Associate Director of Development
Full job description
Join a dynamic team of professionals and spend your days making exciting, rewarding things happen for young people!
The Assistant Director of Development (ADOD) works with the Director of Development (DOD) to implement a comprehensive fundraising and outreach program for the Boys & Girls Club of Newton. The ADOD will assist in managing the department’s Annual Fund efforts particularly with Annual Fund donor prospecting, cultivating, asking, and stewarding. The ADOD will identify and cultivate new individuals, businesses, and support grant writing while working with the DOD to develop a comprehensive development plan. The ADOD will co-manage the board’s Development Committee while supporting the efforts of all board members in their fundraising activities. The ADOD will be responsible for full donor database (Salesforce) management from gift recording to acknowledgements, and from generating reports to using that information in strategic ways.
- The ADOD will participate in identifying, qualifying, cultivating, asking, and stewarding annual fund donors both prospective and current.
- The ADOD will help expand individual donor giving at all levels, with specific attention to qualified prospects and current donors who give more than $1,000 annually
- With the DOD, the ADOD will build and execute a fundraising plan with actions to first identify donor prospects and bringing action through the stewardship phase.
- The ADOD will help support and co-staff the Club’s resource development committee and set the direction for all board members to participate in and succeed at their fund-raising efforts.
- The ADOD will track and strategically update regularly social media outlets, participate in website content development, and serve on the board marketing committee. The ADOD will be the liaison between the Club and our outside marketing company in support of all marketing functions Club-wide.
- The ADOD will develop fundraising strategies and concepts for fundraising successes.
- The ADOD will conduct research on current and prospective corporate, foundation, and individual donors.
- The ADOD will manage philanthropic giving and grant accounts manager’s fulfillment of all relevant grants.
- The ADOD will process donations, prepare acknowledgement letters, and other while maintaining up-to-date record keeping of all donations
- Possesses superior relationship skills
- Works well independently but can also be working as a member of a team
- Have excellent verbal and written skills
- Welcomes direction from supervisor(s)
- Can adapt to changing environments
- Have strong organizational skills, works efficiently, and effectively multi tasks
- Can work with and nurture volunteer groups
- Trustworthy, responsible, enthusiastic, creative, energetic, and dependable
Qualifications and Experience
- Four years or more of experience within a development department of a nonprofit or educational institution
- Working directly with individual giving programs, excluding events
- Grant writing experience preferred
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Publisher
- Social media savvy
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Experience with Salesforce or like nonprofit donor database preferred
- Four-year college degree helpful
- Understanding of and having a passion for philanthropy
- Submit cover letter and resume
- Candidates will be reviewed on a rolling basis
- No emails or telephone calls please
Fulltime, 40 hours per week, with some nights and weekends, based 100% working out of the West Newton office. Full benefits package including health and dental paid for at 80% by employer, life and short and long-term disability paid at 100% by employer, 2 weeks paid vacation and 401A plan paid at 5% by employer after 1 year.
The John M. Barry Boys & Girls Club of Newton has a nearly 60-year history of making a difference in the lives of young people and is the only full-service agency in Newton serving only children and teens, ages 6-18.
The John M. Barry Boys & Girls Club of Newton is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, marital status, gender identity, or national origin.
The John M. Barry Boys & Girls Club of Newton retains the right to request CORI (Criminal Offender Record Information), SORI (Sexual Offender Record Information) reports, and drug screening as a condition of employment and periodically during employment.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $70,000.00 - $75,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- 8 hour shift
- After school
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Newtonville, MA 02460: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Fundraising: 4 years (Required)
Work Location: In person