Job Duties / Responsibilities:
1. Perform all essential chemical analysis to ensure process control in support of a reel-to-reel plating operation.
2. Utilize proven analytical methods that include the use of pH meter, hydrometer, atomic absorption (AA) spectrophotometer, thermometer, & titration equipment.
3. Enter all test results in True Chem software and alert supervisor of any conditions that exceed the established control limits.
4. Respond in a proactive manner to conditions that exceed the established control limits by re-sampling, error proofing, & communicating.
5. Utilize Hull Cell as a diagnostic qualitative troubleshooting aid
6. Maintain a supplier contact list in order to contact suppliers for technical info and guidance.
7. Audit plating lines per [website]
8. Create and organize Line Changeovers. Analyze the data in the Changeover forms once the work has been completed – The goal is to reduce setup time and improve plating line efficiency.
9. Work with the lab technicians on solution maintenance protocols as well as traceability / record keeping of when the treatments are completed/scheduled.
10. Precious Metal Utilization: This includes the mass balance calculation for each job processed, and most importantly the RC / CA for a job that does not meet the mass balance target.
11. Scrap / First Pass yield: Create a weekly report for each line defining the FPY for the previous week. Determine RC / CA for the jobs that do not meet the target.
12. Update / create Work Instructions as required.
13. Follow all International Standards that apply to IEP’s certification and QMS.
14. Follow Company policies and procedures as defined in the Interplex Employee Manual.
15. Follow safety rules and wear required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required.
16. Maintain regular and satisfactory attendance.
17. Perform work outside of normal work hours as required.
18. Other duties as assigned.
Education /Skills /Qualifications:
1. Must have a Bachelor of Science Degree in Chemical Engineering.
2. Must read, write and communicate in English as it relates to this position and safety.
3. Must have 0-2 years of Chemical Laboratory or relevant Industrial experience.
4. Must successfully complete 90-day probationary period.
5. Effective communication skills both oral and written.
6. Effective listening skills.
7. Time management skills with the ability to prioritize workload.
8. Demonstrated organizational skills with the ability to multi-task when required.
9. Self-starter with initiative and drive for continuous improvement.
10. Administrative & Record-Keeping skills.
11. Advanced computer skills & knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, & PowerPoint.
12. Able to follow proper procedures / protocols for working with chemicals in a fast-paced Mfg. environment.
13. Use of graduates, scales, & miscellaneous apparatus used within the Chem. Lab.
14. Advanced mathematical skills.
Job Type: Full-time
Paid time off
Tuition Company Describes Its Culture as:
Detail-oriented -- quality and Monday to Friday