YWCA Carlisle & Cumberland County is seeking an energetic, engaging team member who is committed to helping move the YWCA mission forward. This candidate should have management & leadership experience in fundraising, business development, communications. This position oversees all aspects of fund development within the organization and works closely with the Executive Director and community partners to implement fundraising programs. This includes event fund raising, grant writing & management, donor database management, corporate and individual donor solicitations. Position is the lead staff member to do community outreach, PR, networking as a means to broaden the YWCA network of support. This position reports to the Executive Director.
· Research and identify grant opportunities for YWCA programs. Prepares applications for submission and follows up with all required contracts and subsequent reporting.
· Creates & implements all aspects of Annual Fund Raising Campaigns.
· Develops corporate and community relationships to generate interest and support for critical YWCA services. Maintain communication & relationship with individual and corporate donors
· Responsible for helping create and define corporate levels of giving and benefits, tracking donors and preparing necessary reports for Board and annual report.
· Coordinate all aspects of fundraising events in conjunction with committees, committee chairs and appropriate staff. Includes the development of marketing materials, event logistics & event promotion.
· Attend community/partners events to broaden the YWCA network: Chamber functions, UW functions, LC functions, PFBH functions, etc.
· Secure volunteers to serve on committees & manage fund development related committees
· Create plan for agency communications (create process and protocols) & social media to broaden the access for service
· Oversee database and database management. Oversee recording of donors for all fundraising campaigns, events and corporate sponsorships for inclusion in annual report.
· Oversee donor acknowledgements for all incoming contributions
· Participate in staff meetings and Association events as required.
· Previous experience in fund raising/grant and proposal writing – 3 yrs
· College experience
· Previous experience working in a nonprofit or in business development
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills; demonstrated ability to prepare funding proposals in a clear and compelling manner
· Strong interpersonal and speaking skills conducive to networking, building relationships and making presentations
· Proven success in implementing development job functions
· Self-motivated individual, detail oriented, organized and a strong team player
· High level of energy and time commitment for demanding events including some weekend and evening hours; valid PA driver’s license
· Knowledge and expertise in database systems, tracking donors, analyzing data, use of Access and Excel spreadsheets
· Knowledge of social media management and marketing
· Ability to maintain accurate records, databases, reporting, etc
· Commitment to YWCA Mission of Eliminating Racism and Empowering Women
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $50,000.00 - $53,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Evenings as needed
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Work Location: In person