Facilities Project Specialist
Full job description
POSITION SUMMARY: The Project Specialist will be working in conjunction with the project staff and the Facilities & Infrastructure team. The Project Specialist assists with the implementation of projects. Typical duties include planning, developing, implementing and evaluating projects, coordinating project activities, and collaborating with outside contractor’s staff. In addition, the Project Specialist will perform skilled building trade work at a journey-man’s skill level.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Coordinates and performs activities of skilled workers engaged in maintaining and repairing physical structures of buildings and all grounds, including, but not limited to:
o Painting and performing structural repairs to concrete, masonry, woodwork and furnishings of buildings.
o Providing maintenance and repair of residential and commercial electrical, mechanical, and plumbing systems within the Tribal Community and other Tribal properties.
o Completing minor construction and renewal projects on buildings and grounds.
o Assisting other departments as requested, including but not limited to moving furniture, unloading and storing of supplies.
- Provides field oversight of contract labor and vendors for services and monitors the fulfillment of contracts, agreements and guarantees.
- Inspects completed work of internal staff to ensure conformance to codes, specifications and standards.
- Requisition of tools, equipment and supplies as needed to complete projects.
- Estimates and schedules sub-contractors or inside labor hour requirements for completion of job assignments.
- Works with the F&I Department management to schedule in house labor, when required.
- Inputs and assigns task and work information into computerized work management system.
- Participates in post-construction discussions to ensure appropriate project completion and documentation.
- Must coordinate work with the Cultural Resources department before digging anywhere on any tribal lands.
- Leads and promotes safety and safety training.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
This job has no internal staff supervisory responsibilities. May have oversight responsibility over temporary external vendors/contractors assigned to particular F&I Department projects.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or equivalent; ten years of experience in commercial and/or residential construction required. Experience managing complex projects from inception through completion. Journey-man level certification or State of California Contractor’s license in General Building, Electrical, Mechanical, and or Plumbing disciplines are desired. Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
Minor plumbing, electrical, painting and carpentry experience are highly desired. Knowledge and experience in installation, operation and repair of irrigation systems, preferred.
Must be able to assist in performing installations of water closets, water heaters, softeners, fixtures, faucets, tubs and the ability to work on sewer, potable and non-potable water systems. Must be familiar with standard HVAC systems.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Individuals must be able to successfully pass the Tribal Gaming Agency (TGA) Background Check. Must possess a valid driver’s license, and maintain a driving record that is satisfactory to the Tribe’s insurance carrier.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and arms to operate office equipment; push, pull and grasp objects; talk and hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25-50 pounds and up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodations. The employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, risk of electrical shock, outside weather condition and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $65,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- This position requires an extensive background check. Are you able to comply?
- This Position is located in Brooks, CA. Near Cache Creek Casino. Are you able to commute?
- commercial/residential construction: 3 years (Preferred)
- Journey-man level cert or State of CA Contractor’s license (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Required)
Work Location: In person