Director of West Las Vegas Promise Neighborhood
Full job description
The Director of the WLVPN is responsible for the planning and oversight of Nevada Partners’ West Las Vegas Promise Neighborhood initiative. Key responsibilities include direct oversight of WLVPN pillar project management staff, planning and designation of project resources, preparing/managing program budgets, monitoring WLVPN progress, stakeholder cultivation and engagement. The director will support the agency overall vision by implementing community initiatives and developing strong partnerships and plan, direct, or coordinate activities designed to create or maintain a favorable public image or raise issue awareness for Nevada Partners.
This position is responsible for overseeing community partnerships/relationships at all levels – elected officials, organizational leaders, residents/participants, etc.
EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Oversee the West Las Vegas Promise Neighborhood Pillars by communicating with pillar leads, partners and ensuring goals are met.
- Host radio shows with expert guests and engaging content.
- Draft policy recommendations for the Nevada Legislature.
- Establish interpersonal business relationships to facilitate work activities.
- Manage public relations activities of multiple partners including various government services, community organizations, and other local entities.
- Write press releases and pitching for media coverage.
- Organize and manage special events such as press conferences and media events.
- Demands strong writing skills and the ability to create compelling news pitches for media.
- Includes some social media campaign management and content creation.
- Develops annual communications / marketing plans in conjunction with WLVPN.
- Track, analyze, influence, and communicate key metrics to build opportunities and experiences that create scale and meaningful value to the WLVPN.
- Lead, negotiate and execute complex, enterprise-level partnerships essential to exponentially increase funding opportunities for the WLVPN.
- Write and publish company newsletters, press releases or other marketing content as needed.
- Confer with organizational members to accomplish work activities.
- Conduct research and capture data and compile department reports to generate organizational reports.
- Organizes own work, sets priorities and meets critical deadlines; ensures that such deadlines are met by other staff, other duties as assigned.
- Develop and maintain good working relations with NPI collaborative partners, the business community, state and local government officials, community-based organizations and the local community.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Economics, Public Relations or in a field related to the work and/or a minimum of five (5) years of administrative and/or professional level experience in a non-profit setting; three (3) years of which were in a management capacity. Must possess demonstrated ability in providing direction in a non-profit setting and ability to work in a fast paced, creative and collaborative organization. Equivalent combination of formal education and appropriate related experience may be considered.
Nevada Partners complies with federal and state laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender, disability, veteran status, age or any other protected status.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $60,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- North Las Vegas, NV 89030: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Driver's License (Preferred)
Work Location: One location