Assistant Director of Development
Reporting to the Chief Development Officer, the Assistant Director of Development is responsible for executing the strategies and day-to-day operations of the REED Foundation for Autism, which includes processing gifts, acknowledgements and pledge reminders, data entry, integrity and reporting, and CRM systemwide enhancements. This position also provides critical operations and event support, liaising with various REED teams, including finance, REED Academy, REED Next and Greens Do Good.
The Assistant Director is a key member of the REED Foundation team and as such, expected to collaborate with colleagues across REED’s family of programs to improve the accuracy of CRM data, to enhance the quality of reporting, and to maximize the giving and constituent engagement experience. Key duties include:
- Managing REED’s CRM database with the goal of increasing private support and constituent engagement, serving as the CRM’s system administrator, and assisting in developing constituent data related policies and procedures.
- Enter financial transactions into REED’s CRM in an accurate and timely manner, troubleshooting processing issues as they arise. Review post-gift processing data for quality control and follow up on outstanding gift activity, including matching gifts.
- Generate accurate and timely receipts/acknowledgement letters for all gifts using excel/word merge and prepare monthly pledge reminders.
- Maintain files of gift/research documents, ensuring data is captured in the CRM.
- Add and update constituent records in the CRM, ensuring the highest standards of data integrity.
- Work with the Chief Development Officer to design workflows, develop processes and procedures and create documentation to ensure clear and consistent direction for operational excellence.
- Develop, maintain, and run a suite of reports and queries to reconcile transactions, to monitor data integrity and to serve the team’s reporting needs.
- Train staff in various areas of the CRM to improve the scope of data collected in the database as well as in policies and procedures pertaining to data entry and reporting.
Manage event logistics in partnership with the Vice President for Development, ensuring a positive experience for event sponsors and attendees.
- Prepare event plans and track timeline deliverables.
- Coordinate A/V, catering, registrations, run of show, printed materials and signage, and volunteers.
- Manage technical logistics of virtual and hybrid events.
- Handle event setup and breakdown.
- Serve as the secondary contact for event inquiries, updates and communication.
Manage special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree preferred.
- Experience with CRM databases and event production.
- Experience with Excel, Word, and Google Workspace
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and demonstrated tact and diplomacy in working with a wide variety of personalities.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of professionalism, confidentiality, ethical sensitivity and discretion.
- An entrepreneurial, self-starter work ethic with the ability to independently make sounds decisions.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills with ability to create, advance and evaluate strategic initiatives.
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $55,000.00 - $65,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Please submit a cover letter with resume
Work Location: In person