Air Operations Director
Full job description
The Oregon International Air Show is a premier aviation event that brings together aviation enthusiasts, performers, and spectators from around the world. As we continue to grow and showcase the best in aviation, we are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Air Operations Director to join our team.
The Air Operations Director will play a key role in the planning, coordination, and execution of the Oregon International Air Show. This position requires a seasoned aviation professional with a strong background in air show operations, safety, and logistical coordination. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring the seamless execution of the air show, including the coordination of aerial displays, participant logistics, and adherence to safety protocols.
Aircraft Coordination: Collaborate with air show performers, pilots, and aviation teams to coordinate their participation in the event. Ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements and safety standards.
Logistical Planning: Develop and implement comprehensive logistical plans for all air operations, including aircraft arrival and departure, ground operations, and transportation logistics.
Safety Oversight: Work closely with regulatory authorities, air traffic control, and emergency services to ensure the highest levels of safety during the air show. Develop and enforce safety protocols for all participants.
Communication and Coordination: Serve as the primary point of contact for air show participants, coordinating their schedules, accommodations, and any special requirements. Work regularly with team of volunteers in both Air Operations and Safety.
Emergency Response Planning: Develop and implement emergency response plans for potential incidents during the air show. Coordinate with local authorities and emergency services to ensure a swift and effective response.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in air show operations or a related aviation field.
- Comprehensive knowledge of aviation regulations, safety protocols, and air traffic control procedures.
- Strong organizational and project management skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work effectively with diverse teams and stakeholders.
- Crisis management and emergency response experience preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in Aviation Management, Aeronautical Science, or a related field (or equivalent experience).
The Oregon International Air Show is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and experiences.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $55,000.00 - $75,000.00 per year
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Work Location: In person