Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (COTA)
Full job description
The Heritage Center and Horizons Rehabilitation of Holiday Health Care adding a full-time COTA to our growing team. In this role, you will work with Med A rehab residents as well as long-term care residents throughout the skilled nursing facility.
- Mainly Monday through Friday with occasional Saturdays
- Accrue PTO upon hire and on a bi-weekly basis
- Eligible for 6 paid holidays per year
- Eligible for insurance benefits and 401K plan after 30 days of employment
- Work with an experienced team
- Graduate of accredited entry level Occupational Therapy Assistant Program
- Certified by the American Occupational Therapy Association, Inc., as designated by the initials C.O.T.A.
- Experience in long term care and membership in professional organization is preferred
- Guide the patient in the use of therapeutic, creative, and self-care activities for the purpose of improving function
- Implement rehabilitative treatment programs for patients according to the physician’s orders and the plan of treatment established by the Occupational Therapist
- Consult with the licensed Occupational Therapist and physician to provide feedback and report progress
- Plan, modify, and coordinate treatment plans with the supervising Occupational Therapist and other agency and contact facility team members, including physician, physical therapist, speech therapist, nursing staff, and social worker
- Explain and instruct the family in the individuals treatment goals and program to ensure carry-over in living arrangement and /or home
- Makes recommendations to the licensed occupational therapist regarding adaptive equipment
Holiday Health Care is a diverse health services company offering a continuum of care to multiple populations in the Tri-State area. The Holiday Health Care campus is comprised of a retirement community, nursing facility, home care company, and hospice company located on Evansville’s north side. Since 1969, Holiday Health Care has been privately owned and operated by the Dunigan family of Evansville.
“People Caring for People” has been the focus of the Holiday Health Care mission, vision, and values for over 50 years. Today, we employ over 350 staff at The Heritage Center, The Village at Holiday, Horizons Home Care, Horizons Community Care, and Heritage Hospice. Join our growing team of the finest health care professionals in the Tri-State area!
Learn more about the Heritage Center and Holiday Health Care culture by visiting our website www.holidayhealthcare.com or our Facebook page The Heritage Center & Horizons Rehabilitation
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $19.50 - $21.11 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Physical & Rehabilitation Medicine
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Weekend availability
- Are you vaccinated against COVID-19 or do you qualify for a medical or religious exemption?
- COTA (Required)
Work Location: In person