Csea, one of New York’s leading public employee unions, is seeking resumes for an Employee Program Assistant/Advisor for the NYS/Csea Partnership for Education and Training. The office is located on Washington Avenue Extension in Albany, New York. The salary range is $48,857-$61,114 with excellent benefits.
The Advisor is responsible for relaying information and clarifying policies, procedures, and eligibility criteria regarding the Partnership tuition benefits program . The Advisor also provides educational advisement to a diverse group of Csea-representedemployees. An advisor assists employees in making educational decisions by collecting personal data, disseminating informationon educational resources, and making appropriate referrals. The Partnership advisor also facilitates workshops, deliverswebinars, classroom training, and provides presentations.
1. Provides advisement services via telephone and e-mail on tuition benefits and other Partnership programs, financial aid, non-traditional study, basic skills referral, and how to determine course of study, course(s) selection, and school(s) to pursue.
2. Conducts intake and follow-up phone sessions with employees. Disseminates and collects career assessment information toassist employees with developing career and education options .
3. Refers callers to additional state, education, and other programs and services.
4. Facilitates workshops, delivers webinars, classroom training, and provides presentations.
5. Assists with revising and editing of advisement written resources, webinars and workshops as needed, including website andon-line material.
6. Periodically develops success stories for inclusion on the Partnership's website.
1. Serves as case manager for special programs (for example, targeted tuition, Adult Education Basics, and Applied SkilledTrades Programs). Ensures documentation on file is accurate. Provides follow-up to assess the success of participants .
2. Maintains accurate records of contacts and case management notes.
3 . Conducts informal surveys for Partnership programs when needed.
Other responsibilities include special projects and participating in regional outreach meetings to obtain feedback from stakeholders and to provide information on programs and services.
An Associate Degree from an accredited college or university and one year of experience working with adult learners providing educational and/or career advisement or coaching, maintaining a caseload, and facilitating in-person or on-line presentations .OR
Three years of experience working with adult learners providing educational and/or career advisement or coaching,managing a caseload, and facilitating in-person or on-line presentations. OR
Three years of experience working within a labor-management training and education environment. A satisfactory equivalent combination of appropriate experience andeducation as determined by the NYS & Csea Partnership for Education and Training.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university preferred. AND
Strong administrative, interpersonal, oral and written communications skills. Proven customer service skills. Ability to work independently, as well as collaboratively in a teamenvironment. Functional knowledge of Microsoft Office tools and basic database software. Ability to work with and embrace a diverse population.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $48,857.00 to $61,114.00 /year
adult learners providing advisement/coaching: 1 year (Preferred)
Associate Health Monday to Friday