Responsible for the pre-procedure assessment of the patient, administration of anesthesia and the post procedure recovery of the patient.
Duties AND Responsibilities:
1. Performs a pre-procedure assessment of the patient to evaluate the risk to anesthesia and the procedure to be performed.
2. Discusses the choice of anesthesia with the patient and explains the administration procedure.
3. Administers anesthesia in accordance with generally acceptable standards of medical practice.
4. Monitors the patient’s condition throughout the procedure.
5. Responds to the surgeon’s direction during the procedure and administers medications, as ordered.
6. Accompanies the patient to the recovery room, reports the status of the patient to the recovery nurse.
7. Alert to signs and symptoms of respiratory and cardiac emergencies and responds appropriately.
8. Maintains current and complete documentation in the medical record that reflects the care and service provided to the patient.
9. Participates as a member of the medical staff and adheres to the medical staff bylaws.
10. Participates as a member of a committee, as requested by the Medical Director.
Education AND Experience:
1. Currently licensed as a physician in the state of New York.
2. Meets the definition of a qualified specialist.
3. Meets all of the requirements for appointment/reappointment as a member of the medical staff.
4. Acls certification.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $165.00 to $170.00 /hour
Relocation Assistance Provided:
8 hour Only full-time employees eligible