Manage patient health information by ensuring patient records remain accurate, complete, current, confidential, and are compliant with federal and state regulations, Hipaa, and GHC policies and procedures.
Ensure accurate and current diagnostic coding to assure appropriate billing first time, to minimize accounts receivable and improve cash flow.
1. Maintains the Diagnosis List/Sheet in the electronic system. Performs ICD coding as trained and in consultation with Nursing/Clinical Reimbursement Coordinator (CRC) or Clinical Care Manager (CCM).
2. Creates medical record for all new admissions, as directed by Director of Nursing (DN) or designee.
3. Maintains accurate order of open records, paper and electronic
4. Performs routine audits of medical records upon admission, throughout the stay, and discharge to monitor compliance with policies regarding documentation, physician visits, timeliness, etc.
5. Maintains forms/office supplies inventory, as directed by DN or designee.
6. For centers with Medication Administration Records (MARs) and Treatment Administration Records (TARs) supplied by pharmacy, communicates with the pharmacy in reference to additions/deletions of patient MARs/TARs and other pharmacy-supplied forms.
7. Processes medical record requests
8. Maintains closed records in accordance with Company policies and procedure
9. Responds to telephone inquiries concerning medical records and may respond to correspondence, as directed by center management.
10. Performs other duties as requested.
Specific Educational/Vocational Requirements: 1. High school graduate or [website] Experience with ICD coding preferred3. This position requires that the employee is able to read, write, speak and understand the spoken English language to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our patients and visitors at the work site when responding to their medical and physical [website] Able to communicate effectively with patients, family members, staff and external requestors of medical records and/or information5. Sufficient computer skills to perform duties6. Verification of the TST (tuberculin skin test) and results as required by state law and in accordance with Company policy; if required, the TST will be administered at the work site7. Successful completion of the Company training program upon hire to position
Sharon Care Center
Job Type: Full-time
medical records: 1 year (Preferred)
Paid time off
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
Monday to No