Farmers Market Vendor
Fishtown Pickle Project specializes in handcrafted, small batch, refrigerator pickles that feature culinary-inspired flavors that are extraordinary yet nostalgic. The business began as a passion project by Dietitian Niki Toscani and Chef Mike Sicinski shortly after gifting handcrafted pickles to their wedding guests in 2018. As professional foodies, both have an innate passion for good food and all things pickled.
We pride ourselves on quality and fresh, all natural ingredients sourced locally as often as possible. We are committed to our people. We celebrate diversity and creativity and strive to cultivate a productive, but fun and relaxed working environment.
Our mission is to bring people together with good food that creates joy, is kind to the earth and supports other small, independent businesses. Our core values are wellness, community, tradition and sustainability. We are a fast-growing company and were just named this year's "Best Pickles in Philadelphia" by Philadelphia Magazine! Join us as we continue to make big moves in the Mid-Atlantic region!
We're seeking a Farmers Market Host/Brand Ambassador to help promote and sell pickles at local events and farmers markets in New Jersey and Pennsylvania (within 50 miles of Philadelphia). As part of this job, you will engage and build strong relationships with both loyal and potential customers. Slingin’ pickles at farmers markets and like events is a lifeline for Fishtown Pickle Project. We’re looking for dependable, hard-working individuals with an enthusiastic personality and a passion for pickles help us sell pickles at our seasonal, all-weather markets. It is an excellent position for someone who is trustworthy and enjoys working independently while interacting with the public.
- Transporting product, tent and table display
- Set up and breakdown of table, tent and merchandise
- Engaging and educating shoppers about our pickles
- Active selling of pickles and merchandise and answering questions about our products
- Ability to work independently using sound decision making and problem solving skills
- Handling both cash and electronic transactions.
- Must be 18+ years old with a valid driver's license, insurance, and access to a mid-size vehicle.
- Lifting, carrying, moving boxes weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time mostly in outdoor conditions, rain or shine.
- Weekend availability
- Sales experience preferred, but not required. On the job training provided.
Pay: $15-16/hr with mileage reimbursement and up to 5% sales commission
Schedule: MUST be able to work 2-3 Saturdays or Sundays per month
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $15.00 - $16.00 per hour
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- 4 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
Weekly day range:
- Weekend availability
- Weekends only
COVID-19 vaccination preferred, but not required.
- Driver's License (Required)
Work Location: On the road