Full job description
We started humbly in 1959 with eight members and $40 on deposit to serve employees of the DuPont Nylon Capital Plant in Seaford, Delaware. Over the years, we've changed names, expanded our membership base and increased our assets exponentially as a result. Today, we're Tidemark Federal Credit Union, operating with a charter that serves 15,000 members in Delaware, Maryland and beyond.
But what's never changed is our mission to improve the financial well-being of our members and provide all of the tools necessary for members to take control of their money. We're a full-service financial institution for individuals, families and businesses, equipped with all of the convenient technology members demand to manage accounts from anywhere in the world. As a not-for-profit credit union, we return as much of our profits to our members as possible in the form of lower loan rates, higher dividends on deposits and fewer fees.
There's no safer place to deposit your money than Tidemark Federal Credit Union. We're a 5-star rated financial institution by BauerFinancial, the highest possible rating from a firm that's been reporting on and analyzing the performance of U.S. banks and credit unions since 1983.
Beyond our valuable products and services, we're always looking for ways to improve life for our neighbors. Read more about the Tidemark Foundationand the good work our employees do in our communities.
The Accounting Specialist II performs a variety of duties both clerical and technical. Employees at this level are required to have a more in-depth knowledge of the Accounting/Processing functions and be highly efficient, resourceful, and detail oriented. Individual positions within this classification may be assigned to specific functional areas. Duties and assignments may overlap depending on the operational needs of the department. Employees in this position are a direct report to the Director of Accounting.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
· Directly reports to the Director of Accounting on the following duties:
- Review and process ACH and Share Draft exceptions/ Returns and Notifications of Change reports from Episys.
- Assist CFO and Director of Accounting with accounts payable by processing authorized invoices and issuing checks.
- Track official checks at all locations and reconcile daily.
- Process affidavits.
- Process Cams alerts and breach notifications for Visa Credit and Debit Cards.
- Alternate processor for the daily bank reconciliation and all corresponding reports.
- Responsible for adjustments, discrepancies, and large dollar reporting.
- Assist Member Service Representatives with processing issues.
- Processor for in-house Visa Gift Card program.
- Review and reconcile GL’s weekly and monthly as assigned.
- Monitor and process Service Events for cards, fee refunds, deposit and loan adjustments.
- Process monthly PFP, cancer reports and Harland Clarke billings.
- Maintain, balance and submit subsidiary records for IRA and backup withholding transactions bi-weekly.
- Assemble and process monthly corporate credit card statements
- Process, review, and approve wire transfers.
- Responsible for posting and reconciliation of the Tidemark Foundation account both on Episys and QuickBooks
- Working knowledge of Admin-ITC to assist branch staff.
- Reconcile subsidiary ledgers for Insubstance accounts and OREO accounts.
- Review and reconcile broker statements to month-end Finser report.
- Assist the Director of Accounting and CFO with special projects and assignments.
- Community involvement: Paid Volunteer Hours- Each eligible employee is required to have 3 hours within the current Annual Performance Review cycle. These can either be 3 concurrent hours or nonconcurrent. Unpaid Volunteer Hours- As a qualifier for the balance scorecard profit-sharing plan employees will need to complete 3 volunteer hours unpaid per year for the balance scorecard
- Working knowledge of Excel and Word.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Good communication skills, written and verbal.
- Periodic lifting of up to thirty-five pounds will be occasionally required.
- Bending, squatting, twisting, kneeling, and reaching above and below shoulder level may be occasionally required.
- Thorough knowledge of Tidemark FCU’s products and service.
- Associates degree required, bachelor’s degree preferred.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $17.00 - $19.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- What are your salary requirements?
- Do you currently smoke? Tidemark FCU has a no smoking hiring policy.
Work Location: In person