Database Administrator and Reporting Analyst
Database Administrator and Reporting Analyst
Please submit a cover letter and resume and, if available, an online or PDF portfolio of your work.
Who we are:
Child Care Aware of Washington is Washington’s most trusted and accessible source of information and support for families seeking quality child care and a trusted partner to child care professionals. We work alongside families, child care providers, caregivers, and communities to meet the diverse and specialized learning needs of every child in our state. We provide services via a statewide network of locally based partners, and through our Family Center and Family, Friend and Neighbor Play & Learn system. We use data and story to inﬂuence policy makers, system leaders and our partners to ensure every child in Washington has equitable access to quality learning experiences
CCA of Washington envisions a world where children and families, especially those who are marginalized, discriminated against, or otherwise ostracized because of systemic racism, have access to equitable, quality child care and early learning programs that lead families to thrive economically.
What you will be doing
The administrator’s primary responsibilities are to manage relevant databases, research and design system improvements, implement complex systems development, support user adoption, find creative technology solutions to business or technical problems, and report data and information. The administrator will work in collaboration with the Director of Data and Evaluation, the Business and Data Analyst and Child Care Aware of WA program teams. When applicable, the administrator will be the manager and primary contact for contracted partners on database revisions and improvements. As the project lead on database design projects, the administrator will consult relevant parties and make decisions about the database functionality and design. Additional responsibilities include responding to ad hoc data requests from regional staff, community partners, and program team members, analyze data, communicate about data and database functionality with non-technical audiences, and support program evaluation efforts. Primary databases/analytic tools utilized include Salesforce, FormAssembly, Qualtrics, Excel, PowerPivot, and Tableau.
Essential Job Functions
- Manage key databases, including regular maintenance and systems improvements.
- Work with programs teams to understand database utilization and research new database functionality or design (including third party apps when applicable) that optimizes database relevance and performance for those programs.
- Identify business processes that can be improved through technology and consult with stakeholders to establish recommendations and requirements for new or changing initiatives.
- Provide recommendations on refining data collection processes, reporting, design of new data systems and modifications to existing systems. Implement configuration changes to existing systems.
- Manage database system design projects with external consultants.
- Complete multiple regularly scheduled reports to funders, organizational leadership, and program staff both accurately and timely.
- Prepare ad hoc reports and analyses in response to requests or program needs.
- Develop new reports and tools for collecting, storing, and using data to operate and improve programs. Work to enhance reporting tools and processes to streamline reporting processes and timelines.
- Maintain and update user guide for data entry into various databases; develop new user guides for additional systems.
- Provide training and technical support to users of critical data systems; monitor and respond quickly and effectively to requests received from users.
- Conduct data quality monitoring and coordinate data cleanup efforts.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong data analysis and problem-solving skills
- Database administration knowledge
- Information-gathering and monitoring
- Ability to conduct research and prepare summarized reports
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects
- Passion for nonprofit, mission-driven work
- Interacts effectively with multiple levels of constituents
- Maintains confidentiality & professional judgement
- Takes initiative, works independently, maintains priorities & meets deadlines
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Engages with professional development resources to independently learn new administration and development skills for current or new databases including third party apps as needed
- Effectively navigates available support teams to solve complex technical issues
- Researches and advises on database solutions to improve business practices
- Collaborates and builds positive interpersonal relationships with internal and external partners
- Experience with Salesforce data administration. Including familiarity with custom objects, field management, page layouts, profiles and permissions, and reporting.
- Preferred experience with process builder, flows, visual force, and apex programming.
- Preferred experience with salesforce integrations with third party apps, such as FormAssembly.
- Experience with research, data analysis, and data visualization/reporting in a professional or academic setting.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, especially high proficiency in Excel.
- Experience with Tableau, statistical software, and/or other tools and systems used by CCA of WA preferred.
- Knowledge of standard research and statistical methodologies, e.g. basic research design, quantitative and qualitative data collection methods, and descriptive and inferential statistics.
- Knowledge of survey design, construction, and analysis. Qualtrics experience preferred.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a range of staff across different programs, teams, and levels (from direct service staff to organization leadership)
- Experience with customer service, end user support, and training.
- Capacity for independent, resourceful problem-solving and fast learning.
- Ability to work independently, set and maintain priorities, manage multiple tasks, and meet deadlines.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred
We will only consider candidates who live in Washington State or plan to relocate. If you live in the core geographic area of King/Pierce/Thurston counties, you will be classified as a local hire. If you live outside that area you will be classified as Geo Remote. Depending on classification there will be different expectations of remote and in-person work scheduling. All staff are required to be in-person in our Tacoma, WA physical office a minimum of 1-2 days per month and travel expenses for Geo Remote employees are reimbursable.
COVID Vaccination Requirement
Per Governor Inslee’s proclamation, state contractors in early education must be fully vaccinated condition of employment. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. If you are a selected candidate, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination. You may request an accommodation.
Opportunity for All
CCA of WA values diversity of ethnicity, race, socioeconomic status, sexual orientation, gender, religion, language, ability, and experience. We are committed to our racial equity framework which includes hiring practices that seek to disrupt systemic racism and ongoing learning, self-reflection and transparency about equity and justice in our work. You are welcome to include the name and pronoun you would like to be referred to in your materials and we will honor this as you interact with our organization.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $66,200.00 - $80,100.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
Per Governor Inslee’s proclamation, state contractors in early education must be fully vaccinated condition of employment.
- Do you have experience with Salesforce data administration? Including familiarity with custom objects, field management, page layouts, profiles and permissions, and reporting?
Work Location: One location