Application Support Engineer - Field Service
Full job description
Do you have a passion to make a hands-on impact while working with precision machinery? Do you love a challenge and strive to help customers solve their toughest problems? If so, we solve these types of challenges for our customers, and we are looking for people who share the same passion that we do.
You will have an opportunity to make a difference everyday at Peak Metrology. We set our focus on building surface measurement machinery for high-tech customers. You would be working with this equipment and our world wide customer base that spans many different industries.
This position focuses on customer, engineering, and manufacturing technical support. This role has exposure to every aspect of the company.
We are currently hiring an Applications Support Engineer to work out of our headquarters in Pittsburgh, PA.
An Application Support Engineer manages our customer use cases of machinery built for surface metrology processes. This position works closely with our customers and internal engineering resources to solve application-specific metrology challenges. Once the application is solved and the machines are built, this position helps customers install the equipment at their facility, train the customers how to use it, and also support ongoing application use over the life of the machinery.
- Be the expert in using and applying our equipment and software to solve customer-specific challenges
- Review customer documentation and analyze customer applications
- Interact with customers to define application requirements
- Assist in testing and qualifying customer parts by measuring them on in-house lab’s metrology equipment
- Work with sales and engineering groups to quote customer machinery and assist in the sales process
- Front and back-end customer support regarding machine hardware, software, and measurement processes
- Install and support equipment onsite at customer facilities worldwide, primarily in North America and Europe (travel up to 40%)
- While traveling this role refines customer application requirements pre-sales, participates in the machine installation and user training, and in some cases supports existing machines that are already in the field
- Customer training on equipment use
- As assigned
- 5+ years of customer application and equipment support experience, preferably with metrology equipment and/or automation equipment
- Bachelor of Science Degree (BS) in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering from an accredited college or university is preferred
- Hands on electrical and mechanical experience in diagnosing and troubleshooting machinery
- Understanding of geometric tolerances and the ability to read and interpret technical drawings
- Strong PC skills and the ability to use Google Suite products
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to participate in a multi-functional team
- Desire to work in a fast-paced and growing business
What You’ll Love About Us
We are a growing organization in an expanding market for automated machinery. This growth also means that we will continue to invest in our products and people. This leads to many opportunities for you to make an impact and learn new skills. Furthermore, we provide a flexible work environment and excellent benefits. Finally, we have built our business around our employees and strive to create a culture of excitement and inclusion that builds the future of work for our people.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $80,000.00 - $100,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
- Commission pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Pittsburgh, PA 15238: Reliably commute or willing to relocate with an employer-provided relocation package (Required)
- Customer service: 3 years (Required)
- hands-on equipment: 5 years (Preferred)
Willingness to travel:
- 25% (Required)
Work Location: One location