Director of Business Development
Full job description
Want to build upon a great career? Are you a super-connector that knows how to grow business and drive marketing outcomes?
Mid Hudson Construction Management (MHCM) is hiring a Director of Business Development. We’re looking for the right person to fill this role and be part of our Hudson Valley-based, family-owned construction company. If you’re committed to excellent results and hold yourself to high standards as we do, but also value relationships and teamwork, read on.
The Director of Business Development is responsible for leading all aspects of the sales process, including systematic prospect targeting, and development of opportunity-specific sales strategy, and responsible for the full life cycle of the sales process. A growth leader who supports the efforts of the company through direct prospecting, networking, attendance, and participation with various industries, professional groups, and networking associations.
The Director of Business Development is responsible for driving the growth of our company within targeted industry segments. The Director of Business Development needs to represent all services provided by MHCM across functional areas. Must be able to work in a rapidly changing environment and provide timely, high-quality, and accurate work product.
- Partner with senior leadership to develop and manage the execution of the strategic sales goals and business objectives
- Proactively establish and maintain working relationships with end users in designated industries for sales and networking opportunities.
- Research and analyze key economic factors that may influence market activity within specific niche markets or geographic areas
- Participate in industry organizations and local business organizations to drive brand awareness and make key contacts for future opportunities.
- Generate opportunities for MHCM to bid on construction, renovation, and service projects.
- Lead and manage the business development process from ideation to completion, interfacing directly with leadership and brokers throughout the process
- Lead strategy sessions, writing of content, and edits/updates on proposals and presentations
- Conduct due diligence with clients to develop client-centric proposals and presentation materials.
- Deliver final, clean pitch and/or presentation content.
•Work closely with marketing resources to develop effective, go-to-market plans for the industries.
- Work closely with management to provide ongoing, current feedback relative to market opportunities.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 8-10 years of experience with demonstrated success in selling commercial construction services.
- Demonstrated networks and relationships that could be leveraged to identify opportunities including but not limited to architects, engineers, and other professional services.
- Excellent influence and negotiation skills.
- Must be motivated and self-disciplined.
- Strong time management skills.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $75,000.00 - $100,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location