Finance Manager duties and responsibilities
Finance Managers are responsible for advising an organization on how to increase profit through prudent financial practices and monitoring and enforcing compliance with finance-related laws, procedures and regulations such as tax filing and financial reporting. They often have the following duties:
- Perform financial management duties including generating financial data, compiling and submitting reports, analyzing industry trends and assessing the financial health of the company.
- Oversee the operations and development of the company’s finance departments including creating and reviewing policies, budgeting, recruiting, training and conducting regular assessments of financial procedures.
- Supervise the preparation of quarterly and annual account reconciliations, monitor and enforce compliance with tax and financial reporting standards and assist with cash flow forecasting.
- Advise colleagues and executive management on decisions related to the company’s finances.
- Supervise the documentation of the company’s financial status and forecasts.
- Mediate between the organization, employees, stakeholders, shareholders and investors on financial issues for amicable resolution of differences.
- Create strategic business plans based on the analysis of the company’s status and financial forecasts.