Electrical Assistant Project Manager
Full job description
Electrical Department – Assistant Project Manager
Are you interested in being part of a growing company in the commercial Solar PV segment? Would you like to work with a company that has delighted commercial customers for 100 years?
Gordian Energy Systems is growing rapidly and has an immediate requirement for an Electrical Department Assistant Project Manager for the installation of commercial solar PV systems.
The Electrical Department – Assistant Project Manager reports directly to the Master Electrician and License Holder. They are responsible for planning out the electrical installations being self-performed by Gordian Energy Systems. The goal of the position is to have all work planned out and ready for the installation crews before they arrive onsite.
- Assist Master Electrician in bid review and estimating
- Review construction documents and verify that all details for the proper installation of the system can be completed. If additional details are required, work directly with the master electrician to create shop drawings for the installation crews
- Provide QAQC inspections on installation methods of the electrical crew for code compliance
- Attend weekly progress meetings with divisional project management staff
- Keep Procore Schedules, Logs, Safety Inspections, and QAQC forms up to date
- Assist Master Electrician in pulling permits, scheduling inspections, and attending inspections on behalf of the Master Electrician.
- Work with the Master Electrician to schedule crews, order material, and track job costs
- Reduction in downtime for the installation crew
- Maintaining quality standards for all installations
- Hitting manhour targets
- 3+ years Electrical Construction and project management experience
- Detail orientation sufficient to organize and manage multiple project tasks
- Possess basic understanding of construction law and generally accepted business practices
- Microsoft Office, Project and pertinent web application skills at an intermediate level
- Proven positive and professional attitude, and strong customer service skills
- Occasional travel required. This is a field-based position and you will be on site.
- Able to read and interpret architectural, civil, and structural drawings/blueprints (electrical)
Preferred, but not required:
- Familiarity with Procore Project Management Software
- Electrical License Holder in Maryland, DC, Virginia, or Delaware
- NABCEP Certification
- Solar construction experience
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $55,000.00 - $65,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Spend time on job site, with occasional travel.
- Project management: 1 year (Required)
- Electrical Construction: 2 years (Required)
Work Location: In person