How to post a job for free*
- Create your free* job posting Include the location, an industry-standard job title, and a detailed job description. Here are some pro tips on writing a great job description.
- Set your application preferences Tell us how you want to receive applications, and who needs to see them.
- Choose skills assessments Pre-screen your applicants with skills, aptitude, and personality tests.
- Select optimization preferences You can pay to Sponsor your job for improved results, or post for free without optimization.
Indeed helps the right candidates find you.
There are two ways to get your jobs on Indeed:
No career site?
Post jobs directly on Indeed
Post for free
Post jobs for free and
appear in general search results.
Pay to sponsor
Sponsor your jobs for as little as
$5/day to attract candidates faster.
Sponsor jobs from
your career site or ATS
Post for free
Jobs from your employer career site can
appear in general search results for free.
Pay to sponsor
Drive more candidates to jobs on
your career site with Sponsored Jobs.
Why sponsor your jobs
Free postings lose
visibility over time
Sponsored Jobs are 3.5X more likely to result in a hireIndeed data (worldwide)
candidates right when you post
Pay only when people
click on your jobs
How it works
People search for
jobs on Indeed
They enter keywords relevant to
their experience and background.
Jobs appear in
Indeed matches the job
description and location to
Sponsored Jobs help you hire great people faster
Sponsored Jobs get more visibility, and give you immediate access to quality candidates you can invite to apply
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Does it cost to post a job on Indeed? Posting a job on Indeed is free*. A free* Indeed job posting shows up in general search results, but you can also pay to Sponsor your jobs to attract candidates faster.
- How do I advertise a job on Indeed? To advertise a job on Indeed, log in to your employer account and create a free* or Sponsored Indeed job posting. Add a job description, select optional skills assessments to pre-screen your applicants, and choose how you’d like to receive applications.
- How do I post a job to Indeed? To post a job to Indeed, log in to your employer account and click the “Post a Job" button. Add your job description and optional screener questions to help the right candidates find you.
- Where can I post a job for free*? Post a job on Indeed for free*. Just create an account and enter your job details to get started.
- Can anyone post a job on Indeed? Posting jobs on Indeed is free* for anyone, whether or not your company has a career site. You can also pay to Sponsor your job to help attract even more candidates.
- What is a job posting? A job posting advertises a company’s open jobs. It typically includes a job title, a description of the role and company, and a list of skills, qualifications, and experience required for the role.
- How do you promote a job posting? There are several ways to promote a job posting, including sharing it on social media and paying to Sponsor your job on Indeed to get noticed by more relevant talent.
- How can I post a job for free*? Post a job for free* by signing up for an Indeed employer account and clicking the “Post a Job" button. Add important information to your job posting, like location, job title, and detailed job description to attract the right candidates.
- How do you post a job? Post a job by logging in to your employer account on Indeed and click the “Post a Job" button. Add important details to the job posting, choose any skills assessments you want included to pre-screen candidates, and select your preferences that tell us how you'd like to receive applications.
- What is the best place to post a job? The best place for posting jobs is where candidates are actively looking for new roles. Job search sites like Indeed allow you to post a job that will appear when candidates enter keywords such as job titles, experience, and skills.
- How can I advertise my job for free*? Advertise a job on Indeed by signing up for an employer account and creating a free* job posting. Just add important details to the posting and select optional skills assessments to pre-screen your applicants and find the right talent for your role.
- What is one of the best free* job posting sites? Free* sites for job posting include Indeed, a job search site that connects job seekers and employers across industries. On Indeed, employers can choose to post jobs for free* that will appear in general search listings or post a Sponsored job to reach a broader talent pool.
- Where are most jobs posted? Job postings sites include career websites, job boards, and recruiter listings. Most job postings can be found on online job boards, such as Indeed, where employers can create and post jobs to discover and connect with candidates looking for a new opportunity.
- How do you find someone's resume on Indeed? Indeed resume search gives you access to unlimited searches at no cost to you. Search for candidates by job title, skills, company and location to narrow in on the right talent for your open roles.
*Free job posting offer does not apply to job sites, all staffing agencies or certain other types of jobs at Indeed’s discretion. Terms, conditions, quality standards and usage limits apply.