Chief Operating Officer (COO) - Nonprofit
Full job description
The Chief Operating Officer is entrusted with providing the organizational foundation that supports Vita Nova in building a bridge to independence for former foster care, LGBTQ, and other homeless youth in Palm Beach County, FL.
We believe in the power of individual transformation to lead community change. We aim to eliminate homelessness for young adults ages 18 to 25 by offering a safe place to live, as well as programs to support resilience and success through education, employment and life skills training.
Our next COO will play an important role in carrying our mission forward as youth homelessness continues to grow in Palm Beach County, where we operate a drop-in center as well as housing.
The COO reports to the Chief Executive Officer and works with Vita Nova’s Chief Financial Officer to manage program budgets, and is responsible for program and regulatory compliance, facility management, grant writing, and a robust portfolio housing and supportive services programs for youth ages 18-24. The COO must be available weekdays 9am-5pm, and some evening and weekend work required. The COO works onsite, primarily at the main office/Drop-In center location, and must have the ability to travel to and from our campus locations frequently (mainly central Palm Beach County) to meet the needs of the agency.
The COO is responsible for leading a team of 25, and directly supervising four Program Directors.
- Passionate about Vita Nova’s mission, with the ability to promote its values and build partnerships with donors and the community.
- Proven track-record of strategic leadership, preferably at least five years at a nonprofit organization.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in business, law or related field; master’s degree preferred.
- Proven ability to understand program contracts and reporting requirements with keen attention to detail and accuracy.
- Proven ability to understand programmatic data and performance outcomes.
- Exceptional professional interpersonal and communication skills, verbally and in writing.
- Able to pass a Level 2 background screening and drug screening
- Owner of a reliable vehicle, a clean driving record and ability to be added to agency’s insurance plan.
- Experience leading a team operating multiple human service contracts and programs.
- A strong foundation in the areas and practices that promote diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging, and a commitment to lead the team in ongoing professional development.
- Experienced business/government leaders who believe in the mission and vision of Vita Nova and have comparable skills and nonprofit board or volunteer experience may also be considered for this position.
1. Along with your resume, include a detailed cover letter describing how your skills, experience, and passion for the organization’s mission qualify you for the role.
2. When you submit your application, you will receive an invitation from Indeed to take two short assessments. These are mandatory for consideration. We also strongly encourage you to take advantage of the optional phone interview which is included with the assessment invitation Indeed will send you.
Note: Indeed communicates through the email address they create for you when you set up your account. Check your Indeed email so you can complete the above once you submitt your application..
Vita Nova is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug-Free Workplace.
This search is being conducted by Executive Service Corps Florida on behalf of Vita Nova.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $75,000.00 - $95,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
- Have you lived or do you live in the area and are able to reliably commute?
- Bachelor's (Required)
- Nonprofit management: 5 years (Required)
Work Location: In person