What Does a Digital Marketing Specialist Do?
Digital Marketing Specialists typically work for marketing firms and corporations to provide creative solutions for brands. They work closely with the marketing department to determine unique ways to spread awareness about their company and drive product sales. Their job is to review market trends and identify one or target audiences to establish a direction for their campaigns. They may also pull data from email lists, advertisements and digital content to determine the levels of engagement each received.
Digital Marketing Specialist Skills and Qualifications
Digital Marketing Specialists should have a bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, English or other fields that enhance their ability to create original content relevant to promoting your business’s products and services. They should also have previous sales and customer service experience, in order to understand how to appeal to different audiences and seek to expand your customer base. They should have experience navigating social media such as Facebook and Instagram and understand how keywords boost marketing effectiveness. Their organizational skills can help them keep track of your company’s promotional needs and compliance requirements while producing appealing ad copy according to your specifications. Key skills include:
- Business Savvy
- Research Ability
- Digital Literacy
- Organized Work Habits
- Composition of Sales Products
- Bachelor’s Degree Related to Marketing, Business or English
Digital Marketing Specialist Salary Expectations
According to Indeed, the average Digital Marketing Specialist in the U.S. makes $60,227. This average includes three years’ worth of salary data submitted by Indeed site users who held this position. The 5,970 different salaries submitted in this period ranged from a low of $14,000 per year to a maximum of a $148,000 annual salary for those with this job title. Digital Marketers still in college may seek internships, while those who have recently graduated may accept a lower salary because they enter the field with little experience. Those IT-savvy marketing individuals who can train entry-level employees and manage projects will earn top dollar, as will those who live in higher cost-of-living spots in the U.S.
Digital Marketing Specialist Education and Training Requirements
Digital Marketing Specialists should have at least a bachelor’s degree. Preferably, their degree will allow them to enter the content-creation field with business savvy and an idea of sales techniques, as well as a working knowledge of English composition, digital resources and content-creation software. They should know how to organize themselves and keep track of competitors’ products and sales points. Research experience acquired in the course of a college education can help.
Digital Marketing Specialist Experience Requirements
An excellent Digital Marketing Specialist will have had previous experience researching and promoting products and services online via blogs, social media and website content. They will have handled email campaigns and done a wide range of sales-related research and writing. They will understand how to mesh well with a team, train and supervise subordinates or freelancers and organize large digital sales projects. Depending on experience, a digital marketer could lead your business’s advertising program or join a team of writers in a junior position.
Digital Marketing Specialist Job Description Template
We are looking for a Digital Marketing Specialist to participate in our company’s digital advertising campaigns. Your main responsibilities include monitoring online consumer behavior and working with the team to create campaigns to increase site traffic and sales. Our ideal candidate is able to proactively research market trends and create/optimize product campaigns. We would like a creative team player with a passion for digital marketing to become a pivotal part of our marketing team.
- Research advertising trends and competitors’ pricing and products
- Execute projects with the team to create content
- Contribute to the creation of creative marketing campaigns across social media, the company website, email and other platforms.
- Monitor project status
- Assist in analyzing marketing data (campaign results, conversion rates, traffic etc.) to help shape future marketing strategies
- Create reports on the growth and analytics of campaigns
- Work with outside vendors to supplement the work as needed
- Proven experience as a digital marketing specialist or similar role
- Thorough understanding of marketing elements (including traditional and digital marketing such as SEO/Social media etc.) and market research methods
- Demonstrable experience in marketing data analytics and tools
- Solid computer skills, including MS Office, marketing software (Adobe Creative Suite and CRM) and applications (Web analytics, Google Adwords etc.)
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS and web development tools (e.g. Dreamweaver) desired
- Well-organized and detail-oriented
- Exceptional communication and writing skills
- Commercial awareness partnered with a creative mind