Data and Research Analyst
Full job description
Forsyth Futures is a 501(c)3 organization that conducts data analysis and research to support decision-making processes in Forsyth County. To achieve this goal, Forsyth Futures provides a suite of specialized services to assist audiences in better understanding and working with data. These activities are designed to mobilize Forsyth County’s collective problem-solving capacities for positive change.
A Forsyth Futures Data and Research Analyst is responsible for collecting, extracting, manipulating, and analyzing quantitative data. The Data and Research Analyst also formulates and communicates key research findings and evidence-based recommendations as a part of the Forsyth Futures research staff. This position is an integral part of a team of researchers and analysts supporting the Data and Research Services component of Forsyth Futures mission and works in collaboration with Forsyth Futures staff and members of the Forsyth County non-profit, philanthropic, education, health care, and local government community.
- Collaborates with other analysts to design and conduct research projects using quantitative methods.
- Collects local data and information specific to the issue areas investigated by Forsyth Futures.
- Assists with preparation and production of high quality, credible, and useful reports and other products in accordance with established deadlines.
- Works effectively in both independent and collaborative environments in a flexible, fast-paced culture.
- Maintains confidentiality of all data, information, and processes.
- MA/MS/MEd degree in a field related to the work of Forsyth Futures (education, sociology, economics, statistics, public health, health science, public policy, or another science / math discipline with research and analysis focus) or equivalent experience is strongly preferred.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience in a field related to the work of Forsyth Futures.
- Experience in research and data analysis required.
- Experience with program evaluation is desirable.
- Highly proficient in analyzing and interpreting data; able to synthesize information from a variety of sources and translate into effective and actionable reports.
- Highly proficient with MS Office, particularly Excel and PowerPoint.
- Programming experience in R is required.
- Proficiency in GitHub and version control systems like Git Bash.
CHARACTERISTICS AND ABILITIES:
- Self-motivated and resourceful with limited direction, produces tangible results, and thinks outside of the box.
- Observes and identifies patterns in data that can identify actionable insights.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; an active listener and concise presenter.
- Recognizes the importance of providing outstanding service and support to both internal and external clients.
- Makes sound decisions in a timely manner, even with limited data. Knows how to ask the right questions (at the right time) necessary to uncover key information that can unlock relevant action.
- Works well in collaborative team environments.
- Solid presentation skills with proven ability to communicate ideas and analysis results effectively, both verbally and in writing, to a technical and non-technical audience.
- Ability to work flexible hours (limited nights and weekends, as needed for events and meetings).
REPORTS TO: Executive Director and Director of Data and Research
IF INTERESTED, PLEASE MAKE SURE TO DO THE FOLLOWING:
- Submit a resume and cover letter.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
The job description does not constitute an employment contract between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $55,000.00 - $65,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Winston Salem, NC 27101: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Winston Salem, NC 27101