everywhere throughout the planet to find welders... Provided that you're ready to think outside the US you will find welding employments.

www.cairnssteel.com.au/

RossT in Calgary, Alberta

66 months ago

Zxcvasdf in Tulsa, Oklahoma said: Over 1 month ago I graduated from Tulsa Welding School. Since then, I've done everything I can think of to find work, but because I have no prior workplace welding experience, NO ONE will even interview me or allow me to take a weld test, they simply tell me I'm not what they're looking for. My situation is that I need experience to get work, I need work to get experience. What do I need to do to even get a chance at a job?

Did you visit your local Union? Move to North Dakota! :D Get on doing some Pipeline work! :D

RossT in Calgary, Alberta

66 months ago

JarmarSatchell in Hampton, Virginia said: I am a recent graduate from the Eastern Shore Community College in Virginia. I bust my ass for a year and a half have 8 certifications for different processes and positions and every time I apply for a job/career I get knocked down. It's very discouraging because I don't weld like a student out of college. Welders who see my work think that I been welding for years but that doesn't mean anything to these companies who continue to tell me that I need 4 to 5 years shipboard experience. When I attended school they was explaining how welders are in need but the instructor failed to say that you need at least 5 years experience. It really doesn't matter to them as long as they get their government grants and continue to collect their paycheck. It makes me so pissed because I'm very passionate about welding I want this to be my career but by the time a job do call I will be than lost my skill. With welding you can't just sit around because your skill will downgrade and than that means that you just wasted your time for nothing. All I do is fill out apps and do cold calls and that gets me no where just a few more grey strands of hair at the age of 33. When I wake up at 7:00AM I'm filling out apps and sending resumes off non stop all the way until 2:30AM 24/7. I would drive to these companies everyday but unfortunately there is a $17 toll to cross the Bay bridge which is ridiculous and if I do that 5 days a week that's a total of $85 not including gas. What is a brother to do?

MOVE TO NORTH DAKOTA! :D Visit your local Boilermaker Union! Don't be afraid to get in with a Union. Once you join, you can leave, and always come back later on, or stay with them for a while. Point is, get your foot in the door. Either on Pipeline work or through the union to work with Pipefitters or Boilermakers. Recommend Boilermakers.

DaleETI in Warren, Ohio

63 months ago

I am currently enrolled in a Combination Welding & Pipefitting program with 7 months left. I have to say this all was certainly helpful though a bit upsetting. I wonder if I'm looking at the same obstacles, I'll be sure to have some very pointed questions for my iinstructors as well as the main office. Good luck and stay sharp.

TWS Student in Tulsa, Oklahoma

61 months ago

I agree with the comments about Tulsa Welding School. The recruiters make promises they don't even attempt to keep. Maybe the problem is only with the recruiters so you go into it expecting too much, but most of the students in my class (including me) were disappointed. All of the office people are TERRIBLE to talk to and act like all you are is an interruption to their day. The shop instructors are mostly helpful and will teach you as much as they can in the short time they have you (new instructor every three weeks) so you do learn to weld and you learn a little bit about layouts, blueprints, etc. but its pretty much just learning the most common weld tests you will take. Just don't expect any more than that.

Jennifer M in Houston, Texas

61 months ago

I am looking for experienced Welders and Fitters who are interested in offshore work. Must live in TX, LA, MS, and be able to provide own transportation to crew change. MUST have US Passport.

Please contact Jennifer.Massari@spencer-ogden.com

CEH in Danville, Virginia

21 months ago

We always need experienced welders and beginning welders and multi-tasking workers that work hard. We are located in Philadelphia, PA, NY (Buffalo, Long Island), Maryland, and Virginia. Hotel is paid for and always close to job site. Email chowell@chatmosscable.com if interested. Serious Inquiries Only Please.

Blakeash785 in SAN Bernardino, California

17 months ago

I really enjoy welding, all I have is about 1 year of experience in high school, and that was just the basics, I learned to weld oxy-acetylene, stick mig and tig, but I'm finding it hard to find anywhere that might even consider taking me, any thoughts suggestions?

Trey Stewart in Plaquemine, Louisiana

17 months ago

I'm in school currently at BRCC, I've only passed fillet 1f 2f 3f 4f ,,and 1g 2g 3g plate and 1g 2g pipe,,,I have a steady hand and would like to,do,some fabrication work for hood time and work ,,,I'm applying for pipe 2g 5g,6g in the spring next year,, I have no employment and willing to take a structure test outta state .,, I need someone to take me under their wings ,so i can further,my career,,

mike welds in Altamonte Springs, Florida

16 months ago

im 8 years in, just hang on be strong i din get a job welding till two years after school my buddy got me an interview and i shined. Sometimes its who you know more then what. I suggest believe it or not call every business metal related in your city and you might just have a job tomorrow. grind hard on your first 5 years then let your experience do more work then your back, get two years in first job and jump if they aint paying get at least a dollar or two more and jump a year later after that if you aint getin paid what your worth. im 8 years in and im at 20$ an hour which when you get there it wasent why you joined i heard 40bucks an hour,lol got my ass but no regrets florida right to pimp state. Now im fabricating not just welding, big difference. i go weeks with out welding just tacking and fit up hope this helps. Also you dont want to back track but never burn bridges its nice to have that crap happens card.

mike welds in Altamonte Springs, Florida

16 months ago

mike welds in Altamonte Springs, Florida said: im 8 years in, just hang on be strong i din get a job welding till two years after school my buddy got me an interview and i shined. Sometimes its who you know more then what. I suggest believe it or not call every business metal related in your city and you might just have a job tomorrow. grind hard on your first 5 years then let your experience do more work then your back, get two years in first job and jump if they aint paying get at least a dollar or two more and jump a year later after that if you aint getin paid what your worth. im 8 years in and im at 20$ an hour which when you get there it wasent why you joined i heard 40bucks an hour,lol got my ass but no regrets florida right to pimp state. Now im fabricating not just welding, big difference. i go weeks with out welding just tacking and fit up hope this helps. Also you dont want to back track but never burn bridges its nice to have that crap happens card.

the more you learn the more you earn and it aint all about the money are you enjoying your work is worth 5 bucks an hour to me.

Jake p in Austin, Texas

13 months ago

If you live in Austin Texas or close to dripping springs there is a fab factory just started there as a yard dog operating a crane they love to train ppl no experience or school go over there at the end of your shift and practice they will put you as a welder once you weld good company patriot erectors inc they have them in other places too

Andrea

13 months ago

We do, we hire anyone willing to work hard & willing to learn. If you think you already know everything then we dont want you.

Vince in Louisiana

12 months ago

I'm currently in school. I know Stick, flux, tig and mig in 4G postion but I don't graduate until December. By then I'll also have pipe under my belt. I was hoping you could give me more information on the company location. I'm looking to start working ASAP.

Quality Tank & Construction

12 months ago

I think to many people spend alot of time and money aquiring certs & schooling. There are shops out there that teach in house. Real experience is important but to get it you have to start at the bottom. I have yet to see an ace x-ray welder right out if school. Its an art you acquire over time.
We have a large shortage of welders right now.if your not finding work you'll need to look in cities of industry. Red States!

Pedrom92 in Georgetown, Texas

11 months ago

Jake p in Austin, Texas said: If you live in Austin Texas or close to dripping springs there is a fab factory just started there as a yard dog operating a crane they love to train ppl no experience or school go over there at the end of your shift and practice they will put you as a welder once you weld good company patriot erectors inc they have them in other places too

Hey Jake I was wanting to know what the shop is called and if they are still hiring. I live in Georgetown but I can make a commute I had schooling as well from tstc still looking for a job!
Thanks Pedro

Vc Campbell in Winter Haven, Florida

11 months ago

Hi im looking to go into the welding industry i have no experience or schooling i work very hard at anything i do. Do anybody know a company thats willing to train me how to weld long as i work for them i am willing to relocate if necessary

BNWF in Brookville, Pennsylvania

11 months ago

Yes, Miller Welding in Brookville PA just opened their own Welding School. If you get hired by them they will train you for free.

Blakeash785 in SAN Bernardino, California

11 months ago

So anyone have any ideas of company’s who train in South Carolina area, I’m currently in California, but looking to move somewhere and that seems pretty nice, I’ve had a semester in high school like 2-3 years ago any ideas ? Thanks!

Welding Dude 2019 in Sacramento, California

11 months ago

Quality Tank & Construction said: I think too many people spend a lot of time and money acquiring certs & schooling. There are shops out there that teach in house. Real experience is important, but to get it you have to start at the bottom. I have yet to see an ace x-ray welder right out if school. It's an art you acquire over time.

We have a large shortage of welders right now. If you're not finding work you'll need to look in cities of industry. Red States!

I'm getting my certifications through an A.S. program here in Northern California. I'll be done in spring 2019. I've spoken to a lot of people in the industry, and, yeah, there is a lot of work out there. Top two states are California, then Texas. Third is Ohio, then Pennsylvania, then Louisiana.

States with the most welding jobs:

#1 Cali = Blue (California has the first strongest economy in the U.S. states, and the 4th strongest in the world).
#2 Texas = Red
#3 Ohio = Purple, (pretty equal)
#4 Pennsylvania = Red
#5 Louisiana = Red

Top 5 wage paying states for welders:

#1 Hawaii = Blue
#2 Alaska = Red
#3 North Dakota = Red
#4 West Virginia = Purple
#5 Wyoming = Red

Blue states are #1 in both pay, and jobs. Go blue. (Plus... who the heck wants to live in North Dakota or Louisiana when you can live in California or Hawaii???

You can look it up for yourself too. :)

qwerty1234 in Denver, Colorado

10 months ago

Welding Dude 2019 in Sacramento, California said: I'm getting my certifications through an A.S. program here in Northern California. I'll be done in spring 2019. I've spoken to a lot of people in the industry, and, yeah, there is a lot of work out there. Top two states are California, then Texas. Third is Ohio, then Pennsylvania, then Louisiana.

States with the most welding jobs:

#1 Cali = Blue (California has the first strongest economy in the U.S. states, and the 4th strongest in the world).
#2 Texas = Red
#3 Ohio = Purple, (pretty equal)
#4 Pennsylvania = Red
#5 Louisiana = Red

Top 5 wage paying states for welders:

#1 Hawaii = Blue
#2 Alaska = Red
#3 North Dakota = Red
#4 West Virginia = Purple
#5 Wyoming = Red

Blue states are #1 in both pay, and jobs. Go blue. (Plus... who the heck wants to live in North Dakota or Louisiana when you can live in California or Hawaii???

You can look it up for yourself too. :)

Yea, Cali is really on top of things. keep telling yourself its the best economy.
www.usdebtclock.org/state-debt-clocks/state-of-california-debt-clock.html

Welding Dude 2019 in Sacramento, California

10 months ago

qwerty1234 in Denver, Colorado said: Yea, Cali is really on top of things. keep telling yourself its the best economy.
www.usdebtclock.org/state-debt-clocks/state-of-california-debt-clock.html

I don't have to tell myself California is top-tier, (even by international standards compared to the other 195 nations on earth). LOL! That's a really nice animated GIF clock you have there, LOLOLOLOzzzzzzz.LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLZZZzzzz!1!!!11!!

Here are some actual informative sites... However, these sites haven't been updated since we climbed to #4 in the WORLD earlier this year. They say that we are still only #5 economy in the world. Buuuut... I guess that's ok for being a state.

www.businessinsider.com/california-economy-ranks-5th-in-the-world-beating-the-uk-2018-5

www.nytimes.com/2018/05/07/us/california-economy-growth.html

www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/rankorder/2004rank.html <---This one is PER CAPITA.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_between_U.S._states_and_countries_by_GDP_(nominal) <---This one is NOMINAL.

Eric Hayes in Virginia Beach, Virginia

9 months ago

Andrea said: We do, we hire anyone willing to work hard & willing to learn. If you think you already know everything then we dont want you.

Hi Andrea. Where are you located? I’ve been looking into switching careers (I currently own a painting company) and have always been interested in welding. Wasn’t sure if employers train or if I should get certified prior to applying. Thanks for your time.

Rex Vanderpool in Overland Park, Kansas

7 months ago

Hello all, I feel this is pointless and might be my last shot. I come from a single mom who didn't get and did an awesome job raising us kids alone, she never graduated or went to collage so this is important for me and her as well, Id be the first in my family. I have no grandparents aunts uncles my dads non exsistant for the last 14 years after my mother basically escaped with us kids in the dark one night and he is now in prison for god knows what for 20 years. She had good credit and just bought and paid off her new truck 6 years ago but then my dads bills came after her (because she showed the income)on taxes and they weren't divorced due to my dad refused to sign for years. well 10 years after they split they take all her money to pay his debts and she has no credit basically. I just turned 20, I graduated in may last year and I've been working at pizza shoppe since I was 14 regularly. Fresh out of school I applied for my loan to a welding trade school for 18 weeks and was denied due to I need a co signer. I got a prepaid secured credit card and brought myself from a 380 score to 695!!! I was so excited. I went to my bank, cap fed they don't do school loans and personally loan my moms car although its paid off and clean and pretty is 11 years old, 1 year too old for collateral. I got online, I applied again to sallie mae, I still need a co signer!! WTH??credit worthy according to Missouri welding tech is 650 score, I have average 695 and no bills other than car insurance and live with my mom!! I need help. I need a co signer I will cut off my right arm to show you Im worthy, or I need a grant, a scholarship, a loan. Its only 15,000 and im out in 18 weeks and ready for life. I feel I was born to be a welder, ive welded in school for 4 years and was top of my class, teacher sent me to comp where I won $1000 award credit, I have $900 in bank, I need 16,700 in total. Id be willing to sign a contract and work for any company out there for said amount of years at w

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.